DSP Madden Online Franchise Season 2 thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Wow, Brando. Impressive win!

Danimal, I hung out until about 10:40CT and then went and watched a TV show that I promised the wife I'd watch when it was getting much later than anticipated--came back about 12:00CT and never saw you online at any point.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

GameSeven wrote:
Zeppo wrote:if would help me, actually, as I'd love to play it Sunday and start at 10am or up to Noon, but I don't know if that would work at all for G7.
I am online now, if you want to play tonight, look for me on Live. I can try to make Sunday available, but weekends are always unpredictable for me.
I'm sorry, G7. Having not heard from you, I got involved in some other, non-videogame related activities and I'm just noticing this now.

I hope we can find a time to play this game. I most likely won't be at my 360 again until Saturday AM at this point, although I may be around Friday night. Sunday AM is open for me as well.

tmdba37
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by tmdba37 »

Brando70 wrote:Great game, Todd, and kind of an unbelievable win considering how much you outgained me. Those shoestring tackles on Johnson's bigger runs were the difference in the the game :D
Brando,

Definitely. I think between those and your two perfect Defensive calls in the redzone, you certainly won the chess match this time out. I can remember three or four times when I thought for sure Johnson was going to go all the way--except for the ankle tackle of a Texan DB. . .

Great win and best of luck in your game next week. . .I'm sure 9-7 is going to look real nice for the Texans fans. :)

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Zeppo wrote:I'm sorry, G7. Having not heard from you, I got involved in some other, non-videogame related activities and I'm just noticing this now.

I hope we can find a time to play this game. I most likely won't be at my 360 again until Saturday AM at this point, although I may be around Friday night. Sunday AM is open for me as well.
No worries. As I mentioned earlier, the whole family (sans myself) has come down with a dogged stomach bug, so it's been a draining and unpredictable experience. I hadn't even seen your post until just before 10 and figured I'd give it a shot. Will try to hook up for our game later in the week.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

TCrouch wrote: Danimal, I hung out until about 10:40CT and then went and watched a TV show that I promised the wife I'd watch when it was getting much later than anticipated--came back about 12:00CT and never saw you online at any point.
Sorry not usual I will miss a set up game. I've had a sinus infection going on 4 weeks now, I got a head ache, laid down about 9pm and told my wife to wake me up in an hour to play. She decided not to wake me up, so I didn't wake up til about 3:30am.

There is a chance I will be on tonight around 11pm CT or so, depends on what is going on. If not Saturday am is my best shot to play. I really don't want to not play this game but this is a very busy week for me and last night was my best shot and I slept through it.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Brando70 wrote:Those shoestring tackles on Johnson's bigger runs were the difference in the the game :D
You do have those down to a science....Very nice win. Gives me hope. That you can change your destiny. That one day Ill get one of those upsets that always seem to slip away at the end.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

XXXIV wrote:
Brando70 wrote:Those shoestring tackles on Johnson's bigger runs were the difference in the the game :D
You do have those down to a science....Very nice win. Gives me hope. That you can change your destiny. That one day Ill get one of those upsets that always seem to slip away at the end.
There were probably 4-5 runs last night where I thought, "There's a touchdown," but one of my defenders made a score-saving tackle to make it a 10-15 yard run instead of a 60-70 yard run. In fact, it was my encounters with Chris Johnson in season one that made me heavily invest in defensive speed this year :D

Now I get to move from that rushing threat to facing Vader's two-headed rushing monster and Santonio Holme's 2000 return yards.

TheGamer2
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by TheGamer2 »

Panthers destroy Saints

Panthers had their highest scoring output, crushing the Saints 70-31. Jonathon Stewart continued his scoring frenzy with 4 more TDs, 3 rushing and one receiving. Backup QB Josh McCown threw for five touchdowns for his highest scoring output in relief of Jake Delhomme. TE G. Barnridge caught 4 TD passes and had 238 yards receiving. The Panthers defense picked off Drew Brees 4 times including returns of 95 and 44 yards each.

When asked about his outside MVP chances, Stewart said, "Well I just hope to help the team win, when DeAngelo comes back, I'll concentrate on returning kicks, punts and stepping into the backfield whenever I'm called upon. However, in my limited time since DeAngelo got hurt, I have stepped up as my team has needed me, and that shouldn't be taken lightly. "

The Panthers travel to St. Louis to take on the tough West division Champion Rams in what looks to be a tough battle.
XBL Gamertag: BHoward
PSN Id: BHoward1

http://community.2ksports.com/community/user/blogs.cfm?blogid=1010465

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Second verse, same as the first...Raiders win 2010 AFC West title with 45-3 evisceration of Broncos

The Denver Broncos played host to a very familiar and very unfriendly Raiders squad in week 16 DSPFL action, eager to avenge a 45-10 defeat out in Oakland back in week 11. Instead, they ran into a much stronger, more defensively sound Oakland squad that really took it to them for four full quarters.

In the first game, Denver was able to put up 273 offensive yards and allowed 433 to the Raiders, but turned the ball over three times.

In the rematch, the Broncos gained less than half of that, with 112 offensive yards. On a positive note, they were perfectly balanced, with 56 passing and 56 rushing yards. The down side is that they were remarkably consistent on defense, allowing 415 yards of offense this time, including 218 rushing yards. They gained just 5 first downs (to Oakland's 16) and possessed the ball for just 12:24 as opposed to 35:36 for the Silver & Black.

The opening drive saw Knowshon Moreno starting to get into a groove, with a 16 yard carry early on that seemed to set the tone. But on the first pass attempted by Denver rookie QB Kelly James, Raiders LB Thomas Howard sat in a zone and easily read his eyes, snagging the pick and taking it for a score less than two minutes in.

James would end up having a disastrous day, completing just 11 of 29 passes for 75 yards with 2 interceptions, just a week after posting an incredibly impressive 18 of 23, 235 yard, 3 TD day against Tennessee.

Against the Raiders, it just wasn't to be.

Oakland defenders mauled any Bronco receiver down the field, swatting the ball down at the last second, or just laying the wood on a wideout, forcing a drop.

Down 14-0 in the blink of an eye, the Broncos found themselves completely out of the gameplan of allowing Moreno to carry the load. Meanwhile, Raider offensive players sliced up the Broncos defense like Swiss Cheese.

Fellow rookie QB Dane Morrow was impeccable, completing 10 of 12 passes for 197 yards and 1 touchdown before being pulled in the third quarter, up 38-3.

Darrius Heyward-Bey again proved that he's the most dangerous deep threat in the league, hauling in 5 catches for 121 yards and a touchdown, despite the Broncos playing in nickel and dime 2-deep zones for the majority of the game.

"How fast is that guy, anyway?", Coach Danimal was left uttering at the press conference. "I've got Champ Baily on him singled up, and he just ran away from him like he had cement shoes on and hauls in a 37 yarder over the shoulder. Never seen anything like it."

JaMarcus Russell was typically hideous in his relief appearance, going 0-fer on his only pass attempt, a simple checkdown that should have been picked.

The biggest recipient of Denver's pass defense focus was Raiders tailback Darren McFadden, who enjoyed a 24 carry, 159 yard, 1 TD day. Michael Bush also contributed 15 carries for 55 yards and 2 scores as the Raiders pounded the Broncos into submission in the 4th quarter.

Oakland moves to 15-0 on the season and travel to Tennessee to face the suddenly slumping 11-4 Titans. With the way the Titans have been robbed the past two weeks, there could be some major frustration taken out on a Raiders team that many feel may be somewhat overrated.

Denver, meanwhile, drops to 12-3 and heads to Indianapolis in a final regular season tune up before their playoff push starts.

They just hope that somebody knocks the Raiders off in the postseason before they meet them for a third time this season, as 90-13 isn't a 2-game aggregate score that you want to be on the losing end of.

Rough game, Dan. Sorry, bro. That first pick was pretty on the money, but that second one by the DE was pretty crap. If the ball would have floated like you want, you could have had a completion down near the sideline. That completely turned the tide of the game and your boys just never seemed to recover.

Stuffed on 4th and Inches rarely ever happens...I don't know what it is, but I think your cyber players are scared of my guys or something. They tackle like the REAL Raiders with arm tackles and whiffs, and can't catch a break.

Good luck in the postseason and in 2011.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Yeah like I said it's rough with the missed tackles, I just don't get it only happens against you. I must be doing something incorrectly while tackling.

I should of been smarter and not abandoned my game plan even down 14-0. I should of know it was going to be bad, first play I get a nice gain. 2nd play I get a delay of game because thew ticker disappeared and I didn't know how much time I had. Went south from there. :)

I also learn something from you every game, I had no idea if you took control of the wide out he gets faster. But I went into Madden after our game and tested it and sure enough works every time. It's significant too, I think that's pretty crap for a game that is suppose to be sim but it is what it is.

That's why I hope they put in a coach mode next year, I'm an average player and I'll never be able to switch guys like the better players do.
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yeah, it's something they've thrown in there to give the joystick jockeys a "skill vs. ratings" argument. It's something I've always done, especially on deep routes, but the CPU when left alone doesn't speed burst. However, it's also a pretty significant risk/reward. The CPU always tries to get to the right spot, and always times the catch properly. A human will go faster, but misplaying the timing will screw you.

When you switch and trigger it, you are able to speed up and catch up to balls, but you have to have the proper timing of letting it go to throw it far enough out front to make a difference.

It works the same way for DB's as well, which is why I switch every time a ball is in the air--WR or DB. It leads to a fun little battle for position, and I really enjoy those moments. Coming down with a pick or a swat in single coverage, deciding whether to pick it with Y or (as I did numerous times against you last night), deciding that the risk was too great if I missed the pick and just hit the bumper button to swat the ball down. You continually found the single coverage in my secondary, so if I whiffed a pick attempt or missed a tackle, you were gone for 6.

Switching and deciding how to play the ball in the air is a game within a game for me. I personally love it how it is--it gives the player an incentive to do it and get better at it.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Wait.... You can switch players? Thats crazy and I refuse.

It seems everytime I switch I turn it into a big play for my opponent. I really need to stop. To quote Clint " A mans got to know his limitations"

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

G7, you have a PM.

Nozzleman_216
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Nozzleman_216 »

If we don't flip tonight ( I forget when we were supposed to) I will play my CPU game first thing in the morning when i get home from the firehouse!

Sorry Thanks!
XBL: Nozzleman 216
PSN: Nozzleman_216

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Zeppo, sent you a PM.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I gave until noon today as an extension to flip, that is about 2.5 hours from now.
Follow Me on:

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Dan, G7 and I are not going to be able to play. We were set to get it in this AM, but G7 had a bit of an auto incident last night that he has to deal with. The good news is no one was hurt!

He pulled out to let me play the CPU, but I think it's most fair to just have the game simmed. It's mostly my fault that we haven't been able to get together as I've had a real whirlwind of a couple of weeks.

So just flip it whenever you can, and we'll get this 2nd Regular Season in the books. On to the playoffs!

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

As soon as the week is flipped, my next game is against G7. Let me know when you can play. I could play it this afternoon if Danimal flips or I can play it tomorrow night after 8 EST.
Last edited by Badgun on Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Week has been flipped.

Like to finish up the regular season by Thursday night 11pm CT
Follow Me on:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Mr. Gamer when can the Panthers come out and play?

TheGamer2
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by TheGamer2 »

We can go right now, but outside of that it would be about 8 or 9. have to pick up the wife and kds.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

TheGamer2 wrote:We can go right now, but outside of that it would be about 8 or 9. have to pick up the wife and kds.
9 tonight sounds good. Ill look for you then. If not...I can play anytime after 7 monday-wednesday.

TheGamer2
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by TheGamer2 »

thats cool

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Rams cash in on a lucky break and squeak by an injury riddled Panthers side 23-20 on a last second fg.

No highlights coming from me as once again for some reason EA would only let me have the first two seconds of a play. What up with that???

Good game Gamer....I hope to be able to give you a rematch in the NFC championship game. 8)

P.S. I do enjoy the league and playing with the people in it. Another fine example tonight.

TheGamer2
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by TheGamer2 »

Rams halt Panthers

The St. Louis Rams defeated the Carolina Panthers in a match up of division winners. The Rams defense stymied the vaunted Panthers offense including holding the Panthers surprising RB Jonathan Stewart to just 36 yards rushing on 11 carries and also keeping him out of the end zone. That left the task of leading the team to backup QB Josh McCown who did not step up. The Rams defense held the QB to 6 for 23 passing for 103 yards. WR Steve Smith was held to one catch for 24 yards. The Rams defense dismantled the Panthers in every way.

The Rams offense did everything the Panthers offense couldn't. Prior to being "rested" at the end of the 3rd quarter, the Rams oft injured superstar RB Stephen Jackson blasted the Panthers defense for 111 yards on 23 carries, which also included two TD runs. While the Rams QB Marc Bulger didn't pass for any TDs, he managed the game especially in the fourth quarter when he led the Rams to the game winning field goal. Bulger went 14 for 22 for 184 yards in keeping the ball away from the Panthers offense and winning the time of possession battle 34:31 to 13:29.

Ultimately the game didn't have any effect on the playoff standings as the two teams will remain the third and fourth seeds in the playoffs, with the Rams facing the Redskins and the Panthers facing either the cpu Cardinals or cpu Saints.

XXXIV, great game and it was fun talking to you. Good luck in the playoffs. Go Cubs. Sox Suck!! :lol: