DSP Madden Online Franchise Season 2 thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Texans and Johnson firm on deal

Despite rumors Andre Johnson would become a free agent in the off season, the Texans have inked the all Pro wide out to a new 3 year deal. Texan front office personnel were excited to have the wide out back in the fold.

However the Texans will need to make a few decisions. Veterans Antonio Smith (LE), Randy Thomas (RG) and Jacques Reeves (CB) were unable to work out new deals with Houston.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Ram's unable to come to terms with Smith

Despite extensive and very public contact talks Jason Smith may not be in a Ram's uniform next year. Smith's agent tells ESPN that the Ram's aren't serious about winning and that Smith wants out.

"It's not about the money for Jason, he wants to be on a team with an arrow pointing up". Those are strong words considering the Ram's can tag Smith.

Smith isn't the only Ram player looking or the exit. The following 4 players join him in looking for greener pastures.

Butler, James SS
Adeyanju, Vic LE
Foster, Brooks WR
Ogbonnaya, C HB
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Holy crap Pitt is getting RAPED!!!!! :lol:

They won't miss Ben anyway--any QB can run that passing offense, as long as the running game continues to dominate.

And Danimal--very very nice work. I love this :)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Browns and 49ers aren't hit hard

In what is turning out to be a night mare day for some teams, the Browns and 49ers got off relatively easy. Shawn Murphy (RG) is the most notable Cleveland player testing the market. Steve Heiden (TE0 and Hank Poteat (CB) have also sent in their papers.

San Francisco however isn't losing quantity but quality. Middle linebacker Takeo Spikes has filled his papers. While everyone else is staying put in the bay area, fans are left scratching their heads on how the front office could not get a deal done with arguably their best defensive player.
Follow Me on:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Danimal wrote:Ram's unable to come to terms with Smith

Despite extensive and very public contact talks Jason Smith may not be in a Ram's uniform next year. Smith's agent tells ESPN that the Ram's aren't serious about winning and that Smith wants out.

"It's not about the money for Jason, he wants to be on a team with an arrow pointing up". Those are strong words considering the Ram's can tag Smith.

Smith isn't the only Ram player looking or the exit. The following 4 players join him in looking for greener pastures.

Butler, James SS
Adeyanju, Vic LE
Foster, Brooks WR
Ogbonnaya, C HB
Well Jason will have to live it. Hes getting tagged.

The rest of em can blow me.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Bears are on hold until after they are done, same for Raiders.

Cowboys are not being done until Badgun commits to next season.

EDIT: Just noticed G7 dropped.

Other teams we're posted previously and I will post all of these in a large list once we have a new forum.

NOTE: If you're leaving the league it is best you boot up madden and drop out on your own. I would hate to kick someone and find out when 11 drops that that bug still exists and I can't bring you back.
Follow Me on:

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

I'm in next year. Do I need a password to rejoin again?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Jared wrote:I'm in next year. Do I need a password to rejoin again?
I don't recall what the password is but I am going to change it anyway.
Follow Me on:

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Danimal wrote:Texans and Johnson firm on deal

Despite rumors Andre Johnson would become a free agent in the off season, the Texans have inked the all Pro wide out to a new 3 year deal. Texan front office personnel were excited to have the wide out back in the fold.

However the Texans will need to make a few decisions. Veterans Antonio Smith (LE), Randy Thomas (RG) and Jacques Reeves (CB) were unable to work out new deals with Houston.
The Texans are very glad to have their Johnson situation straightened out.

corgy99
Mario Mendoza

Post by corgy99 »

I am in for the next season.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

The Steelers are using the transition tag for Heath Miller and the franchise tag for Ben Roethlisberger.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Bears and Cowboys whats the status on your game? i didn't put a deadline because I didn't think I had to.

Please get it done soon.
Follow Me on:

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Danimal wrote:Bears and Cowboys whats the status on your game? i didn't put a deadline because I didn't think I had to.

Please get it done soon.
Tomorrow night. I like to let the anticipation build.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

RobVarak wrote:
Danimal wrote:Bears and Cowboys whats the status on your game? i didn't put a deadline because I didn't think I had to.

Please get it done soon.
Tomorrow night. I like to let the anticipation build.
LOL!
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Awards presentation is cancelled. I got such an astonishingly low number of PM's with votes that there's really no point, considering we're into the Super Bowl week tonight hopefully.

Thanks to the guys who DID vote, though. Kind of a pisser.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Just an FYI after listening to several of you I think we'll go back to a hard set time for sims, twice a week. I'll announce more when we get the new season rolling. This season took so long because we have a few owners that always play their games on the last day possible, as late as possible.

By having set times we can just sim regardless.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

vader29 wrote:The Steelers are using the transition tag for Heath Miller and the franchise tag for Ben Roethlisberger.
No need to do this yet. There is going to be a slight rule change in FA, and I didn't have a chance to post it before you did this.

I might as well post it below now.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I am making 2 (well 3 if you count my typo) slight tweaks to the FA rules. I was not going to post these until we had a new forum, but since a few people announced their tags I want to get these out now so no one thinks I am changing rules to screw them.

More then likely this will be our last season because Madden 11 might be out depending on how fast we get this done. With that in mind I am making 2 switches to the Tag rules.

Transition Tag - If you transition tag a player it cost you 5 of your FA points. I also had a typo in the original rule as this tag was meant for 25 year old's only.

Franchise Tag - If you Franchise Tag a player and no one bids on him he will cost you 5 FA points to retain.

I will post full updated rules in their own thread after we get a new forum.

Thanks
Follow Me on:

Nozzleman_216
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Nozzleman_216 »

I am in! I am guilty of playing my games late. Just have a lot on my plate with going back to school, work and just life!

I have a blast regardless and wouldn't miss another year!
XBL: Nozzleman 216
PSN: Nozzleman_216

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Cowboys 34 - Bears 26

The Bears scored on nearly every possession in the game, failing only at a late 4th down conversion and the Cutler pick-6 before half that cost them the game. The Cowboys managed to turn back the clock and get to the Super Bowl with a QB attempting 12 passes for 90 yards because the Bears just couldn't stop the Cowboy rushing attack despite committing every possible resource in the attempt. The Cowboys trailed the entire first half, but scored 14 points in 18 seconds before the interval on that INT and a kickoff return. The Bears kept fighting, but couldn't make up that slim margin.

Great game, Badgun. Give Terry hell in the Super Bowl.

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

Actually, it was 21 points in about 35 seconds. Rob's up 17-7 and I punch it in with Marion Barber with around 29 seconds to go in the half. I squib kick it to keep it away from Hester and the up guy runs it back to midfield or so. Rob throws one pass down to around my 25 and calls timeout with 10 seconds in the half. The next play he underthrows his receiver and Terrence Newman picks it off and takes it to the house as time runs out in the half so now I am up 21-17.

Opening kickoff of the 2nd half...I have a speed guy I drafted last name is Ray and I don't even know his first name. Takes the kickoff back 100 yards for a TD so I go from being down 17-7 to being up 28-17 in 35-40 seconds.

I think Rob was shellshocked, but just like in our first meeting when I had him down big, he would mount a comeback. We exchanged field goals and then he scored a TD with around 9 minutes to go in the game but failed on the two point conversion to make it 31-26.

I would drive down and get another field goal to make it 34-26 but Rob was still only one score down, but a huge sack would put him in a hole he couldn't get out of and he would turn it over on downs.

In both games, Rob outgained and outplayed me. He was just the victim of a few key turnovers and some big plays.

I told him that I thought he would give Terry a better game than I would because he does have a very good offensive scheme going and he can run or pass successfully, something I can't do.

Oh, btw the Vegas oddsmakers have installed the Raiders as an early 24 point favorite in the Super Bowl. :lol:

Terry, I doubt I can play until Sunday at the earliest. I have to work long days the next two days and I will be getting home tired and late so Sunday morning would work best for me or even Sunday afternoon or night. If Sunday is no good, then I can play Monday evening as well.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Badgun wrote:
In both games, Rob outgained and outplayed me. He was just the victim of a few key turnovers and some big plays.
More yards, but I didn't out play you. You ran over, under and through my defense.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Congrats on winning the NFC, Badgun! I can play any time on Sunday other than early morning (West Coaster here).

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

What time is good on Sunday, Badgun?