New XBOX Update

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

New XBOX Update

Post by Rodster »

If you guys haven't updated your Xbox yet you'll like what you'll see. The new dashboard has a nice clean look and so far it seems snappier than before. This update was huge it took about 15 minutes total.

edit: You can now watch ESPN on XBL if you have certain providers, one of which is Verizon. 8)

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: New XBOX Update

Post by Rodster »

Some problems i've encountered already. I went to play Head Shot Z and it told me of an update but the only button available was the cancel button. So I deleted the game and went to re-download it and it wants me to pay 80pts. :twisted:

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Major upgrade problems, apparently. I, for one, can't download it either.

http://www.examiner.com/game-news-in-na ... ate-issues
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I had no problems & it took about 10 mins. The big bonus for me is the higher headset voice quality. very cool.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

RobVarak wrote:Major upgrade problems, apparently. I, for one, can't download it either.

http://www.examiner.com/game-news-in-na ... ate-issues

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Fortunately worked fine and took less than 5 minutes when i tried it this morning. Tried to download ESPN though and that failed. I'll just try again sometime later.

Boltman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Boltman »

Downloaded it, I ran into a few glitchy bugs and what not. Rebooted my 360 and it works fine. I love the ESPN3 feature, I was watching all kinds of sporting events from all over the world!

Brilliant!

It plays smooth and there was no loading or anything, hell I was even fast forwarding through some of the non live events.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Don't delete anything. If it really hangs up, just turn the console off and on. But the server is really slow in doing these updates. worse, I got several messages saying that I neede to check my connection and it wouldn't let me download. the answer was to try again and again for a minute or two. The servers are just getting hammered.

But I did see on the dashboard an error message about deleting content and having to re-buy it. They are fixing the problem. It's not flawless, but for a one day a year update, I can live with it. And interface is cleaner, Netflix is HUGELY improved, and ESPN is going to be great.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I don't know about you guys but the white background scheme ala the 360 games logo is wearing a little thin on me. I haven't found a way to customize it either or maybe we can't. I do like the overall choice of the smaller font similar to what Sony had on the original PS3 XMB layout. Is it me or are these two just copying each other? Sheesh

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Works about the same but looks a lot uglier. The menu backgrounds look really plain, and I miss the way the info boxes used to be layered away to the right.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Feanor wrote:Works about the same but looks a lot uglier. The menu backgrounds look really plain, and I miss the way the info boxes used to be layered away to the right.
Absolutely agree. The white menus are garbage.

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

The ESPN channel is great.

HD quality stream plus you get all sports from all over the world other than here, like EPL, Spanish Futbol, CFL, you name it. Full NCAA games, very nice.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Lancer wrote:The ESPN channel is great.

HD quality stream plus you get all sports from all over the world other than here, like EPL, Spanish Futbol, CFL, you name it. Full NCAA games, very nice.
Hell mother-f-n yes it's awesome. Wow...totally impressed with the ESPN integration. I was sick of watching my 24" computer screen when I've got a 55" on the opposite wall in my office. Muuuuuuch better. :)

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

ESPN 3 rocks ! Before it was ESPN 360 and I love how you can watch sports from around the world and just about any College game you want too. I've had that for about two since i've had Verizon as my internet provider. Is this exclusive to XBL or will PSN get it too?

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Boltman wrote:It plays smooth and there was no loading or anything, hell I was even fast forwarding through some of the non live events.
Meh... I'll get into it when I can fast forward live events :P </sarcoff>

Seriously though. I'm bummed that my provider is not on board with 3. And another reason I'm pissed that VZ pulled the plug on new rollouts for FIOS. Neighborhoods not far from me in all directions have it, but by CO if in the dark ages it appears :evil:

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

GameSeven wrote:And another reason I'm pissed that VZ pulled the plug on new rollouts for FIOS. Neighborhoods not far from me in all directions have it, but by CO if in the dark ages it appears :evil:
I feel your pain. I'm in downtown Philly and FIOS doesn't look to be available anytime soon. I would think downtown in one the biggest cities in the country would be at the top of the list. Stuck with evil Comcast.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

TimeWarner just added ESPN 3 about 10 days ago here in Syracuse. Love it. Solid coverage of boxing -- and everything else.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Boltman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Boltman »

Rodster wrote:ESPN 3 rocks ! Before it was ESPN 360 and I love how you can watch sports from around the world and just about any College game you want too. I've had that for about two since i've had Verizon as my internet provider. Is this exclusive to XBL or will PSN get it too?
I believe it is an exclusive deal with M$ so no on PSN.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

So I checked out ESPN on XBL today. I assume there simply weren't any games to show at the time (5:30pst) as it was all interview/news stuff.

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

greggsand wrote:So I checked out ESPN on XBL today. I assume there simply weren't any games to show at the time (5:30pst) as it was all interview/news stuff.
It could be that your ISP doesn't have access to it yet. I have Time Warner Cable and while i get it on my computer it does not yet work on the 360. I've heard it will be available soon but i have seen nothing official yet.
"Be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller, and contains less potential for unexpected delirium." -Nick Hornby

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

LAking wrote:
greggsand wrote:So I checked out ESPN on XBL today. I assume there simply weren't any games to show at the time (5:30pst) as it was all interview/news stuff.
It could be that your ISP doesn't have access to it yet. I have Time Warner Cable and while i get it on my computer it does not yet work on the 360. I've heard it will be available soon but i have seen nothing official yet.
I think you're right. TW here.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I like the new look and layout.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Rodster wrote:ESPN 3 rocks ! Before it was ESPN 360 and I love how you can watch sports from around the world and just about any College game you want too. I've had that for about two since i've had Verizon as my internet provider. Is this exclusive to XBL or will PSN get it too?
I had no expectations for ESPN, b/c I use wireless and thought the buffering would be awful. It's incredibly good! Fires right up with no hesitation whatsoever. 30 seconds after firing up the program, I was watching a Serie A game. Brilliant!! So happy that I almost don't care about the ridiculous new white menus. :)

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Is the ESPN integration the same as ESPN 360 is or was? Meaning, in the past I would be able to watch my Jayhawks on ESPN360.com. Would I now be able to watch in full screen?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

sportdan30 wrote:Is the ESPN integration the same as ESPN 360 is or was? Meaning, in the past I would be able to watch my Jayhawks on ESPN360.com. Would I now be able to watch in full screen?
Yes to all of the above. ESPN 3 is a rename of ESPN 360 and the ESPN channel on XBL is ESPN 3. But I believe you need a service provider like Verizon and there are a few others to access the channel. You may also need a XBL Gold account too. Not sure about that since my account is Gold.