World of Outlaws Sprint Cars (360)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I'm interested to hear your findings. I was excited to see somebody actually show up on the Friends leaderboard, too! :)

And it's pretty ridiculous that your career would be an arcade-style ladder of increasingly difficult races. Generally you have a feeder series, and work your way up to the big boys. This eschews all of that and just dumps you straight in the shark tank, so I guess that's the compromise they made.

I had a hell of a time with that Lowe's time trial, too. My times were like 13.5 on average, and you had to hit no slower than 13.25 over a 3 lap course. Until I had upgraded the chassis to Titanium, I couldn't touch that lap time. So I guess there are some challenges you'll just end up coming back to after you pimp your ride, lol.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Guys like XXXIV and Zeppo need to get in on this, too. Online can be a real blast if we can fill some rooms with DSP guys.

The one thing that irks me is that you can't see who's who on the track in any online modes. So you have to try to stick with one car or announce which car you are or something.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

TCrouch wrote:Guys like XXXIV and Zeppo need to get in on this, too. Online can be a real blast if we can fill some rooms with DSP guys.

The one thing that irks me is that you can't see who's who on the track in any online modes. So you have to try to stick with one car or announce which car you are or something.
I'll always be 03... :wink:

I can guess who 34 would be...

Terry, you probably just need to be 01, because that's the place you're going to be in most of the time... :lol:
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

lol...nah, #26 in everything.

But you can't really see numbers so much. Just color schemes and whatnot until you're right up on them.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

OK, at lunch I unlocked the 410 Sponsorship package.

It's a Silver & Black car. Dibs for all DSP races for the rest of eternity!!!!!!!!!

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

It is odd that any car you get around during the first lap is significantly slower than the rest of the AI cars. In the few races I ran tonight, I always ended up running a half-to-full second a lap slower than the front pack but 1+ seconds faster than the cars I got around at the start. Kind of annoying, but I figure I need to figure out a way to get my pace up to that of the fast guys.

Good game for $20, that's for sure.

Nozzleman_216
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Nozzleman_216 »

I'm gonna go try to find this one. Not sure about today as we are buried in snow again but I may manage to get out.

You all are in trouble :twisted:
XBL: Nozzleman 216
PSN: Nozzleman_216

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Dave wrote:It is odd that any car you get around during the first lap is significantly slower than the rest of the AI cars. In the few races I ran tonight, I always ended up running a half-to-full second a lap slower than the front pack but 1+ seconds faster than the cars I got around at the start. Kind of annoying, but I figure I need to figure out a way to get my pace up to that of the fast guys.

Good game for $20, that's for sure.
Agreed. Great game for twenty bucks. Great game for 60 bucks IMO.

That issue you're referring to is a design decision, as well. Every Saturday night you have the high-dollar, fast guys, as well as guys who just putt around the track. You'll see several second gaps in their lap times, and they tried to simulate that. You may lap the backmarkers inside of 3 or 4 laps, but it will take a while to catch the fast guys again.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Yeah, it looks like I jumped the gun on that assessment. Strange that for a few straight races the fast/not fast cutoff would be exactly where I was after the first lap, but that appears to be what it was.

Tonight there were plenty of cars charging past me at Cedar Lake, I lost my rhythm and couldn't get it back.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

So, we gonna take another stab at an XBL race, Terry?

BTW, I can go tonight, but not tomorrow night. Weekends are touch and go, but could possibly do some racin' Saturday night (under the lights!)

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

God, I hope so. I am doing the iRacing run tonight, though. But I'm sure I can be around later in the evening after the kids are knocked out--around 11 ET.

I'd LOVE to have a few more guys join up, but I still only see friends leaderboard times from you, Web, and my brother, so I know not a lot of guys are running it. Didn't want to duplicate the thread and listen to the crickets again :lol:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

TCrouch wrote:God, I hope so. I am doing the iRacing run tonight, though. But I'm sure I can be around later in the evening after the kids are knocked out--around 11 ET.

I'd LOVE to have a few more guys join up, but I still only see friends leaderboard times from you, Web, and my brother, so I know not a lot of guys are running it. Didn't want to duplicate the thread and listen to the crickets again :lol:
Ah, hell, just keep it in this thread. Those of us who have the game will notice when the thread's been updated. If people wanna miss out on a fun little game, that's their loss... :D

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

I saw my store had this in stock when I worked last night, I may pick it up when I go in today.
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

i put my 360 away in storage a few months ago when I got the ps3. I am thinking of digging it out and buying this. How does it compare to the ps2 version from 2002?

Nozzleman_216
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Nozzleman_216 »

2 people I know and myself purchased this today :) I am in for some action sometime!
XBL: Nozzleman 216
PSN: Nozzleman_216

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

fletcher21 wrote:i put my 360 away in storage a few months ago when I got the ps3. I am thinking of digging it out and buying this. How does it compare to the ps2 version from 2002?
It pretty much IS the ps2 version from 2002...but with better graphics.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Teal wrote:
fletcher21 wrote:i put my 360 away in storage a few months ago when I got the ps3. I am thinking of digging it out and buying this. How does it compare to the ps2 version from 2002?
PS2 version is still better, IMO. Better damage, repairs, better framerate stability, better AI, etc.

I popped the old one in after getting the new one and the old one still wins.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

webdanzer wrote:
Teal wrote:
PS2 version is still better, IMO. Better damage, repairs, better framerate stability, better AI, etc.

I popped the old one in after getting the new one and the old one still wins.
I agree with Web for the reasons he noted. The career mode in the PS2 version was much better because you had limited resources and had to choose what races to run and the damage really mattered because you had to pay to get it fixed (or choose not to and race a somewhat damaged car).

The 360 version is a steal for the price though. The PS2 verson to me is a classic. The 360 version is good but not in the same class.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yep--Career Mode is much more limited. No damage no matter how hard you hit something, and the Career Mode was cooler having a calendar with week by week info instead of random events.

But online, it's ridiculously good--since the handling model is so similar, it's basically like having WoO online.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Found the original WoO for PC tonight. WoO-hoo -- time to get dirty! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

It's 3 a.m., and I'm prying myself away from my laptop after racing in a new career for four hours.

That, my boys, is the power of WoO. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Now you've made me start digging for my old PC copy. I wonder if it will work with Windows 7.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

DChaps wrote:Now you've made me start digging for my old PC copy. I wonder if it will work with Windows 7.
Don:

Let me know if you can't find it. I found a DTR 2 league site last night that had an .ISO of WoO for the PC among its Miscellaneous Files downloads. I snapped it up immediately.

I'm running XP, so I'm unsure of the game's W7 compatibility.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I'd say WoO has a 99.99 percent chance of working in Windows 7. Hell Grand Prix 3 works in Windows 7. :)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I have been playing the piss out of the Ratbag games since I discovered a site that has ISO files of every Ratbag game:

http://www.ifrt-dirtracing.com/DTR%20Stuff.html?

Upon further review, I find Dirt Track Racing: Sprint Cars to be a far superior game on the PC than WoO. DTRSC has better racing AI, better control, more realistic damage and is skinnable with tons of different chassis available. WoO looks better, but that's about it.

DTR 2 and DTRSC are the pinnacle of Ratbag's games.

If anyone wants to play some DTR 2 or DTRSC online on the PC, holler! I'll be happy to host some IP racing. :) :) :)