NCAA Football 11

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Danimal wrote:I thought there was a chew clock option? Not the same as accelerated clock but I thought it shortened the game. Did they take that out?
Watched the clock more closely with the very fast gameplay option and it only runs off 8 seconds of clock.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

He's referring to what was there last year--if you back out to the main playcalling screen where you had Ask Corso, Basic, Advanced, etc (not sure if it's there this year), there was an option for "Chew Clock On/Off". That would burn down the playclock when you wanted to hold a lead, etc. You could toggle it on or off in game.

I'd be SHOCKED if they took that out this year. You just can't see it other than the overall strategy window.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Zlax45 wrote:
TCrouch wrote:And that's a perfectly normal gripe list. Everybody has differing opinions. But to say they've changed NOTHING with the only gripe as dirty uniforms just amazes me. Even the most ardent hater of NCAA, if they've played more than a handful of games each year, knows that they've been changing crap.

Maybe not always for the better, and whether somebody likes it or not comes down to personal preference, but they certainly haven't simply left it alone. And to claim that features in Genesis are left off...stuff has been added too. Online franchise? Road to Glory (which I personally love, although I think the vast majority of people dislike)?

I dunno. I can't ever tell people "your OPINION is wrong!!", but that just seems so misguided.
See I don't play Online Franchise or Road to Glory. I just play offline franchise and I haven't seen much to change that.
I agree with you. I know NCAA11 is revamped so can't comment on that since I don't have it, but the previous games gave me the same experience offline. That's not all bad since I enjoy the NCAA series, and did enjoy NCAA 10.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Tomorrow at work is so gonna drag, as I bolt to grab the game the second I get outta there.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

The dynasty mode isn't revamped unless you call change the point system on coach interaction change. They repackaged that mode.

I can't get excited about it because after you play a season or two it just turns into a series of exhibition modes. If they finally get the team styles right then that would give the game more character. By that I mean, Air Force might steal a game because they can run the wishbone effectively. Or a Florida runs a spread where it looks to nickle and dime you all game long. It has to do more than just vary playbook but actually capture the team style.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Mine has shipped for tomorrow delivery.. family will be at the fair, the night is all mine!

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Danimal wrote:
Zlax45 wrote:See, I couldn't make it thorough a full game of the demo...I will probably end up getting it if you guys say it is AMAZING.
Are you a big football fan? Serious question because if you are I'm just amazed you see no differences in this game. I couldn't even stomach NCAA 10 last year.
Used to be...not a huge one right now...
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

eman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by eman »

Sports Illustrated is offering a special deal - order two years of SI and get NCAA 11 free.

I've wanted to subscribe to SI for a while now, so I took them up on the offer. Only downside is after I submitted my order SI indicated the est. ship date for the game is July 28th! Geesh, I didnt expect it to ship tomorrow, but the game will be weeks old before I get it?

I have NCAA fever - wish I had passes on the SI offer so I could pickup the game today.
Gamer Tag - mmeh97
Owner in the DSP Official League - Eagles

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

eman wrote:Sports Illustrated is offering a special deal - order two years of SI and get NCAA 11 free.

I've wanted to subscribe to SI for a while now, so I took them up on the offer. Only downside is after I submitted my order SI indicated the est. ship date for the game is July 28th! Geesh, I didnt expect it to ship tomorrow, but the game will be weeks old before I get it?

I have NCAA fever - wish I had passes on the SI offer so I could pickup the game today.
You can always buy a copy and then return the new and still-wrapped one you get from SI for a refund once it arrives.

eman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by eman »

Zeppo wrote:
eman wrote:Sports Illustrated is offering a special deal - order two years of SI and get NCAA 11 free.

You can always buy a copy and then return the new and still-wrapped one you get from SI for a refund once it arrives.
Zep, theres a reason you make the big bucks. Thanks for the great idea!
Gamer Tag - mmeh97
Owner in the DSP Official League - Eagles

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

EA is plugging unique play styles as a big feature this year. Do the teams really play like they should? It was hard to tell from the demo with such short games. Is this only for offense, or has the defensive playbooks been tweaked as well?

In '09 (the only next gen version I have) the playbooks had way to many formations for each team. While some teams did play differently, they seemd too much the same. I still play '06 (Xbox1) from time to time, and I actually liked the smaller playbooks because it kept the teams from playing too much alike.
-Matt

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Ugh went over to OS and now they are offering instant bans. What a joke moderation over there has become. Yes I know some here are mods over there but you guys are out of control. :)

Anyway, here's to DSP and hopefully some more impressions.

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

JRod wrote:Ugh went over to OS and now they are offering instant bans. What a joke moderation over there has become. Yes I know some here are mods over there but you guys are out of control. :)

Anyway, here's to DSP and hopefully some more impressions.
Posts like this are the reason why. Off topic trolling.
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Let's keep this on-topic...I've never been a fan of slagging other sites here (different places need different levels of moderation); and I definitely don't want this thread to become a flame war about OS moderation.

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

Good policy. Thanks Jared.
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

How the hell do you get the custom stadium sounds into NCAA 11?
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Teal wrote:How the hell do you get the custom stadium sounds into NCAA 11?
I assume usb thumb drive to copy the sounds to your xbox.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Danimal wrote:
Teal wrote:How the hell do you get the custom stadium sounds into NCAA 11?
I assume usb thumb drive to copy the sounds to your xbox.
I burned a CD and ripped it to the 360, named the file, all that. But the game doesn't 'see' the file. That's the way I did it in 09...wonder what's changed?
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

How's the game play Teal?

You know the posters on this forum are getting older when it takes until well after noon to hear any game impressions! :lol: Ain't like it used to be...

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

sportdan30 wrote:How's the game play Teal?

You know the posters on this forum are getting older when it takes until well after noon to hear any game impressions! :lol: Ain't like it used to be...
True.

I said I wasn't going to get it but I didn't have much to do this week so what the hell. I had a few dust coasters so I traded them in.

If we can't be bothered to post long impressions anymore, than I guess NCAA is okay. I don't see any glaring issues in the first game. The game feel jerky and rough at times not like BB in any means. The the truckmotion gimmick is basically that...I don't think it's anything more than what 2k5 offered.

The part that is improved in the defense doesn't zoom around intercepting or swatting downs balls. That still exists but they have to be close. So this means some pass patterns are actually playable.

Oh ya don't know if it's this way on the 360 but the menus on the PS3 are slow and stutter. Not a big thing but noticeable. So no slow down during gameplay however.
Last edited by JRod on Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Thanks for the impressions JRod. I cancelled my Dell order because they changed the date to July 28th. I'm still playing NCAA 09 on the PS3. If the 360 version goes on sale locally I may pick it up. The 09 version can still hold me over.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I have it but haven't played it yet. Watched a cpu game at lunch game sure looks pretty.

Once I get a chance to play I'll post
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I'm going to pick it up for the PS3 later today, and if it's not my cup of tea, I'll trade it in towards Madden in about 4 weeks. Hopefully, they'll have the same trade-in promo they had last years where you get $40 back in credit. That said, the game has been getting excellent reviews from both gamers and reviewers alike. With how crappy the Rams are, I'll probably just have NCAA as my football fix this year anyways.

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

Thanks for the quick impressions, JRod. I'd be interested to hear any additional thoughts you have as to how it compares to BB after you've spent some more time with the game.

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

JRod wrote:Oh ya don't know if it's this way on the 360 but the menus on the PS3 are slow and stutter. Not a big thing but noticeable. So no slow down during gameplay however.
Is it any better than the demo? I noticed a lot of pauses in the PS3 demo when it came to the menus and playcalling.

I hope someone can answer my previous questions. Guess I've got to wait for all you old geezers to get home from work and put the kids to bed first :)
-Matt