MLB 2k10

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Oh I forgot to mention, the AI definitely doesn't swing at everything. I've caught the AI batters taking pitches in the strike zone, including taking three pitches in the zone for a SO. 8)

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Looking forward to playing the PC version when I get back from communist LA.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

fsquid wrote:Looking forward to playing the PC version when I get back from communist LA.
If we let you out.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I'm trying to figure out how setup a 2 team playoff online. All the league/tournament options are for 4 teams. Would love to just do a "world series" between me & a xbl friend. We were somehow able to do it last year in some workaround-way.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Nozzleman_216
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Nozzleman_216 »

I got to play one game and it took forever.................then again it was 0-0 after TEN innings with both pitchers going 9 :)

I ended up getting beat 3-1 in 13 innings vs the Pirates ( I was Cincy)

Had a blast!! I couldn't hit for s*** as I can't decided on a batters view I like.

I also started a My Player Career just to see how it was. I think I am going to like it a lot as it was very similar to RTS.

So far, 60 bux I have no regrets about!! :) Bring on spring :)
XBL: Nozzleman 216
PSN: Nozzleman_216

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I am totally loving this years game. If any of you want to do an online match let me know. Still haven't opened The Show although I know I will. Still undecided if i'll pickup the PC version after buying the 360 version.

At least 2K will support the consoles more than the PC side. Last year they just did one patch and it was sayonara see you next year. So that makes me leary of spending $30 again.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

There IS a pitch speed slider. It's under the Human lists, but affects both sides I beleive, or at the very least when you're batting, which is the point after all.

No sliders for fielders arm strengths, though i read yesterday on OS that 2k is "aware" of it.... so maybe it can be fixed with rosters or in the first patch.

I definately like it better then last year's already..... though i'm skeptical and still waiting for some major bug to come up!
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Honestly 2K10 is worthy of a purchase this year, no question. So you start to play the game and think damn this is nice. Then you pop in the Show and immediately you think how awesome that game is.

Bottom line is, if you have the money buy both games. :)

bulls23
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by bulls23 »

Finally I got a 2k baseball game to play all season! It is even able to top the Show at some things:

1. User adjustable camera views
2. My player Mode (unless you're playing as a catcher)
3. MLB Today dynamic matchup, stats and commentary.

In addition, I'm really digging the batter-pitcher gameplay. That's what most important in a baseball game. CPU hitters will take pitches, foul em off, scrubs play differently than superstars. I know this is what's supposed to happen but 2k has messed up the basics for years.

Most of the problems with game can be fixed with sliders:
1. Fielder arms too strong (reduced fielder speed to 35 or less, this also improves hit variety)

2. Default pitch speed a little slow (increase pitch speed slider)

Not enjoying the jaggies:(

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Got my Gamefly copy today!!!

Played one full game on ALLSTAR default and really enjoyed it. Both sides had about 8-9 hits. The "fast play" option is nice, but it feels a bit too rushed. Hitting is a lot of fun and rewarding when you time it right and send the ball into the gaps. The "window" for making contact is small and it's easy to either swing too early or too late. The bat swings through the zone VERY quickly, which makes it tough to time the pitch, but I like that as it makes hitting challenging. Pitching is challenging too and gets harder as you go deeper into the game and when there are men on base.
Not so easy to pinpoint pitches anymore IMO. The AI pitching mixes it up pretty well. I actually drew 2 walks and also walked a few myself. I switched the pitching view to the one that looks like its from CF and it makes the plate a little smaller, but makes pitching more challenging, which is a good thing. I left the hitting camera on default. The #1 camera is easier, but that's why I'm not using it.

So far I have to say the game is a lot of fun and a great option for 360 only owners.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I'm having a freakin blast with this game. The good outweighs the bad. Two damn good BB games this year, finally. 8)

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:I'm having a freakin blast with this game. The good outweighs the bad. Two damn good BB games this year, finally. 8)
Day 1 bro...day one bro. Relax.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Are most of you sticking with the default batting view?

Another thing I noticed, if you have the strike zone turned off (which helps me see the ball better) then the hitter's eye thing that someimtes gives the pitch and location won't show up.

Same as for K Zone when you're pitching.........
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Rodster wrote:I'm having a freakin blast with this game. The good outweighs the bad. Two damn good BB games this year, finally. 8)
Day 1 bro...day one bro. Relax.
Yeah Rodster, don't like that game yet dude! Wait til DB gives you the 'ok'. :)

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

greggsand wrote: Yeah Rodster, don't like that game yet dude! Wait til DB gives you the 'ok'.
You're right I now hate the game. I'll wait for the green light. :)

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

One thing bothering me at this point is that there are too many low scoring games. I guess it is time to mess with the sliders....

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Gangrel wrote:Are most of you sticking with the default batting view?

Another thing I noticed, if you have the strike zone turned off (which helps me see the ball better) then the hitter's eye thing that someimtes gives the pitch and location won't show up.

Same as for K Zone when you're pitching.........
I am sticking with the default batting view because I tried "batter 1" and it made timing the pitch too easy. The default view seems to make it more challenging to hit, which I like.

I did however change the pitcing view to #2 I think, which seems like a center field view. It makes the plate a little smaller and makes pinpointing pitches tougher, so I like it better for that reason.

I have to say, I am also having a blast with this game. It brings back memories of when I 1st played MVP. Same type of feeling. Hitting is all about waiting for a good pitch to hit and working the count. I LOVE how you can draw walks this year and also actually GIVE UP WALKS while pitching! Once the community on OS come up with some good tweaks to the sliders or some roster edits, this game should be even better.

Most people say lowering the fielder speed will help yield more extra base hits. I would try somewhere around 30-40. If pitching is too easy, raise the pitch meter speed. If hitting is too easy, raise the pitching speed.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I'm going to try that pitching view Jack. Pitching has now gotten too easy for me. I've turned of Hotzone and the Strike Zone boxes and it's still easy.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Demo finally hits PSN today......finally. :D

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Rodster wrote:I'm going to try that pitching view Jack. Pitching has now gotten too easy for me. I've turned of Hotzone and the Strike Zone boxes and it's still easy.
Really? You must be really good with the sticks. Raise the meter speed and also edit the fatigue slider so that it gets tougher earlier in the game.
It should be harder to pitch once you get over 70 pitches.

Anyone else notice that pitches have too much movement? A 2-seam fastball looks like it breaks more than half the width of the plate. A 12-6 curveball drops 3 feet. I think there is a slider for pitch movement influence and if so, that really needs to be lowered.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

JackB1 wrote: Really? You must be really good with the sticks. Raise the meter speed and also edit the fatigue slider so that it gets tougher earlier in the game.
Do you have some setting numbers you're using? If so i'll try them and let you know.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Rodster wrote:
JackB1 wrote: Really? You must be really good with the sticks. Raise the meter speed and also edit the fatigue slider so that it gets tougher earlier in the game.
Do you have some setting numbers you're using? If so i'll try them and let you know.
I am still playing on ALLSTAR default. I was just making suggestions for you....

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

Played a couple games tonight. Nothing revolutionary but it does play a fun game of baseball. I could not for the life of me get an online game going though. It kept freezing on the team selection screen. If I can't get the online mode to work I'm going to be seriously disappointed cause I only really enjoy playing against humans (I don't mind the CPU but beating a human just FEELS better:) ). MLB2K7 seemed to have this down but every iteration since has been terrible online.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Anyone tried the "My Player" mode yet? It's kind of fun so far. I tried it as a shortstop. One of the goals was "get ahead in the count". How do you do that if the pitcher throws strikes? Kind of weird. Otherwise its a fun pick up and play mode when you don't want to play a full game.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

JackB1 wrote:Anyone tried the "My Player" mode yet? It's kind of fun so far. I tried it as a shortstop. One of the goals was "get ahead in the count". How do you do that if the pitcher throws strikes? Kind of weird. Otherwise its a fun pick up and play mode when you don't want to play a full game.
I started one as a Pitcher. Pretty cool. Despite choosing being a "Starter", my 1st game they threw me in to close the game with a 1 run lead. I blew it!! Been starting ever since. Played more of it than I thought it would.

The only two issues I wish they would fix immediately: 1. more errors (barely seen ANY & seems to be no slider) 2. Infield arms are lasers & crazy accurate.