MLB 2k10

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

MLB 2k10

Post by Gangrel »

Info finally starting to trickle out.......

Couldn't find a thread, so started this one. If i missed it, just combine them or something....

IGN hands on....

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1060843p1.html

"Feature list" (i use quotes because it's 1/100th the size of the one for the Show)

http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2976903
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Thanks Gangrel!

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

The preview seems a bit.... slim.... and the features list is even slimmer.

I hope 2k hits hard with some info in the next while, else i am giong to wait a long while to buy this one after being burned the past few years.....

TheGamer2
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by TheGamer2 »

I like the 40 man rosters in spring training. I wonder if the 40man will be there on Sept 1 call up.
XBL Gamertag: BHoward
PSN Id: BHoward1

http://community.2ksports.com/community/user/blogs.cfm?blogid=1010465

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

totally agree with the opening statement in the article:

"Since MVP Baseball 2005, every game based on the sport has been a disappointment for me. Simply put, nothing has been as fun as what EA Sports was able to produce before 2K Sports snatched up the Major League Baseball license"

The 2K baseball series has been staler than the twinkies at the
corner Quik Stop. It's amazing that 2K can't put something fresh and new into this game. Seems like they got lazy since there is no other competition for virtual hardball.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

this sounds horrible....

"Batter's Eye works in conjunction with inside edge – which has been beefed up to show stats like batting average during day and night games and pre- and post-all-star break – to give proficient hitters a bit of an advantage at the plate. Just as in real life, standout hitters in MLB 2K10 can see certain pitches coming as the ball is released from the pitcher's hand. You'll get a quick text pop-up that says "fastball," "breaking ball" or "changeup" depending on the pitch and the hitter. 2K Sports is hoping that this will help to create more authentic pitcher vs. batter confrontations where players will have to work the count and use a new swing type in order to stay alive at the plate."

the color coded baseball system MVP had was perfect for guessing pitches. Having the text "FASTBALL" pop up on the screen sounds hokey.

In reading the preview the only thing that got my interest was the "hurry up baseball" feature sounds cool. But apart from that......sounds like they did nothing to tweak the gameplay. The only major change seems like the My Player stuff. Pretty disappointing. Bring back MVP!!!!!

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Well, I posted on the 2k site and they say "more is coming" in their blogs they post about new features. That the list was just "back of the box"........

So, we'll see.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Intriguing.......

"As far as other modes are concerned, Visual Concepts has added 40-man spring-training rosters to MLB 2K10's Franchise option. That number then dwindles to 25 before it expands again in September for call-ups. In addition, if a player leaves your team at the end of the season, you'll receive compensation picks, so if you lose a top-tier player, there's a good chance you'll get a first-round draft pick and a sandwich pick. But if you lose an average player, then you'll receive a less-attractive package. At any point during the season, you can invite another human player to participate in a Franchise game. You can even participate in Single-, Double-, or Triple-A games to keep an eye on prospects, as well as rehab games for your players that have been sent back down to recoup from an injury."

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/ ... ws;title;2

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Gangrel wrote:Intriguing.......

"As far as other modes are concerned, Visual Concepts has added 40-man spring-training rosters to MLB 2K10's Franchise option. That number then dwindles to 25 before it expands again in September for call-ups. In addition, if a player leaves your team at the end of the season, you'll receive compensation picks, so if you lose a top-tier player, there's a good chance you'll get a first-round draft pick and a sandwich pick. But if you lose an average player, then you'll receive a less-attractive package. At any point during the season, you can invite another human player to participate in a Franchise game. You can even participate in Single-, Double-, or Triple-A games to keep an eye on prospects, as well as rehab games for your players that have been sent back down to recoup from an injury."

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/ ... ws;title;2
If the game play holds up, I will be a happy camper. I actually liked last years game play so I am sure it will improve.

Inviting friends to play games in franchise will be really cool.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Art Direction,.. great read.

http://community.2ksports.com/community/insights/

Looks like they really did a graphics overhaul this year, stadiums are beautiful!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

MizzouRah wrote:Looks like they really did a graphics overhaul this year, stadiums are beautiful!
If only they had Gameplay direction and Gameplay overhaul. It sure does look purty tho.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:Looks like they really did a graphics overhaul this year, stadiums are beautiful!
If only they had Gameplay direction and Gameplay overhaul. It sure does look purty tho.
True db... so true.

I can only hope they really worked equally hard on gameplay. :lol:

I read over at OS working score boards are in and in stadiums like Boston, the score board updates each inning.

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

MizzouRah wrote:Art Direction,.. great read.

Looks like they really did a graphics overhaul this year, stadiums are beautiful!
My wife's office overlooks Target Field. 2K did great job with it Overall the fields look good.
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The game looks great and on par with The Show but these are just screen shots. The audio should be equally solid just based from last year.

As db said my only concern is the gameplay as that is what killed last years game. Although it did look nice on the PC.

If Amazon has there $10 coupon for MLB2K10 (PC) like they did last year then i'll bite again. It was worth $10 for me.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

From the art insight they mention about new fielding animations and mumbo jumbo that I *think* if you read between the lines means no more balls flying over fielders heads, etc like last year. I sure hope so.

Also, as a (suffering) Nationals fan, i'm glad they decided not to pick on the team this year and leave the ballpark as, oh, i dunno, it actually is and not put a huge green monster in left field???

I'd like to say they gained some respect for that, but if you count the loss of respect last year, it just means they are back at even. ;)

Also breaking up double plays is back in.... yay.

I can only hope they improved the base stealing. It was tied into the pitch speed last year, so if you cranked up the pitch speed for batting, the base stealer still went the same speed, so i could never steal a bag last year. On default, the pitch speeds were toooooo slow......

I just hope this year I don't have to make any more decisions like that.... "well, i either get this or that, but i can't have both!"

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

At least it looks like the players size are relative to the spacious outfield of the ball parks - although that could change when playing from a different view.

This is a make or break year for MLB 2k10, of course we all know that.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

MizzouRah wrote:
This is a make or break year for MLB 2k10, of course we all know that.
Why is this year different from any other?

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

the pictures of the stadiums/fields which someone posted are insane.

literally believed these were actual pictures of the stadium and not a videogame. Literally

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

JackB1 wrote:
Why is this year different from any other?
Look where 2k's NHL series is headed.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

vinny-b wrote:the pictures of the stadiums/fields which someone posted are insane.

literally believed these were actual pictures of the stadium and not a videogame. Literally
I know.. I thought the same thing!

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

not important: I like the large old skool Twins logo they included in the outfield of the new stadium. It reminds me of the Topps baseball sticker album, my friends and i used to collect. It was the logo at the time

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

There's a guy on OS doing a QA. I guess he got to play the game yesterday or whenever.

On the 2k site, ronnie is "correcting some misinformation" over the QA.

however, one glaring thing jumps out at me.......

There appears to be no check swings.

It was mentioned in the QA, this ronnie guy said "i will let the devs answer this. I can't figure out how to do it, but it doesn't mean it isn't there"

I am betting it was removed........ but will hold out hope and see if it's not just something complicated they couldn't figure out.

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

I hope they fixed the hitch in the AI fielders motion. It just looked so unnatural watching the outfielders catch a fly ball.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I thought the Q&A with Chase over at OS had some great things in it.. yes it appears no check swings, but that's not a game killer for me - although a bit disappointing.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

MizzouRah wrote:I thought the Q&A with Chase over at OS had some great things in it.. yes it appears no check swings, but that's not a game killer for me - although a bit disappointing.
It may not be a game killer for you or others but it goes to show the state of the series. The Show can almost do no wrong and keeps adding things to their game to make it better and MLB2K can't get check swings in their game...sheesh :roll:

I may still buy the game like I did last year for the PC if it's only $20. If not it's The Show again.