DSP Madden Online Franchise Season 2 thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Rob say when...

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

mac Friday night or Sunday work for me. If it is Friday needs to be like 10 or later CT.

I am in the process of uploading the highlight show to Youtube, going to take a while my upstream sucks. Go easy on me guys, I'm using a PC to edit at home and these programs crash every time I get too speedy, plus i haven't done voice over like this in years and was winging it.

All that said it still took around 3 hours or more with the downloading of flv files off of Sports world (it helps me a lot if you go say yes to all the friends request i sent) converting them to something usable in the video editor, voice over, images etc.

It's certainly not stellar for a first effort in any way, but hopefully they will get better once I get used to doing this on a PC.

I'll flip in a bit here as it seems all games are played.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Actually mac we don't play to week 3, not sure why i thought it was this week.

Anyway week is flipped

SIM DEADLINE TUESDAY 15TH, 11PM CT

[/b]
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tc4J1UXQ7GA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>

Here they are, again not the best.
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

That is...the coolest f*cking thing I've ever seen for a league.

Incredible amount of work, Dan. That's insane. Can't even say enough about it.

I'll upload more than 1 video this week...wow 8O

The *only* thing I'd do is lower the music volume a bit--tough to hear you on some lines.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Danimal,

That is absolutely, positively f***in awesome!!!
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Raiders remove training wheels on rookie QB Morrow, obliterate Niners 51-9

<embed src="http://cdn.www.easports.com/static/110. ... player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="height=360&width=640&file=http://cdn.content.easports.com/media2/ ... ="></embed>
Raiders QB Dane Morrow uncorks a 31-yard rainbow TD pass to Darrius Heyward-Bey in the first half of a 51-9 dismantling of the Niners.

It took Raiders rookie quarterback Dane Morrow all of one game to become accustomed to the NFL. In the week 1 41-6 victory over rival San Diego, he was timid and some of his throws were off the mark in an 11-of-18 outing.

In week 2, he showed the entire world why he's a future superstar.

Morrow completed 15 of 16 passes for 285 yards and 5 touchdowns...in the first half...against the San Francisco 49ers in week 2.

He would finish the day a ridiculous 20 of 23 for 348 yards, his 5 first half scores, and a perfect 158.3 rating.

Once the pass was clicking (which took all of about 1 drive against the Niners), the running game exploded. Darren McFadden, stifled for most of the game in the opener, carried 23 times for 140 yards and 2 scores in his second game. Counterpart Frank Gore could muster just 19 yards on 12 carries against a stout Oakland rushing defense.

But while the defending champs were solid against the run, they gave up huge plays in the passing game. Misplayed balls in the air, whiffed tackles, and obvious early season kinks resulted in the Niners QB's Shaun Hill and Nate Davis throwing for 301 yards--the second 300 yard passing day against Oakland.

"We've got the rushing defense dialed in, but we really have to do something about that pass defense", Coach Crouch quipped in his post game press conference.

Indeed.

But when your quarterback is able to fling it around with the precision and power that Morrow is capable of doing, that puts a lot of pressure on a defense.

The biggest beneficiary of the young gunslinger's arrival has been second year wideout Darrius Heyward-Bey, who was Oakland's most explosive threat last year. With a competent and strong-armed quarterback, however, DHB exploded with 6 receptions for 152 yards and 3 touchdowns in week 2.

Not to feel left out, Raiders rookie cornerback James Fluellen intercepted 2 more passes, giving him 3 already in this young season. He had zero tackles against San Francisco...primarily because he broke up all 4 pass attempts thrown his way (2 interceptions, 2 passes defensed). That's production.

As a team, Oakland put up 509 yards against San Francisco--348 passing, 161 rushing. The Niners countered with 308 yards of their own, but for the second straight week, Oakland won the turnover battle 3 to 0.

And for the second straight week, it was a lopsided result.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Danimal,

That was AMAZING. Tremendous job, and thanks for putting that together for us. I hope that encourages everyone to upload their videos.

tmdba37
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by tmdba37 »

Danimal wrote:
Here they are, again not the best.
Not the best, but way better than what the wonks in Bristol put together. . .you keep this up and they'll be knocking on your door and you'll be moving back to Connecticut. . . :)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Thanks guys but it could be a lot better.

I want to apologize to the Steelers, somehow I forgot to splice your footage in even though I recorded it. My mistake as I really want to include everyone who saves highlights.

Not sure what happened to the sound levels. they were good in the editor but processing them to mpeg-4 then youtube doing it's thing and it sounds not so great, it sounds like I can't pronounce McNabb and I can :)

Anyway I'll do my best to keep these up, as games get done I go to the EA sports world account of anyone who posts here and I snag the videos, convert them from flash, do the editing and convert back etc.

In other news Denver barely got a win against Seattle last night 12-7. I couldn't upload to EA servers last night for some reason but I saved what little highlights there were.
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK

NFC:

Drew Brees, QB, Saints
Brees was masterful in his dissection of the Rams defense, completing 27 of 40 passes for 404 yards and 3 touchdowns. The Rams went from Super Bowl hopefuls to "where to from here?" in the span of one week, thanks to Brees.

Joseph Rugg, LE, Bears
Talk about a dominant first outing. The rookie selection piled up 4 sacks against Aaron Rodgers and the Packers, proving that the speed of the NFL game isn't too much for him.

AFC:

Willie Parker, RB, Steelers

Fast Willie was certainly explosive in the opener, carrying the rock 14 times for a staggering 212 yards and 3 TD's. If the Steelers can get production like that from their little dynamo, they have a good chance of reaching the postseason after being eliminated from contention by midseason last year.

Jason Trusnik, MLB, Jets
Slumberland has a way of getting the most out of his defenders, and Trusnik was certainly effective. He had 3 tackles from the mike spot, but also completely nullified the middle of the field in the passing game, notching 3 interceptions in the opener.

HOT SEAT

PLAYER:

Brandon Jacobs, RB, Giants

This is a big, bruising back that should pile up the yards after contact. Yet against the Eagles, Jacobs could gain just 18 yards on 12 carries. With 12 carries, a back that big should be able to simply FALL FORWARD for more than 18 yards. Jacobs earns the week 1 player's hot seat after that dismal performance.

COACH:

XXXIV, St. Louis Rams

An absolute no-brainer. You can't come out in your season opener and play like that and avoid the hot seat. They did absolutely everything wrong against the Saints. 4 turnovers. Almost a 2 to 1 time of possession deficit. They allowed 20 first downs (including 10 of 14 3rd down conversions) and over 500 yards of offense. The team looked like they had no desire to compete, and showed a complete lack of preparation. XXXIV earns hot seat "honors" with that display of coaching.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Good stuff Terry...You lose one CPU game and this what you get. Well earned. ...Still, you are a bastard! :wink:

With the Bears up next its only going to get worse.

When do the Bears want to come out and face this machine?

EDIT#2:

Top 10 excuses for losing to the CPU Saints.

10. I didnt know that there would be report cards.
9. Motor skills start to fail at age 43.
8. Stayed up late the night before playing Assassins Creed 2
7. Was too caught up in the Tiger Woods soap opera.
6. Took CPU team lightly.
5. Some guy named Pitman played most of the game at RB.
4. Marc Bulger is still the qb.
3. Was not informed of the Saints patch.
2. Wanted to make the game as realistic as possible.
1. I just plain suck!

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Good stuff guys.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

34 don't feel too bad I almost lost to the CPU Seahawks last night. It was one of those games, every time I got into their end I turned the ball over. Twice on fumbles which is the most irritating part because I haqte fight for the fumble and I always forget it is on for online. So I am always immediately at a disadvantage.

Then Seattle put one of those drives together where I couldn't stop them. Hassleback was 11-11 on that drive. Luckily I was able to pull it out but it felt like one of those games where I was gonna lose.

We all can't be Terry and butt rape the CPU.
Follow Me on:

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Great video Danimal. My apologies about not getting my highlights up; I'll put up a highlight from last week along with some highlights from this week's matchup. I think my EASW username is JaredM, for future reference.

Speaking of which, aren't I playing the Jets this week? Eek, I wanted more CPU patsies before important games. Ah well...Slumberland, PM me and let me know when you want to play.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Great work on the rankings and players of the week, Terry.

GameSeven, let me know when you want to play. I have to get our game in before Sunday because I'll be out of town. Thursday (tonight) would be the best time for me, but I can also play Friday or Saturday.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Terry that stuff is outstanding. Although as coach of my teami 'officially' don't care about the rankings, I absolutely love them and really appreciate the work you put into them.

I wish I could watch the videos on my iPhone, but it's 'x'ed out for some reason. But i know i'm going to love them when I do watch them. It will make me all the more frustrated about not being able to grab the few really key plays that the game glitched out for me, like Peterson's first TD which was a very pretty run. Oh well.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Zeppo wrote:Terry that stuff is outstanding. Although as coach of my teami 'officially' don't care about the rankings, I absolutely love them and really appreciate the work you put into them.

I wish I could watch the videos on my iPhone, but it's 'x'ed out for some reason. But i know i'm going to love them when I do watch them. It will make me all the more frustrated about not being able to grab the few really key plays that the game glitched out for me, like Peterson's first TD which was a very pretty run. Oh well.
Patch is out today and that is suppose to be one of the things they fixed, extending the length of replays, so now you get a whole kick off return etc.

I however don't think they fixed the glitch where it ends the minute the ball crosses the goal line.
Follow Me on:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Terry and Dan both with great jobs. Really adds to the enjoyment.

Its enough to make me think about practicing...Need to do something. Wish EA would let me use my new dudes...

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Dan's is ridiculous...and much tougher.

And XXXIV, I just edited an "offline" team to match my current team's ratings. So it's not the exact team, but it was at least something I could play with and get a feel for between weeks 1 and 2 :wink:

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

Great job to Danimal and Terry for both of their efforts. You guys do a lot of work to make this feel like a real league. I think I can speak for everyone involved when I say we all appreciate it. Both the highlights and the rankings really add to the immersion factor...really good stuff guys!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

TCrouch wrote: And XXXIV, I just edited an "offline" team to match my current team's ratings. So it's not the exact team, but it was at least something I could play with and get a feel for between weeks 1 and 2 :wink:
Hint hint eh?.. ...Im on it in about 10 minutes.

Dan. I did appreaciate Nelson's appearance on the box score as it had me spit out my cofee this morning :D ...I will have to remember highlights next time.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

XXXIV wrote:Terry and Dan both with great jobs. Really adds to the enjoyment.

Its enough to make me think about practicing...Need to do something. Wish EA would let me use my new dudes...
Yes.

Danimal, that stuff is downright awesome. Perfect in conception, even if, shall we say, you're no George Michael. . . . :D :wink:

The longer replays with the patch will be great, but I hope they fixed the overall glitchiness of the replay listing. There's a lot of weirdness in there if you look closely, and all too often I get the 'replays not available' for key plays. With the A.P. run I mentioned before, I swear I watched it once but didn't save it, and when I went back to it, it wouldn't let me look at it anymore. I was not happy.

But that highlight show is awesome. Hmm . . . . I wonder if you could farm out the finishing to someone for a little PayPal on the side, so it wouldn't take up so much time for yourself. . . . I'm sure I'm not the only one around here who might know a few film and video editors who wouldn't mind like a little beer money, and I know I'd chip in with small donations. . . .

eman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by eman »

Dan - incredible stuff man. I really enjoyed it.

Terry - great stuff as usual.

G7, good game man. The turnovers really helped my cause early. Good luck the rest of the way.
Gamer Tag - mmeh97
Owner in the DSP Official League - Eagles

eman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by eman »

Zeppo wrote:
XXXIV wrote:Terry and Dan both with great jobs. Really adds to the enjoyment.

Yes.

Danimal, that stuff is downright awesome. Perfect in conception, even if, shall we say, you're no George Michael. . . . :D :wink:

The longer replays with the patch will be great, but I hope they fixed the overall glitchiness of the replay listing. There's a lot of weirdness in there if you look closely, and all too often I get the 'replays not available' for key plays. With the A.P. run I mentioned before, I swear I watched it once but didn't save it, and when I went back to it, it wouldn't let me look at it anymore. I was not happy.

But that highlight show is awesome. Hmm . . . . I wonder if you could farm out the finishing to someone for a little PayPal on the side, so it wouldn't take up so much time for yourself. . . . I'm sure I'm not the only one around here who might know a few film and video editors who wouldn't mind like a little beer money, and I know I'd chip in with small donations. . . .
I downloaded all of the NFL Primetime themes tonight. I've got to put something together at some point, though I'm sure it won't be as nice/expansive as Dan's offering.

Again, great work Dan.
Gamer Tag - mmeh97
Owner in the DSP Official League - Eagles