Assasin's Creed II

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

I agree with toon and teal, this one is a lot of fun. I liked the first one and this one really does improve on the repetitive issues and really presents a vast and interesting world. The first hour or so drags, but then things really picked up.

Between this game and the new COD and the sports games, I have regained my enthusiasm for the 360 after losing some interest the last few months.

EZSnappin
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by EZSnappin »

Got a few more hours with this and it is truly superb. Opens up at just the right time - you feel you've got a handle on what's going on and then new plots and new skills appear. As others have already said, there is much greater emphasis put on Ezio's story, and unlike Altair you actually care about him (making Altair's story the tale of a prick who needs to learn humility was a bad idea). I want to jump right back in and play more, which I can't say has happened as much as I'd like in recent days.

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

I'll chime in and say the same as others. An hour after i picked this one up i was having slight buyer's remorse. A little bored, not feeling it. After a few more hours....i popped it into the PS3 this morning for 30 minutes before work because i couldn't wait to finish the next mission just to see what the next twist was. I finished COD and Uncharted and i can see myself playing through this one. Three completions in a month is unheard of for me. Hell, three completions ever is probably a record.

They have really added some great components to make this game feel different than AC1. As others have said, much more immersed in the story than the last time.

For those who are further along than i, i assume there are times where you return to places you have already been? I know i missed a decent amount of stuff (feather's, etc) in the area i just left and am not sure if i should go back on my own or if i end up there again. Sorry for the vagueness, just don't want to say too much.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'll have to invest some more time because I played for about 40 minutes was bored out of my mind and shut it off. Tired of chasing his brother around and what not.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Oh, it ramps up very well after all that. I have to admit feeling a bit of 'familiarity' boredom during that section as well, but trust me...it gets ALOT better.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Finished the main story today, and I must say, this has been the most fun single player game I've ever owned. That story was absolutely fantastic. I haven't felt that rewarded in quite some time.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Danimal wrote:I'll have to invest some more time because I played for about 40 minutes was bored out of my mind and shut it off. Tired of chasing his brother around and what not.
:lol: ...I feel you. I was going to throw my controller at the wall doing that race with the brother...Glad I didnt give up cause after I got past that and a bit more of the dopey tutorial crap this thing has really taken off.
Teal wrote:Finished the main story today, and I must say, this has been the most fun single player game I've ever owned. That story was absolutely fantastic. I haven't felt that rewarded in quite some time.
I liked the first one alot and ACII is just a much more polished version of I....Im taking my time trying to do anything and everything.

Game meets the 34 standard...Its fun!

EZSnappin
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by EZSnappin »

I never finished games but couldn't stop playing this; too much fun. Sequels are supposed to improve on earlier iterations, but this makes the first look like a tech demo. Varied missions, all sorts of side things to do (I kept going back to places for viewpoints and treasures even after I was carrying around a quarter million, lobbing fistfuls left and right), different combat nuances and moves if you want 'em, etc. Easily the best thing I've played this year.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

My next purchase!

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

This has really been a solid purchase for me. While i don't have the same "can't wait to play it again" feeling as i did with Uncharted 2--that is not to say i don't have that feeling, just not as strong--when i am playing it i simply can't STOP. It has created that "just let me do one more thing and then i'll turn it off" mentality yet i end up doing ten or twenty more things and low and behold it's 1:00am. I'm nowhere near finished but am looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

thankful to check everyone's positive reviews of AC II.

I picked-up the first one last week, and look forward to playing both versions.

side note: finally made it from 'bench warmer' to 'utility infielder' :)

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

vinny-b wrote:thankful to check everyone's positive reviews of AC II.

I picked-up the first one last week, and look forward to playing both versions.

side note: finally made it from 'bench warmer' to 'utility infielder' :)
It's hilarious to think of you as a 'noob'...

I highly recommend playing through the first one before the second. The second won't make alot of sense without the timeline of the first. I plan on repurchasing the first one, in fact, just to keep continuity of story, and because this is going to be one hell of a series.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

I'll have to wait for Christmas to play this one but I did start getting back into the first one and forgot how damn cool that game was. I know it got a little repetitive but it's still a very good game. I'm looking forward to finishing it before I play the second one.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

ScoopBrady wrote:I'll have to wait for Christmas to play this one but I did start getting back into the first one and forgot how damn cool that game was. I know it got a little repetitive but it's still a very good game. I'm looking forward to finishing it before I play the second one.
If you remotely like the first one (and I'm with you, it's still a cool game), then the second one will blow you away.

STRONG HINT: DON'T SKIP THE CREDITS!

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

I'm playing the first one on a Game Access rental (Canada's version of GF)

I see why folks say it's repititive... Hopefully I can stick it out to the end, and ACII is under the Christmas tree...........

It's a neat experience thus far.
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Gangrel wrote:I'm playing the first one on a Game Access rental (Canada's version of GF)

I see why folks say it's repititive... Hopefully I can stick it out to the end, and ACII is under the Christmas tree...........

It's a neat experience thus far.
Skip all the nonessentials, and focus only on the story. It will be worth it once you get to ACII.

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

Teal wrote:It's hilarious to think of you as a 'noob'...
I highly recommend playing through the first one before the second. The second won't make alot of sense without the timeline of the first. I plan on repurchasing the first one, in fact, just to keep continuity of story, and because this is going to be one hell of a series.
thank you, bro. I will take the advice

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

Teal (or anyone),

Quick question. I never finished AC I and really don't have the desire, or time, to go back and finish. I found a video walk through online with the Abstergo parts seperate from the past clips. If i just watch those will i be caught up enough to understand things or do i need to watch the past events with Altair as well? Thoughts?

Thanks

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I never finished AC1 and it made enough sense to me to know what's going on. It was explained pretty well.

And for the record, I got bored in the middle of AC1 and never went back. I think I played AC2 straight through on a couple of sittings over a weekend. It was that good.

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

I never finished AC1 and it made enough sense to me to know what's going on. It was explained pretty well.

And for the record, I got bored in the middle of AC1 and never went back. I think I played AC2 straight through on a couple of sittings over a weekend. It was that good.
Thanks Terry. I'm pretty well into AC II and have a decent idea of what's up, but in just reading what some people have said i wasn't sure if watching the vids would give me a better picture of what's going on.

I agree though, good stuff. AC II has me pretty drawn in.

EZSnappin
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by EZSnappin »

I didn't finish the first one (came very close though - killed the last guy and got pissed at the endless combat that followed), but this IGN vid sums it up nicely:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW-WeIJ6nrg

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

Thanks. I think i'm good now. I actually just spent the last hour looking at vids, reading up, etc. Some people have REALLY put a lot of work into the messages in AC I. Wow. Some interesting stuff out there.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Im stuck at the 5th of 6 tombs...The one with the 4 floor tiles. Too much running and jumping without enough light.
I dont think you need these to finish the game( like collecting the feathers and the view points?) or do you?

Pretty cool game.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Dunno, but Altair's Armor was killer. I hated that particular tomb...

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

Dunno, but Altair's Armor was killer. I hated that particular tomb...
Not that i want you to elaborate, but did you just drop an accidental spoiler for some of us who aren't there yet? :?