NHL Offseason 2010

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NHL Offseason 2010

Post by Naples39 »

May as well kick it off.

Halak traded for a bag of pucks - http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=5298330

He's a pending RFA, but still. I guess that means Mason won't be resigning with STL.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Great trade for the Blues....but not a bag of pucks. Eller has just as much potential as Halak does but it's a good deal for the Blues. The Chris Mason era is over and it sounds like he's not happy based on tweets from his agent. They were said to have been close to a deal and the Blues blindsided them with this news at the last second. I say Mason will be a Flyer on July 1st.
Something tells me that the Blues and Habs had some sort of an agreement dating back to the Aaron Palushaj for Matt D'agostini deal that came out of nowhere last season when that trade appeared to heavily favor Montreal.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I guess he was asking for the moon after his great performance in the playoffs and rightfully so. With Price around it was the right thing to do.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

tjung0831 wrote:Great trade for the Blues....but not a bag of pucks. Eller has just as much potential as Halak does but it's a good deal for the Blues. The Chris Mason era is over and it sounds like he's not happy based on tweets from his agent. They were said to have been close to a deal and the Blues blindsided them with this news at the last second. I say Mason will be a Flyer on July 1st.
Something tells me that the Blues and Habs had some sort of an agreement dating back to the Aaron Palushaj for Matt D'agostini deal that came out of nowhere last season when that trade appeared to heavily favor Montreal.
Agreed, Eller is NOT a bag of pucks and it sucks we traded him away, it's not like we don't need f***in scorers or anything.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I find the Halak trade to be a dissapointment. They would have had NO playoff run without him. Some one in Montreal must really love Price. :?

Oh well. Ill look at the bright side. You cannot play hockey with out pucks.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Hall or Seguin: That is the question for the Oil!

Nice dilemma to have.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:Hall or Seguin: That is the question for the Oil!

Nice dilemma to have.
Will Tambi listen to offers?

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

I don't think so. It's a chance for a franchise player to build around, and lord knows the Oil are rebuilding this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if Souray, Moreau, and Horcoff are gone long before training camp, either in trades or buy outs.
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Nice dilemma to have.
Hall is the better player but Seguin is a better organizational fit for the Oilers. I think Oilernation would go nuts if management takes a pass on Hall. The Bruins want Hall very bad though, so the Oil might be able to get a ransom just by trading down one spot plus they still end up with Seguin. Edmonton is in a win win situation here for sure.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:

Nice dilemma to have.
Will Tambi listen to offers?
I'd take an offer from Boston if the Bruins' hard-on for Hall is that strong. The Oil still could get Seguin and some very nice assets from Boston that could help the team NOW.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Danny Briere and son fine after their car collided with a tractor-trailer.

http://www.csnphilly.com/06/17/10/Brier ... feedID=695

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Glad that Briere and his son are doing well, that was a nasty crash.

Is NAS selling house? They are not going to afford one of the most coveted D-man after July 1st in D. Hamhuis and they traded J. Arnott back to NJD who will add much needed size up front for the Devils.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

10spro wrote:Glad that Briere and his son are doing well, that was a nasty crash.

Is NAS selling house? They are not going to afford one of the most coveted D-man after July 1st in D. Hamhuis and they traded J. Arnott back to NJD who will add much needed size up front for the Devils.
Well Holmgren continued his practice of jumping the gun on NSH's free agents, getting Hamhuis and a pick for Parent.

I like the deal from a hockey perspective, as I've really not been impressed by Parent's development thus far, but I don't know how the Flyers can afford the extra few cap millions Hamhuis will bring over Parent's salary. Other moves likely.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

One of the smoothest skaters in the NHL is to announce his retirement today. Team Canada's captain S. Niedermayer. A winner. Happy retirement Scotty!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:One of the smoothest skaters in the NHL is to announce his retirement today. Team Canada's captain S. Niedermayer. A winner. Happy retirement Scotty!
Does anyone believe that the Brett Favre of the NHL is really done?

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:
10spro wrote:One of the smoothest skaters in the NHL is to announce his retirement today. Team Canada's captain S. Niedermayer. A winner. Happy retirement Scotty!
He would look good in a Habs sweater.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

XXXIV wrote:
pk500 wrote:
I'm sure 10spro hopes he has a change of heart and plays near home in Vancouver. :)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:
XXXIV wrote:
pk500 wrote: Does anyone believe that the Brett Favre of the NHL is really done?
I'm sure 10spro hopes he has a change of heart and plays near home in Vancouver. :)
I think he's done PK. As good as he's been, you can tell that he's lost a step, am I saying he could not fit here in VAN ville? Of course not, but is there anything that he hasn't won yet? The first time he was more on the iffy side, waiting what kind of a team B. Burkie then would assemble together, whether Selanne would be resigned, etc.

He would look playing anywhere, if he does pull a B. Favre, it would be around January of course, but I doubt it.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

So Tom Renney will run the drills now in oil town.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:So Tom Renney will run the drills now in oil town.
Hard to blame the old Irishman from stepping away from that train wreck. The hope is that the genius, Steve Tambellini, might actually listen to Quinn in his new role as an advisor.

Don't count on it. Tambi is a joke.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

The salary dump begins? From Twitter.

TSNBobMcKenzie
Chicago to send Byfuglien, Sopel, Eager and Akim Aliu to Atl for 24th overall pick, 54th overall pick, Marty Reasoner and Jeremy Morin.

Not surprised to see Byfuglien go while trade value probably at all time high.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Chicago isn't getting value out of that deal. Two picks, a prospect and a used puck bag named Marty Reasoner?

Total salary dump. A costly one, too, as there are few -- if any -- players in the NHL with the size and skill of Big Buf.

Sopel is slow, but he's a stay-at-home defenseman, which every team needs to win a Cup. Just how good was Pittsburgh defensively this postseason without Gill and Scuderi compared to its run to the Cup in 2009?

Very shaky deal for Chicago.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:Chicago isn't getting value out of that deal. Two picks, a prospect and a used puck bag named Marty Reasoner?

Total salary dump. A costly one, too, as there are few -- if any -- players in the NHL with the size and skill of Big Buf.

Sopel is slow, but he's a stay-at-home defenseman, which every team needs to win a Cup. Just how good was Pittsburgh defensively this postseason without Gill and Scuderi compared to its run to the Cup in 2009?

Very shaky deal for Chicago.
I agree.

If I wasnt a Hab fan I would be even more dissapointed by this deal than the Halak deal...

Buffs value is at its apex and that is what they get?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

What was crappy, I was on the way home and the way Buff found out is the radio station called him to ask him about the trade and he was like what trade. They started the interview and then 2 minutes in he had to go cause his agent was calling him.

Apparently his agent found out from the local beat reporter, really crappy way to do it if your the Hawks.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Gotta love the internet...

I feel bad for the guy....well all the guys. Not only is it a shitty way to find out , its toooo God damned soon after the party...Let em enjoy it a little longer!