NHL Offseason 2010

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

To me Proby was the toughest enforcer in the NHL. I will always remember his bouts with McSorley, Domi and Grimson had some good ones with Gino Odjick too and if you care to look into the leagues fights over the years, you'll always find one that involves Probert among the best.

Too young to go. Sad news.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Good column about Probie from Mitch Albom:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... ullarticle
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

pk500 wrote:A Probert-Domi CLASSIC:

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qiMJdl7k9sU&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed>
Probert worked him over well, but Domi deserves some credit for staying up and taking shot after shot. Seems like players these days fall and turtle quite a bit once they receive a couple decent shots. I didn't realize Probert was that old. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago when he retired.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

For sure and let that be a lesson to any of our kids not to pick on the little guys, especially if his surname is Domi.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I guess I'll have to get used to it, but the new ice rink for the 'Nucks will be called the 'Rogers Arena'. GM is still one of the major sponsors, but Rogers came up with the bigger bucks for the next 10 years.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Naples39 wrote:Image
Not to change the topic but when I saw the video of Lohan balling about going to jail yesterday I loved it. You could just see she was shocked that anything close to what was happening could ever happen to a spoiled, pampered broad like her.

Speaking of Broad, I am anxious to see if the Flyers actually do get rid of Gagne...and what they are going to get. I love the defensive pick ups so far but, and I'm no hockey genius, we need an F'n goalie!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Agree on Lohan. But I'd still plant a load between those lush cans of hers.

Back to hockey ... This is for Gangrel -- A nice blog entry about the first day of Oilers' rookie camp:

http://communities.canada.com/edmontonj ... ilers.aspx
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:But I'd still plant a load between those lush cans of hers.
:D
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

So, according to every reliable source (ESPN, Rich Hammond, Helene Elliot) Dean Lombardi has confirmed that the Kings are talking with Kovy again. I have to say, if Dean is able to sign Kovy to a reasonable contract (8 mil or under) you have to give him a lot of credit for playing hardball and calling kovy's bluff.
"Be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller, and contains less potential for unexpected delirium." -Nick Hornby

jimd
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by jimd »

Rob Niedermayer to the Sabres. Not the top-6 forward, or pp QB I was hoping for, but brings leadership to a team in desperate need of it. Now can he get his bro Scott to join him?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

LAking wrote:So, according to every reliable source (ESPN, Rich Hammond, Helene Elliot) Dean Lombardi has confirmed that the Kings are talking with Kovy again. I have to say, if Dean is able to sign Kovy to a reasonable contract (8 mil or under) you have to give him a lot of credit for playing hardball and calling kovy's bluff.
Agreed, especially since Kovy isn't worth $10 million per season.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

pk500 wrote:Agree on Lohan. But I'd still plant a load between those lush cans of hers.

Back to hockey ... This is for Gangrel -- A nice blog entry about the first day of Oilers' rookie camp:

http://communities.canada.com/edmontonj ... ilers.aspx
Optimism? In Oil town? Hmmmm, I haven't felt that since after the Cup Run.... (ya, I was still hungover from that lol)

I don't know if we'll make the playoffs yet, but I'm hoping with the young kids this year that the team will finally give a damn and play to win every night, and not just play for pay.

Definately have to make sure I get tickets when they come here to play the Sens, if they do at all this year!
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Nabokov chases the money to the KHL. I bet no one offered him more than $4m in the NHL. Marty Turco can't be happy that the more valued Nabokov can't get a good NHL deal.

There's also some talk that Flyers are on the verge of bringing Zherdev back from the KHL. If so, certainly that must be the end of Gagne with the Flyers. Just hope they don't destroy his trade value too much with all this maneuvering.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Diablo25 wrote:
Im quite disgusted gentlemen. That is some ones daughter. :P

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

XXXIV wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:
Im quite disgusted gentlemen. That is some ones daughter. :P
That's also one DURRRRRRRRTY girl.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Eh, she was much more attractive in her jailbait days than in her current, overtanned, alcoholic lesbian days. It's been a real loss for humanity.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Naples39 wrote:Nabokov chases the money to the KHL. I bet no one offered him more than $4m in the NHL. Marty Turco can't be happy that the more valued Nabokov can't get a good NHL deal.

There's also some talk that Flyers are on the verge of bringing Zherdev back from the KHL. If so, certainly that must be the end of Gagne with the Flyers. Just hope they don't destroy his trade value too much with all this maneuvering.
Maybe Naby can win something in the KHL. The issue with Turco is that he wants to be a starter. Of course he ain't gonna get anything close to 4 million per, mid 2 is more likely but he wants to be the stopper instead of warming up the bench.

Good luck with Zherdev. This guy has a lot of skills but his off ice issues are well known and he's not a team player as shown in his days with the Rangers. And he's going to be asking what, something in the mid 3 area? I rather keep Gagne.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Naples39 wrote:Eh, she was much more attractive in her jailbait days than in her current, overtanned, alcoholic lesbian days. It's been a real loss for humanity.
Again, I'd still plant a warm stream of tapioca pudding in the freckle-dusted canyon between her flesh pillows. :)

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

10spro wrote:Good luck with Zherdev. This guy has a lot of skills but his off ice issues are well known and he's not a team player as shown in his days with the Rangers. And he's going to be asking what, something in the mid 3 area? I rather keep Gagne.
The question may be having Gagne vs having Turco+Zherdev. I'm not the biggest fan of Zherdev and I'll believe about Gagne traded when it actually happens.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

More credibility to the flyers- zherdev story, and waivers mentioned as possibility for gagne. Yikes.

DarrenDreger Sounds like Flyers are waiting to announce Zherdev until Gagne gets moved...
36 minutes ago

DarrenDreger Some NHL execs think Philly will place Gagne on waivers, if a trade isn't found very soon.
29 minutes ago

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

I love what Gagne's done for the club so I hope he gets a dignified exit by trade, but he best days are well behind him.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Round 2 between Kovi and La went nowhere. Just resign with the Devils or join Nabokov in Russia. Whichever team don't do the LJ thing. :roll:

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Flyers have signed Zherdev to a 1-year $2 million contract.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NHL Offseason 2010

Post by 10spro »

Kovy finally signs with Lou Lamoriello.