DeathSpank

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

DeathSpank

Post by tjung0831 »

New live arcade title...$15...hack and slash RPG. Demo is great and the user reviews are very positive. Gameplay is said to be between 8-10 hours if you complete all quests. I believe it's also available on PSN. I played the demo for about 10 minutes before deciding it's purchase worthy and will be purchasing later tonight. Gotta love $15 games that have this kind of fun factor.

Tim
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Thanks Tim, I'm going to check it out. If I like it i'll wait for a price drop before I buy. :)

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: DeathSpank

Post by Rodster »

Deathspank is excellent Tim and worthy of $15, love the voice acting and dialog. I'm still waiting for the price to drop.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Hadn't heard of this one, but seems pretty amusing.

Do prices usually drop on XBL games?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I bought the Sega arcade flight game that's like Outrun. I paid $10 4 weeks ago around the time when it was released and last week it was $5. MS has been having tons of XBL sales recently.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

It will probably be awhile before the price drops on DeathSpank but it's one of those games thats well worth the $15. Its probably better than 80% of the $60 titles.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

slyguy
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by slyguy »

I unlocked the full game after playing the demo. I played like 5 minutes of the demo and stopped because i didn't want to ruin the full game. I am really liking this one its a fetch this fetch that type of game but fun none the less

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Didn't wow me at first, even though I love Ron Gilbert and his Monkey Island games are some of the quirkiest, funniest games I ever played back in the day.

DeathSpank has a lot of the same humor, which is a very good thing. The gameplay is like a video version of whack-a-mole. Kill stuff, grab loot. Kill more stuff, grab more loot. I love those types of games, but the only thing that irks me about this one is that it's not very easy to compare stats of things that you have in inventory vs. what you're wearing. That's a pretty big thing to leave out of a loot-whoring game like this.

But overall, it's good fun. The voice acting is hilarious in parts, and as you start getting elemental weapons, it gets to be a lot of fun with big "CRIT!" and flaming explosions everywhere.

I can't see NOT paying the $15 for this. The co-op is purely an afterthought, but it's fun for the kiddos to tag along and shoot spells at stuff.

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

My son likes playing the wizard. And we both end up talking like Deathspank. My daughter is getting sick of us telling her "Greetings, Demon Witch!"
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"