NCAA Season 2010

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NCAA Season 2010

Post by Rodster »

The U is being investigated by the NCAA for text messaging recruits which is pretty lame.
http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/06/1 ... sible.html

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NCAA Season 2010

Post by dbdynsty25 »

And every other major program in the country will be investigated as well. Unless you're buying houses and sh*t for star running backs...who cares?

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Well, since it's The U, I'm ok with it.

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

following 2 uninteresting college seasons (IMO), NCAA 11 has restored interest in college football for me, which i didn't know existed. The best overall football title, have ever played

am a traditonalist. Not my intention to be overly negative, but the super-conference news was not well-received by me. Nebraska in the Big 10?? They belong in the Big 12. In the name of tradition. As a Big 10 guy, would be able to see the addition of a Missouri etc (based on geographics). Unfortunately for traditionalists a prescendent was set with Penn State, a few years back.

expect will be playing more NCAA 11, then watching college football. At least i can do things my own way.

thank you all for tolerating the rant, fellas 8)

Badger_Fan
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by Badger_Fan »

vinny-b wrote:following 2 uninteresting college seasons (IMO), NCAA 11 has restored interest in college football for me, which i didn't know existed. The best overall football title, have ever played

am a traditonalist. Not my intention to be overly negative, but the super-conference news was not well-received by me. Nebraska in the Big 10?? They belong in the Big 12. In the name of tradition. As a Big 10 guy, would be able to see the addition of a Missouri etc (based on geographics). Unfortunately for traditionalists a prescendent was set with Penn State, a few years back.

expect will be playing more NCAA 11, then watching college football. At least i can do things my own way.

thank you all for tolerating the rant, fellas 8)
I don't get this at all. How does Nebraska "belong" in the Big 12? The Big 12 is less than 20 years old. Style-wise, they are a much better fit in the Big 10 than they are the Big 12. The old Big 8 rivalry with Oklahoma was lost when they joined the Big 12 as they didn't even play every year at that point. Times are changing a bit.
The sing-along songs'll be our scriptures.

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

time for football - Boise ST/Virginia Tech !

my man, Brent Musburger !

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

which team has Frank Beamer coaching them? dang...

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

That was a hell of a game tonight between Boise and VaTech. Very entertaining. I'm still not convinced Boise could hang with a team like Alabama, but that win did help the Broncos' case for the BCS title game.

I thought the late hit call was questionable on the VaTech defender during Boise's winning drive. The Boise receiver was tiptoeing down the line when the VaTech kid committed to the tackle. The kid doesn't have the benefit of replay or a good line of vision to determine whether the Boise receiver stepped out.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

pk500 wrote:That was a hell of a game tonight between Boise and VaTech. Very entertaining. I'm still not convinced Boise could hang with a team like Alabama, but that win did help the Broncos' case for the BCS title game.

I thought the late hit call was questionable on the VaTech defender during Boise's winning drive. The Boise receiver was tiptoeing down the line when the VaTech kid committed to the tackle. The kid doesn't have the benefit of replay or a good line of vision to determine whether the Boise receiver stepped out.
PK, I tire of the talking heads downplaying Boise's schedule.

Nevada is a solid team they have to play on the road, Fresno State whooped up on Cincy on Saturday, and Utah State gave Oklahoma all they could handle in Norman.

Obviously, the Big 12 and SEC have wholes in their league as well with Kansas and Ole Miss/Vandy respectively.

If Boise goes undefeated, they deserve to be in the title game and I think they would give anyone in the country a great game.

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

They could hang with Bama, but could they goto Tuscaloosa, travel home to play Arkansas to follow that up with a home game against LSU and Auburn? I doubt it. In fact I think they are 8-8 over the past 8 years against major conference teams.

I wish Georgia played their schedule.
XBL: bdunn13
PSN: bdunn13

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I'm sorry. All the talk is just fluff. Boise State has ONE game. They played it tonight. They played it well, but really...no way they're championship material.

And for the record, Mooseburger and HerbStreet were gettin' all kinds of off over Boise State tonight, so I don't know what talking heads you're hearing. But their schedule strength is rated at 90th in the nation. 90th. Who gets a nod with a schedule rated that low?
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

bdunn13 wrote:They could hang with Bama, but could they goto Tuscaloosa, travel home to play Arkansas to follow that up with a home game against LSU and Auburn? I doubt it. In fact I think they are 8-8 over the past 8 years against major conference teams.

Very well said. Boise has one more tough game this season -- Oregon State. SEC, Big Ten and Big 12 teams have tough conference games damn near every weekend.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Didn't see it mentioned but Yahoo.com is reporting that Reggie Bush will be stripped of his 2005 Heisman.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:Didn't see it mentioned but Yahoo.com is reporting that Reggie Bush will be stripped of his 2005 Heisman.
And that means what? He lost that in the public's eye four years ago. Big deal, they take his trophy. He can buy another one.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Rodster wrote:Didn't see it mentioned but Yahoo.com is reporting that Reggie Bush will be stripped of his 2005 Heisman.
And that means what? He lost that in the public's eye four years ago. Big deal, they take his trophy. He can buy another one.
True, I think the whole agent thing is BS. They are athletes and companies like EA Sports use their likeness etc. I think they should be allowed to make money while playing and in College.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

pk500 wrote:
bdunn13 wrote:They could hang with Bama, but could they goto Tuscaloosa, travel home to play Arkansas to follow that up with a home game against LSU and Auburn? I doubt it. In fact I think they are 8-8 over the past 8 years against major conference teams.

Very well said. Boise has one more tough game this season -- Oregon State. SEC, Big Ten and Big 12 teams have tough conference games damn near every weekend.
While running the table in the SEC may be tough....you really don't think they could run the table in the Big East or ACC?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

pigpen81 wrote:
pk500 wrote:

While running the table in the SEC may be tough....you really don't think they could run the table in the Big East or ACC?
Big East? Yes. ACC? No. Again, it's one thing to beat up on the WAC. It's another thing to go to Blacksburg, Tallahassee and Miami and win all in one season.

Boise State is the Butler of college football. It plays a solid non-conference schedule and then beats up on its conference with ease. Like Butler last winter, all the pieces are in place for Boise to make a strong run to the national final (BCS title game). But if you put Butler in the Big East, there's no effing way it would finish unbeaten in conference play. Same if you put Boise in the SEC, Big 10 or Big 12.

There's a chance Boise could go to Tuscaloosa and beat Alabama. The Broncos are a good team, and anything can happen in 60 minutes on the field. But I can't see any scenario in which Boise runs the table in an SEC season. Not one.

Plus your original question assumes the Big East and ACC are comparable conferences to the SEC, Big 10 or Big 12. That's a substantial leap.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

+1 to PK... :D Good read, pal...

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

Don't forget Georgia Tech - while you can beat GT if you have time to prepare, how would Boise do playing home against FSU one game and then going to Atlanta the following week to play against that offense??

Since we will never get a playoff, I would be satisfied with an "and one" BCS. At least that way a team like Boise could get in but would have to win twice against the best to win a championship.

I have no problems with Boise, but after listening to the announcing on Monday I was ready to shoot myself. When Brent talked about how 'shocked' he was that VT was 'self destructing' in the first half against Boise, i was thinking back to how many times over the years that VT self destructed against Miami or FSU or BC or Alabama. Put pressure on VT and they become cheap shot central. Think of the players who came out of VT - Michael and Marcus Vick, Jim Druckenmiller (aka Drunkenmiller), DeAngelo Hall (self proclaimed shut down corner). And every time Boise would score it would be Cinderella this or Cinderella that. And when VT would score, the BCS would 'breathe a sigh of relief." How did we live with Mussberger doing the NCAA final four every year or the Super Bowl. The guy needs to tune down the hype about 1000%. I mean, come on, VT has now lost to Boise, Alabama and USC to start the season. Give them credit for playing good teams, but how about winning one for a change?

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I'll take Moosebooger any day over Gary Danielson on ABC...ugh...

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Jayhawks stuns #15 Georgia Tech after losing last week to D-IIA North Dakota State.

Great first win Turner Gill! Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

dougb
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dougb »

VT lose to James Madison :P

Guess that cache win by Boise St. last week is now in the dumpster :lol: So that's an Oregon St. team that is 0-1 and a VT team that loses to a football backwater. Can we stop hearing about how Boise St should have a legitimate shot at the National Championship game now that we've got an even better picture of how piss poor their opponents are?

Best wishes,

Doug
"Every major sport has come under the influence of organized crime. FIFA actually is organized crime" - Charles Pierce

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Jacory Harris could be having one huge game today if it weren't for all those pics he's thrown but if you're a Buckeyes fan you probably agree he's having a great day anyway. :P

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

dougb wrote:VT lose to James Madison :P

Guess that cache win by Boise St. last week is now in the dumpster :lol: So that's an Oregon St. team that is 0-1 and a VT team that loses to a football backwater. Can we stop hearing about how Boise St should have a legitimate shot at the National Championship game now that we've got an even better picture of how piss poor their opponents are?

Best wishes,

Doug
That's an Oregon State team that lost to TCU.....which happens to be a top 10 team.

It is sad that the ACC and Big Least will both get Auto BCS bids while the WAC, MWC and Conference USA will not.

The ACC is sad today.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

The Michigan QB, Robinson, is a blast to watch. Most exciting player I have seen this season.