DSP Forza 3 Racing League: Season 1

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

macsomjrr wrote:WPatrick's car (from link above). Looking very sharp:)

We now officially have 7 drivers. If Terry joins (which I hope he does so he can battle Sim for first place :D ) then that'll be 8 and a full field for online races. If additional drivers want in then we'll have two leagues and a promotion/relegation system.
VERY nice Bentley Speed 8 motif, I must say! :)

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

On vacation for a full week after Christmas, so I'm a definite no-go.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

TCrouch wrote:On vacation for a full week after Christmas, so I'm a definite no-go.
thanks for the heads up. Have fun:)

WPatrick
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by WPatrick »

pk500 wrote:
macsomjrr wrote:WPatrick's car (from link above). Looking very sharp:)

We now officially have 7 drivers. If Terry joins (which I hope he does so he can battle Sim for first place :D ) then that'll be 8 and a full field for online races. If additional drivers want in then we'll have two leagues and a promotion/relegation system.
VERY nice Bentley Speed 8 motif, I must say! :)

Take care,
PK
Thanks for posting the picmacsomjrr.

Paul I can't take credit for the paint job I bought it through the design auction. This one cost me about 1000 credits. There is a flood of great painters in this game. I am spending a ton of time buying cool replicas. My favorite acquisition is my Gulf Oil Ford Gt.
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/game/g ... id=3217764

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

WPatrick wrote:Paul I can't take credit for the paint job I bought it through the design auction. This one cost me about 1000 credits. There is a flood of great painters in this game. I am spending a ton of time buying cool replicas. My favorite acquisition is my Gulf Oil Ford Gt.
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/game/g ... id=3217764
I am an idiot when it comes to this game. I can't figure out the painting, or how to buy these designs and replicas. Intuitive is one thing Forza 3 is not. I just stumbled upon the actual Time Trial section.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

Don, I think you buy designs from the Storefront, under the heading Buy Designs or something like that. I only found the Time Trials because the Eurogamer review steered me in the general direction of them, and looking at the relatively low number of players recording lap times I suspect there are a great many others who don't know where they are. If the game had a proper manual this wouldn't be an issue...

I can barely help at all with the painting, though. My Gulf homage is made up almost entirely of squares pasted over a light blue base colour, and that's about all I can manage.
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim

WPatrick
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by WPatrick »

DChaps, choose the car you want then go to the store front, in the search box select the make and model then look at and purchase thousands of cool paint jobs.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

So I'm thinking that the current field of 7 drivers is a nice starting point for Season 1. The track selection for the first race is...

Race #1. Fujimi Kaido - Full Circuit - One Lap.
A surprising first stop, the DSP Season 1 tour will first roll into the picturesque, twisting, turning Fujimi Kaido circuit located in Fujimi, Japan. Primarily a drifter's course the first race of the season should prove to be a true test of driving skill right off the bat. Fujimi Kaido favors soft suspension with heavy downforce, two things that the DSP MINIs do not possess. Most of the driver's have never ran this race before with such slow cars so we're looking forward to seeing how it all turns out. If everything pans out as the race promoters have hoped the race should remain nice and tight till the finish.

I need availability times for everyone for Monday (12/21) thru Sunday (12/27). Please post in this thread when you're available to race (e.g. Monday after 7pm, Tues after 6pm, etc...). I'd like to have everyone's times in by this Sunday (12/20). I'll select times when we all are free and then we'll all vote for the final race time. Highest number wins and that determines the race time. Remember, if you miss a race you are automatically DQ'd for the entire season.

I'd like to ask for everyone's patience as this things get underway. Things might move kinda slowly here over the next few days but hopefully everyone will get on the bus and get their times and cars in the thread. First post will be updated sometime this week with official rules including point awards and all that jazz. The points leader after Race #4 will get to select the final race track for Race #5 - the final race.

Can't wait to get started. Thanks!

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

Hey I could do this. I'll be out of town December 25 - Jan 2, but if we can do the first race before Dec 25 (I'm available any time except Dec 18 and after christmas) I could do it. Let me know.

Generally after 9pm Eastern time for me.

jondiehl
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jondiehl »

macsomjrr wrote:
I need availability times for everyone for Monday (12/21) thru Sunday (12/27). Please post in this thread when you're available to race (e.g. Monday after 7pm, Tues after 6pm, etc...). I'd like to have everyone's times in by this Sunday (12/20). I'll select times when we all are free and then we'll all vote for the final race time. Highest number wins and that determines the race time. Remember, if you miss a race you are automatically DQ'd for the entire season.
Mon-Wed: evenings after 9pm ET
Xmas eve: not available
Xmas day/night: not available
Sat 12/26: hit or miss, hard to say right now, but likely available all day
Sun 12/27: afternoon or evening is fine, prefer evening after Sunday Ticket is finished!
XBoxJon
[url=http://live.xbox.com/member/XBoxJon]Gamer Profile[/url]
[url=http://live.xbox.com/en-us/profile/MessageCenter/SendMessage.aspx?gt=XBoxJon]Send me a XBL message[/url]

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Any days except Xxas eve or Xmas.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

-Monday night after 9pm EST for sure
-Tuesday night after 9pm EST probable
-Weds-Saturday night - OUT
-Sunday night after 10pm - probable

Yes, I am a last minute travel planner.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

James_E wrote:Hey I could do this. I'll be out of town December 25 - Jan 2, but if we can do the first race before Dec 25 (I'm available any time except Dec 18 and after christmas) I could do it. Let me know.

Generally after 9pm Eastern time for me.
James_E if you can get your car ready ASAP I'll get you in for the first race. If the second race occurs while you're gone then you'll be DQ'd but it may not. Sound good? I'll add you tonight.

@ Everyone
4/8 drivers reporting. Still need 4 more to finalize the time vote.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

Not Thursday, not Friday, not Saturday. Any other day. Being in England as I am, I don't really care what time of night you go for.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I'm confused...in the initial post you made it sound like if you were going on vacation anytime soon, don't bother.

I'm gone for pretty much the exact same days as James--but that's ok?

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

TCrouch wrote:I'm confused...in the initial post you made it sound like if you were going on vacation anytime soon, don't bother.

Terry, don't take it personally. I know I don't. Mac's trying a little bit different system for this league than you or I are used to, so I say let 'em give it a try, and if we want to join in for Season 2 once we see how this set of rules works out, we can try to get in if others can't continue.

The real problem is Forza only allows 8 cars on track.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

It's not a personal thing--I just said I couldn't join because I was going on vacation the week after Christmas.

But James said pretty much the same thing and it was ok...I didn't really ask, I just assumed it wasn't. So if it IS ok, then I can race. That's all. I was just confused as to whether or not it was even allowed, but it appears that it is.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

Terry, if you're not able to get into this I'll have to try and catch you online sometime, since I can barely recall the last time we raced (same goes for you too, Zep). Whatever impression Mac eventually left you with, he seemed awfully keen to have you early in the thread so maybe something can be done.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yeah, I originally didn't reply because I saw what seemed to be pretty strict rules. Then I saw he was waiting for my response, so I just mentioned why I wasn't in.

I want to race, but I don't want to hold the whole group up. I also don't want a DQ (still trying to figure out my Madden league game, as I've never had a sim in any league and don't want to start now).

And yes...it's been far too long since I saw you flying by in my windshield on your way to checking out.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

If I'm honest, I might be up a creek too if we race between Christmas and new year, because every day from the 25th through the 28th is either a public holiday or as good as one here and it hadn't really entered my head that regular forum activity might continue in that time. While I understand completely the reasons for the strict DQ rule, I'd be appealing very loudly for clemency if I got kicked in the week between Christmas and new year.

Fujimi Kaido is an interesting choice of track. I should probably take a moment to find out which way it goes.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

TCrouch wrote:I'm confused...in the initial post you made it sound like if you were going on vacation anytime soon, don't bother.

Oops :( If I'm being honest I was running out the door this morning to head into work and didn't have a chance to check the days and figure all that out. Obviously (I'm hope its obvious) I want both Terry and Zeppo in this so what I'm thinking might be a good idea is just to have a scheduled Preseason race and then continue on with the league after the New Year. I think it is fair to say that those of us who have the game are probably going to be holding onto it for a while and there certainly is no rush to get things started.

No hard feelings I hope!

OK now I've got to run out the door yet again for a dinner. Stupid holiday cheer and all that :) Bah humbug!!!!

jondiehl
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jondiehl »

Here's mine, like I said, nothing fancy.

I went with green/white since there were alot of other cars with blue on them.

XBoxJon
[url=http://live.xbox.com/member/XBoxJon]Gamer Profile[/url]
[url=http://live.xbox.com/en-us/profile/MessageCenter/SendMessage.aspx?gt=XBoxJon]Send me a XBL message[/url]

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

That is an awesome paint job jon. Very smooooth:)

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Sorry it took so long. I finally got around to taking some pictures of the #66 Sunoco Special.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

She's a truly beautiful bit of kit, Don.