Tiger Woods hurt in car accident

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

I wouldnt mind being nagged by her, maybe ill give her a call catch her on the rebound.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

First Tiger Woods pics are released. Hurry up before they're gone.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2 ... ashed-tree

Link to pics:
http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/2174 ... dm=ss&tn=b

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

After looking at those shots, sure, Eldrick was just heading to 7-11 for a triple Reeses' Peanut Butter Cup to satisfy a late-night craving.

OK. :)

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Eldrick changed her story again! First it was a 7 iron she used to smash the window......now they are reporting it's a Pitching Wedge!!!! :)

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

pk500 wrote: Divorce doesn't work well with the Nike and IMG image of the "perfect" Tiger. Plus it might be the largest alimony settlement in the history of mankind.

Those are two huge reasons for Tiger to run around yet still keep Elin under his roof.

I'm with you about adultery. And none of the reasons above are justifiable. But very probable.

Fact is, TMZ more than often gets these stories right. Way more than the "mainstream" media.

Take care,
PK
Neither does adultery.....either way, if this story IS true, then Tiger has made a serious mistake and should have thought about the potential consequences instead of the bulge in his shorts......it won't affect my feelings about his Golf skills, but it sure would put a huge damper on my perception of him as a role model for kids and for adults.....and if he did not have a prenup, he can kiss about $500MM of his fortune goodbye. What a costly fuckup in so many respects if this is true....

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

DivotMaker wrote:
pk500 wrote: Divorce doesn't work well with the Nike and IMG image of the "perfect" Tiger. Plus it might be the largest alimony settlement in the history of mankind.

Those are two huge reasons for Tiger to run around yet still keep Elin under his roof.

I'm with you about adultery. And none of the reasons above are justifiable. But very probable.

Fact is, TMZ more than often gets these stories right. Way more than the "mainstream" media.

Take care,
PK
Neither does adultery.....either way, if this story IS true, then Tiger has made a serious mistake and should have thought about the potential consequences instead of the bulge in his shorts......it won't affect my feelings about his Golf skills, but it sure would put a huge damper on my perception of him as a role model for kids and for adults.....and if he did not have a prenup, he can kiss about $500MM of his fortune goodbye. What a costly fuckup in so many respects if this is true....
Why should we look at athletes as role models? This is the biggest mistake we, as the american society make towards athletes, and I would say that it's probably has to do with marketing than anything else. They sell more shirts if grown men idolize other grown men, let alone kids doing the same. And maybe role models isn't the right word, what people do instead is hold up athletes to some mythical standard of behavior and if they appear human we are in shock.

I watch sports to be entertained and that's it. I'm in awe of their physical talent but it stops there. I don't know why we have to try to idolize them as well. That's stuff for kids, I guess.

His problems with his wife are his problems with his wife. I find it stupid to judge Tiger for off the course problems. I'm not saying cheating on your wife should be condoned but stuff like this should not be tried in the court of public perception. It's not like he's a politician trying to propose a family marriage act while cheating on his wife.

And let me say, I have never liked Tiger. I think he represents something wrong about sport and golf in general. And don't get me started on the craze of Tiger-proofing courses, it has destroyed the grand old courses in a 15 year period. All because the USGA doesn't have the "balls" -- excuse the bad pun -- to take on the manufacturers and to reign in distance. In 10 years, I have gained over 40 yards in driving distance. That's 4-0, and that's totally insane.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

JRod wrote:Why should we look at athletes as role models? This is the biggest mistake we, as the american society make towards athletes, and I would say that it's probably has to do with marketing than anything else. They sell more shirts if grown men idolize other grown men, let alone kids doing the same. And maybe role models isn't the right word, what people do instead is hold up athletes to some mythical standard of behavior and if they appear human we are in shock.

I watch sports to be entertained and that's it. I'm in awe of their physical talent but it stops there. I don't know why we have to try to idolize them as well. That's stuff for kids, I guess.
Couldn't agree more. I'll let Sir Charles handle the rest:

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nMzdAZ3TjCA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>

The only irony of this FANTASTIC commercial is that Nike has done more to promote the myth of athletes as role models than just about any company for the last quarter-century. This was Nike's Pontius Pilate ad.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

dougb
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dougb »

I'd imagine the pre-nupt runs in the area of about 50 pages - extremely unlikely that issue wasn't missed in the wedding plans.

Best wishes,

Doug
"Every major sport has come under the influence of organized crime. FIFA actually is organized crime" - Charles Pierce

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

Tiger refused to talk to the cops for the third straight day today and let them look at his cuts. I love his statement he released in which he denies all the rumors and is sticking with the courageous wife story. What a moron if he thinks this will just pass over if he lies enough. And wtf is up with the rule of law? I'd like to see what happened to me if I told the police 3 days in a row to come back later for their investigation under fishy conditions.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Looking forward to Jim Rome's take. :)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

toonarmy wrote:Tiger refused to talk to the cops for the third straight day today and let them look at his cuts. I love his statement he released in which he denies all the rumors and is sticking with the courageous wife story. What a moron if he thinks this will just pass over if he lies enough. And wtf is up with the rule of law? I'd like to see what happened to me if I told the police 3 days in a row to come back later for their investigation under fishy conditions.
Spot on, dude. When is the point when the cops say, "Hey, we're the law -- you're talking to us when WE want you to."

Somebody should go to the local Rite Aid near Isleworth and see if there's a run on Neosporin. If so, Eldrick is busted -- trying to heal those facial cuts inflicted by Elin as quickly as possible. :)

Take care,
PK

Metman24
Mario Mendoza

Post by Metman24 »

The "rule of law" is that this was deemed a traffic accident, and he doesn't have to talk to the police.
It's you're, not your!!....Thank you.
XBL Tag; Richkid24

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Yep Metman is right, if I was Tiger I'd tell them to stay out of my business.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Metman24 wrote:The "rule of law" is that this was deemed a traffic accident, and he doesn't have to talk to the police.
Thanks for schooling me. Appreciate it! :)

This still reeks of traffic accident precipitated by domestic dispute.

Take care,
PK

EZSnappin
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by EZSnappin »

He really doesn't have to give a statement after damaging city property (the hydrant)? I find that more than a little odd.

EDIT: answered my own question by reading the latest on the "incident"; quirk of Florida law that wouldn't fly anywhere else. Only have to provide license, registration, proof of insurance. Surprised the insurance companies haven't forced that to be changed - police statements are their number one resource.
Last edited by EZSnappin on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

Let's see here:

-- Guy runs over a fire hydrant on a very wide street in a luxury community at 2:30 in the morning while traveling at such a slow speed that the airbags do not deploy.

-- Guy has cuts on his face yet no blood is on the steering wheel and there is no sharp glass anywhere in the vicinity of guy's face.

-- Guy's back window of SUV shattered due to wife shattering it with golf club, supposedly to rescue him, because everyone knows the best way to rescue someone from the driver's seat in a SUV is to bash out the very back window and pull them over 2 or 3 sets of seats.

-- There are reports of a domestic disturbance, thus possibly explaining why said wife had a golf club in hand at 2:30 in the morning and ran to an accident scene with a golf club (We all know that the first thing someone does when there is an accident is run to get golf equipment).

-- Nothing makes sense about the story given by woman in question at the scene of the accident.

OK, yeah, just a routine traffic mishap that the police have no right to investigate. Everyone move along; nothing to see here. The police should feel privileged that Tiger may talk to them in the future, if he feels up to it.

A f***in crock of horse feces this is.

johnvon314
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by johnvon314 »

dougb wrote:I'd imagine the pre-nupt runs in the area of about 50 pages - extremely unlikely that issue wasn't missed in the wedding plans.

Best wishes,

Doug
I'd hate to think of the numbers involved. I see Jim Nantz's ex getting almost a cool million a year and shudder.

John

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

I love the fact that she said the doors of the car were locked so she ran back to the house to grab.......keys? Nah.....a nine iron.

If the story is anything but as follows i'll be shocked...

1. Dude and affair found out
2. Dude and wife have it out, scratching of face ensues
3. Wife grabs Nike iron and tees off on dude.
4. Dude is knocked loopy and races to vehicle.
5. Wife chases dude who, after she blows out back window with said Nike iron, pegs the gas pedal to get away and in turn cannot avoid hydrant and tree as he likely sees three of each from concussion suffered at hands of aforementioned Nike iron.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

RallyMonkey wrote:I love the fact that she said the doors of the car were locked so she ran back to the house to grab.......keys? Nah.....a nine iron.

If the story is anything but as follows i'll be shocked...

1. Dude and affair found out
2. Dude and wife have it out, scratching of face ensues
3. Wife grabs Nike iron and tees off on dude.
4. Dude is knocked loopy and races to vehicle.
5. Wife chases dude who, after she blows out back window with said Nike iron, pegs the gas pedal to get away and in turn cannot avoid hydrant and tree as he likely sees three of each from concussion suffered at hands of aforementioned Nike iron.
This ^^^^^

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

The Elin Nordegren theme song. Sing along, boys!

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l5zFsy9VIdM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>

Take care,
PK

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

toonarmy wrote: OK, yeah, just a routine traffic mishap that the police have no right to investigate. Everyone move along; nothing to see here. The police should feel privileged that Tiger may talk to them in the future, if he feels up to it.

A f***in crock of horse feces this is.
So, they would investigate me if the situation was the same? Who cares? It's obvious - it is a domestic dispute, but who cares?

It kills me there is this much press about this.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I wonder if it was one of his new forged wedges, or some prototype stuff another company sent him???

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

I wonder if he uses that 9 iron in the next tourney.
Talk about envisioning the shot first :twisted:

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

pk500 wrote:The Elin Nordegren theme song. Sing along, boys!

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l5zFsy9VIdM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>

Take care,
PK
If your going to go Talking heads on me then take it from one of the best concert videos ever STOP MAKING SENSE

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-pCZ5E5tn4I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

True, true, Zlax. I just went for the first one I could find. But you're right: "Stop Making Sense" is a classic. I wore out the soundtrack for that flick on cassette!

Take care,
PK