Tiger Woods hurt in car accident

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dougb
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Tiger Woods hurt in car accident

Post by dougb »

Just caught the breaking news - hope it's not too bad.

Best wishes,

Doug
"Every major sport has come under the influence of organized crime. FIFA actually is organized crime" - Charles Pierce

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Don't the details but something like this reminds me of being Hoganesque.

dougb
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dougb »

Apparently out of hospital after being treated for facial lacerations so if no damage to his eyes he should be ok.

Best wishes,

Doug
"Every major sport has come under the influence of organized crime. FIFA actually is organized crime" - Charles Pierce

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

It's good to hear that he's out of the "woods" now. It's always dangerous when you shank your drive and hit a tree.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

i'd just like to know where he was going at 2:30am, and how long his driveway is if he picked up enough speed to hit a hydratn, a tree, and smash up the truck?
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Gangrel wrote:i'd just like to know where he was going at 2:30am, and how long his driveway is if he picked up enough speed to hit a hydratn, a tree, and smash up the truck?
Hopefully he's not hanging out with Rush Limbaugh. That dude was known to make his late night night med runs. :P

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

According to many sources, Tiger had an affair going on and his wife found out and Eldrick was leaving late at night...
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

something doesn't make sense about all this......

now they are saying his wife had to smash the window of his SUV to get him out. first they said he was seriously injured and now they say minor injuries. How does somebody smash into a hydrant and then a tree leaving their driveway? And all this at 2:30 AM? Plus, he was kept overnight a the hospital. I think the folks in Orlando are trying to do their best to protect their most famous resident.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ter-suv-crash/

Wife aids Woods after SUV crash

By Joseph Weber

Tiger Woods suffered cuts to his face when he crashed his SUV early Friday outside his mansion near Orlando, Fla., and police said his wife helped rescue him by smashing the back window with a golf club.

The PGA Tour star, 33, was alone in his Cadillac Escalade and pulling out of his driveway in the gated Isleworth community about 2:25 a.m. when he hit a fire hydrant and a neighbor's tree.

Woods' spokesman, Glenn Greenspan, said in a statement that the golfer was treated at Health Central Hospital and released in good condition. Greenspan described the accident as "minor." He did not say where Woods was going.

Woods is scheduled to host the Chevron World Challenge in Thousand Oaks, Calif., beginning Thursday. His agent, Mark Steinberg, said he did not know whether Woods planned to play next week.

Florida Highway Patrol spokesman Kim Montes said the air bags in Woods' SUV didn't deploy and that troopers didn't know what caused Woods to hit the hydrant and the tree.

The patrol said alcohol was not involved, although the accident remains under investigation and charges could be filed.

Windermere Police Chief Daniel Saylor told the Associated Press that officers found Woods lying in the street with his wife, Elin, hovering over him. She told officers she was in the house when she heard the accident and "came out and broke the back window with a golf club."

"She supposedly got him out and laid him on the ground," Saylor said. "He was in and out of consciousness when my guys got there."

Woods had lacerations to his upper and lower lips, and he had blood in his mouth, Saylor said.

The chief said Woods was in and out of consciousness when the officers arrived. He said the officers held Woods to the ground and "when he woke up, he tried to get up and lost consciousness."

He said officers treated Woods for 10 minutes until an ambulance arrived. Investigators said they had not yet had the chance to speak to Woods.

"We will ask him everything," spokesman Kim Montes said. "We just haven't had a chance to do so because he was being medically treated."

Officers initially reported Woods' injuries as "serious," a description the patrol later said is standard when a accident victim is taken to the hospital.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

JackB1 wrote:something doesn't make sense about all this......

now they are saying his wife had to smash the window of his SUV to get him out. first they said he was seriously injured and now they say minor injuries. How does somebody smash into a hydrant and then a tree leaving their driveway? And all this at 2:30 AM? Plus, he was kept overnight a the hospital. I think the folks in Orlando are trying to do their best to protect their most famous resident.
Pulling out of his driveway no less...

Dude has a long ass driveway where he can go crazy-ass speeds I guess. Something seems off here.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

TMZ has a different take on the wife's 'help'...

Tiger Woods: Injuries Caused by Wife, Not SUV

Posted Nov 28th 2009 12:08AM by TMZ Staff

Tiger Woods did not suffer facial lacerations from a car accident. They were inflicted by his wife, Elin Nordegren -- according to a conversation Woods had Friday after the accident.

Tiger has yet to be formally interviewed by the Florida Highway Patrol -- that should happen this afternoon. But we're told Tiger had a conversation Friday -- with a non-law enforcement type -- detailing what went down before his Escalade hit a fire hydrant.

We're told he said his wife had confronted him about reports that he was seeing another woman. The argument got heated and, according to our source, she scratched his face up. We're told it was then Woods beat a hasty retreat for his SUV -- but according to our source, Woods says his wife followed behind with a golf club. As Tiger drove away, she struck the vehicle several times with the club.

We're told Woods became "distracted," thought the vehicle was stopped, and looked to see what had happened. At that point the SUV hit the fire hydrant and then hit a tree.

We're also told Woods had said during the conversation Friday he had been taking prescription pain medication for an injury, which could explain why he seemed somewhat out of it at the scene.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/28/tiger-woo ... z0Y8Y0p81T

miget33
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

poster ahead beat me to it.

Post by miget33 »

nvm
[url=http://twitter.com/CPatt20]Twitter[/url]

[url=http://mexinjtown.blogspot.com/]My Blog[/url]

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

However he get whatever he got Im glad hes okay.

First I heard of it was a phone call from gf who was out shopping telling me he was in critical condition after an accident...I was wtf?! Thats terrible :cry: ...Love that media.

Greatest golfer will still be golfing for many many years.

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

I hate hate hate to say this, but i was in the TMZ camp even before i read that...more so than the reports from the "reputable" media outlets. I even asked my wife this morning why his wife would need to break out the rear window with a golf club even if the dude hit a hydrant and a tree. Seems more to me the rear window was smashed on his way out of the driveway.

I hope i'm wrong here, but nothing else makes sense.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

this story changes with every new report.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

webdanzer wrote:TMZ has a different take on the wife's 'help'...
My only problem with this "report" (and if true, this will not be good for Tiger AT ALL), is why on earth would he be seeing another woman?

I will be very disappointed if the "seeing another woman" story is true.....

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

DivotMaker wrote:
My only problem with this "report" (and if true, this will not be good for Tiger AT ALL), is why on earth would he be seeing another woman?

Umm, cause he's Tiger Woods, the most famous Golfer on the Planet. He probably has to beat off the women with a golf club, no pun intended. The guy is human I don't fault him if true.

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

To clarify, when i said i was in the TMZ camp, i meant that i had the belief that the issues took place in the house and prior to the accident. I am not saying i knew there may be another woman, nor do i hope that there is.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Rodster wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:

Umm, cause he's Tiger Woods, the most famous Golfer on the Planet. He probably has to beat off the women with a golf club, no pun intended. The guy is human I don't fault him if true.
Sorry, but I will fault him if this is true. He made a commitment to one woman and if she is no longer good enough, then he needs to divorce her and move on.....you seriously can't justify him cheating on Elin can you? I despise men who cheat on their wives....

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

On sports radio here in Ottawa on Friday, they were talking about a story from Austrailia, where Tiger just was.... I guess some "well known celeb groupie" was seen at the same hotel as Tiger..... the show hosts were speculating that this could be a story.....

This was before the accident came out in the afternoon.

Releated????

http://news.lalate.com/2009/11/28/natio ... ger-woods/
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Come on: Do any of you guys believe this was a routine driving accident? If so, then I have oceanfront property in Manitoba to sell you.

This has domestic dispute written all over it. But IMG and Nike will use their considerable influence to hush the Orlando cops and turn it into an accident with Elin as the hero.

Fact probably is that Elin caused the facial cuts and that she was chasing Tiger around the house with the club. He was high-tailing it out of the house to evade the crazy biatch and backed the Caddy into the hydrant and tree. She probably smashed the window trying to hit him with the club as he was escaping in the car.

That's a hell of a lot more plausible than a simple navigational error while leaving the house on an errand. Plus, think about it: Tiger Woods is arguably the most famous athlete on Earth. Since when does he leave the house alone to run errands, with no security or without a driver?

Only when his wife is enraged and trying to use his head as a range ball.

Simple. Open. Shut. Case.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

DivotMaker wrote:
Many reasons: She doesn't put out in the rack. She's a nag. He's bored with her. Like all competitive animals, he needs a new conquest. Dude has every broad in the world THROWING themselves at him.

None of those are justifiable reasons for adultery, but they're all probable.

Take care,
PK
Last edited by pk500 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

DivotMaker wrote:Sorry, but I will fault him if this is true. He made a commitment to one woman and if she is no longer good enough, then he needs to divorce her and move on.....you seriously can't justify him cheating on Elin can you? I despise men who cheat on their wives....
Divorce doesn't work well with the Nike and IMG image of the "perfect" Tiger. Plus it might be the largest alimony settlement in the history of mankind.

Those are two huge reasons for Tiger to run around yet still keep Elin under his roof.

I'm with you about adultery. And none of the reasons above are justifiable. But very probable.

Fact is, TMZ more than often gets these stories right. Way more than the "mainstream" media.

Take care,
PK

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

pk500 wrote:
That's a hell of a lot more plausible than a simple navigational error while leaving the house on an errand. Plus, think about it: Tiger Woods is arguably the most famous athlete on Earth. Since when does he leave the house alone to run errands, with no security or without a driver?

Take care,
PK
I don't know many people that run errands at 2:30AM
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Zlax45 wrote:
pk500 wrote:

Take care,
PK
I don't know many people that run errands at 2:30AM
Even more reason to believe this was a big-time marital blowup.