Assasin's Creed II

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

One of the first things you're shown is the reason you're in the tombs. I suppose if you're only about 10 minutes into the game and haven't even been to the tombs yet, you may not know why...since it's been out so long at this point, I didn't even consider it. Figured if he was doing the tombs, it was obvious as to why he was doing it.

Sorry about that.

But your uncle shows it to you, tells you to get the 6 artifacts from the 6 tombs, and off you go. Never really thought it was a mystery, sorry :(

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Really not much of a spoiler as spoilers go...Anyway...I got past that 5th annoying tomb.
Trying not to give anything away. Key was not panicing like I did in my Madden game last night.

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

Not a big deal. I wasn't sure if the comment had anything to do with the 5th tomb which I haven't gotten to yet. I was more asking than complaining.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Finished the main game saturday night and got all the tombs. Didnt finish the feathers or all the truth stuff. I liked it alot. Its fun.

The only thing I didnt like was where the story went. Without giving anything away. Went kinda into the strange.

Its a very good game with many pretty scenes.

EZSnappin
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by EZSnappin »

About the ending, I think WTF? says it well.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

EZSnappin wrote:About the ending, I think WTF? says it well.
:lol: Yes... Thats the perfect way to describe it and my reaction to it.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Am enjoying the heck out of this game, I didn`t think any game would come close to either Uncharted 2 or Batman:AA but AC2 might just be my GOTY.

Anyway, quick question - after you finish the main story are you able to go back and collect/find all the feathers and glyphs? Or should I collect all that stuff before finishing the story missions?

Apologies if this has been answered already in the thread but am trying to avoid spoilers.

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

Macca00 wrote:Am enjoying the heck out of this game, I didn`t think any game would come close to either Uncharted 2 or Batman:AA but AC2 might just be my GOTY.

Anyway, quick question - after you finish the main story are you able to go back and collect/find all the feathers and glyphs? Or should I collect all that stuff before finishing the story missions?

Apologies if this has been answered already in the thread but am trying to avoid spoilers.
Yes, you can go back and do anything you want. I'm not gonna hunt down all the feathers, but I do want to get all the viewpoints, glyphs, and I only got 3 of the 6 tombs so I might go back and do those.

There's also supposed to be 2 DLC packs coming in January. Both are about a gig in size so it sounds like it's more than an extra temple or something. Can't wait.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Badgun wrote:
Yes, you can go back and do anything you want. I'm not gonna hunt down all the feathers, but I do want to get all the viewpoints, glyphs, and I only got 3 of the 6 tombs so I might go back and do those.

There's also supposed to be 2 DLC packs coming in January. Both are about a gig in size so it sounds like it's more than an extra temple or something. Can't wait.
Thanks Badgun! Your profile pic reminds me I still have Borderlands in the shrinkwrap to play! :)

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I still go back and play this one quite alot, and I, for one, LOVED the ending, and still remember saying 'WHOA!' so loudly that I woke my wife up; I was grinning ear to ear, and even moreso when the credits began, and the game continued while they were rolling. Awesome stuff.

I haven't played Uncharted 2 (PS3-less), but it'd have to be damn near perfect to match the storytelling in this one.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

Thanks for the reminder that this game has some content coming out in January. I was thinking of trading in the game - but I will hold on to it.

I never get bored with this game. i can amuse myself by poisoning a guard and then throwing money at the guard as he wildly swings his weapon. "Money! Money!" THUNK "The EASY Way" THUNK "Gold!" THUNK. Then I diligently search the pile of dead bodies while passerby's talk of my eternal damnation.

Yeah, I am easily amused......

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

kevinpars wrote:Thanks for the reminder that this game has some content coming out in January. I was thinking of trading in the game - but I will hold on to it.
Yep...thanks I was in that very same boat.
Teal wrote: I haven't played Uncharted 2 (PS3-less), but it'd have to be damn near perfect to match the storytelling in this one.
I havent played it and I own it. have is sitting on the shelf...So many games. Can only play one at a time....Im saving it for desert.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Teal wrote:.....and I, for one, LOVED the ending, and still remember saying 'WHOA!' so loudly that I woke my wife up; I was grinning ear to ear, and even moreso when the credits began, and the game continued while they were rolling. Awesome stuff.
Agreed! Really enjoyed that twist and can't wait to see what the heck they do with the next game - has to take place in modern day/the future, doesn't it?

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

Heads up. This game, both collectors and regular edition, is $29.99 at Eb Games (in Canada, or at least Ontario) ... I think just for today.

I went to EB, not knowing about the deal... and scored the collectors edition for $29.99 today. 8O That's $60 off the regular price!

Played it a bit and am liking it so far.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I saw this game running on a PS3 hooked up to a 46-inch LCD TV while Christmas shopping last week, and the graphics quality stopped me like a Ray Lewis hit on fourth-and-1. Jaw-dropping visuals. It was like watching a movie.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

pk500 wrote:I saw this game running on a PS3 hooked up to a 46-inch LCD TV while Christmas shopping last week, and the graphics quality stopped me like a Ray Lewis hit on fourth-and-1. Jaw-dropping visuals. It was like watching a movie.

Take care,
PK
Its called next gen, i think someone mentioned it in an earlier thread.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Jimmydeicide wrote:
pk500 wrote:I saw this game running on a PS3 hooked up to a 46-inch LCD TV while Christmas shopping last week, and the graphics quality stopped me like a Ray Lewis hit on fourth-and-1. Jaw-dropping visuals. It was like watching a movie.

Take care,
PK
F*ck off. Can't you just lose your green card, you pillowbiter? :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Jimmydeicide wrote:

Take care,
PK
Damn, now THAT was funny.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

The scenery in this game is amazing. It rivals Uncharted 2 for background graphics. I've climbed to the top of the Duomo in Florence and the representation here is almost as breathtaking as it is in real life.

Cool game, too. The vertical element really adds a lot of strategy to getting around when on the lam. I'm only a few hours in but the story has me hooked. However, I had no idea there was a modern-day frame to the story. When the game started I was a bit confused for a few minutes.

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

look forward to this title.

thankful of the positive reviews (via gamers and critics alike). As this bodes well for the continuation of this franchise and also the history sub-genre it belongs to.

to fans of this title, would like to know: If given the choice where would you like for AC III or AC IV to take place? If you were the developer, and able to make the next locale selection.

having followed this franchise, yet not played it, the settings of either the French Revolution or Czarist Russia appeal to me (rasputin assassination anyone). What do you think, and what would be your choices?

_

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

vinny-b wrote:look forward to this title.

thankful of the positive reviews (via gamers and critics alike). As this bodes well for the continuation of this franchise and also the history sub-genre it belongs to.

to fans of this title, would like to know: If given the choice where would you like for AC III or AC IV to take place? If you were the developer, and able to make the next locale selection.

having followed this franchise, yet not played it, the settings of either the French Revolution or Czarist Russia appeal to me (rasputin assassination anyone). What do you think, and what would be your choices?

_
Good question. I'd have to think about that. Although the Rasputin story would be interesting wouldn't you have to put firearms in the game? That would kind of kill it for me.

An obvious choice would be ancient Rome
"Be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller, and contains less potential for unexpected delirium." -Nick Hornby

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

vinny-b wrote:rasputin assassination anyone....
LOL

The rasputin assassination practically writes itself as a multi-part boss battle;

Stage 1) Stab Him (disguised as a prostitute)
Stage 2) Poison Him (stuff cyanide in cake and red wine)
Stage 3) Shoot Him (gunplay but hey, there's 'guns' in AC 2)
Stage 4) Throw Him In the River
Stage 5) Find His Body
Stage 6) Using the Guitar Hero peripheral play Boney M's Rasputin

As long as there's checkpoints between each stage, I'm cool! :) :)

French Revolution would be very cool. I wondering about Feudal Japan but then it becomes a straight-up Ninja game so I don't know.

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

Macca00 wrote:The rasputin assassination practically writes itself as a multi-part boss battle;

Stage 5) Find His Body

post.of.the.year.

(still laughing : )
_
Last edited by vinny-b on Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

vinny-b wrote:
Macca00 wrote:The rasputin assassination practically writes itself as a multi-part boss battle;

Stage 5) Find His Body

post.of.the.year.

lmfao
_
:lol: ...

Far too early for post of the year but it is SWEET!....

Macca I like the French revolution thought.
Teal wrote:
Jimmydeicide wrote:

Take care,
PK
Damn, now THAT was funny.
Dont know how I missed this one earlier. Maybe the vodka but that is also good stuff. :D

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Glad you liked my ideas, Vinny!

Been thinking about this on and off over past few days and the more I think about it the more I believe it should be in a more modern time such as the aforementioned Czarist Russia/Russian Revolution - old Lenin, young(ish) Stalin, would be very cool.

Sure that means there has to be guns in the game but I think that's the challenge for UbiSoft because if the Desmond story-line is the end-game then the last game in series has to end with you outside of the animus controlling Desmond all the time. And in the near-future I'm sure they still have guns.

Besides, it's 'Assassin's Creed' so it'll still be about stealth rather than run and gun.