War! Huh! Good God yall...what is it good for? CoD Thursday!

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

HipE
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by HipE »

RobVarak wrote:
Naples39 wrote:That is exactly how I play.
+I like to stay near the edges of a level so I only have one side to cover.
+Sprint across opening terrain, and slowly round 'busy' corners or corridors with gun ready.
+If you see someone looking away or moving away from you, DON'T fire until you know you can hit him multiple times and finish him off so he will no chance to return fire
+And the part that requires the most discipline--if you are in the open or stumble across someone who is a medium distance away and looking at you, DON'T try to shoot him. Sprint to the nearest cover instead. The odds that you can aim and kill him before he kills you are not good.
It's because of sneaky a-holes like you that I like to play Domination. Makes you come out and fight! :)
I think I'm going to be playing that myself from now on. I'm not sure if last night was an exception or the game is starting to change now that it has been out a week, but it really sucked for me. In the 3 matches I played, almost every player on my team and the opposition immediately climbed onto the nearest roof and just sat there the entire match, waiting to snipe. One match i played ended with a score of like 1500-1300, I think I was the only one killed on my team. To each his own, but I want to actually run and fight, not sit there for 10 minutes and hope maybe one or two people come into my line of sight.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

10spro wrote:
RobVarak wrote:
Naples39 wrote:That is exactly how I play.
+I like to stay near the edges of a level so I only have one side to cover.
+Sprint across opening terrain, and slowly round 'busy' corners or corridors with gun ready.
+If you see someone looking away or moving away from you, DON'T fire until you know you can hit him multiple times and finish him off so he will no chance to return fire
+And the part that requires the most discipline--if you are in the open or stumble across someone who is a medium distance away and looking at you, DON'T try to shoot him. Sprint to the nearest cover instead. The odds that you can aim and kill him before he kills you are not good.
It's because of sneaky a-holes like you that I like to play Domination. Makes you come out and fight! :)
:) :) That's correct Rob. Hate campers. :twisted: Will miss ya guys this week, going on vacation for a week.
Trust me, my style is the total opposite of campers. In many of my games I get the accolade for most ground sprinted/covered during the match, although at that point my performance suffers because I am running too much. However, whatever I was doing last night in our games with some DSP'ers wasn't working.

Strange that HipE mentioned a bunch of slow games last night because that is exactly what happened to us. People crouching in their little corner of the map. Of course I was too eager to oblige and ran headlong into their thicket of camp spots.

I'll just chalk it up to a one-off at this point, though when I run into those games with randoms I usually just quit and find another where both teams are actually attacking and moving.

HipE
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by HipE »

Yeah, I'll just chalk it up to a bad night. Good idea about backing out of matches since it doesn't take long to figure out how the match is being played. The problem I'm having is that I don't know the maps, and the only way I can learn them is by moving and exploring. If everyone is camping this is a sure way to die and never get any kills. Maybe I just need to play free for all until I can learn the maps a little better.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

HipE wrote:Yeah, I'll just chalk it up to a bad night. Good idea about backing out of matches since it doesn't take long to figure out how the match is being played. The problem I'm having is that I don't know the maps, and the only way I can learn them is by moving and exploring. If everyone is camping this is a sure way to die and never get any kills. Maybe I just need to play free for all until I can learn the maps a little better.
Rob and I agreed last night that the best way to learn maps is with domination mode. Gives you three nice big landmarks on your map and directs the traffic that way.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

I am having a ton of fun with this game! Like people here are mentioning, if you just leave the headset off and play for the sheer fun and excitement it's awesome. Is it a pure DSP strategic, slow shooter...nope. But it's a fun as hell addicting run and gun game.

Digging 'Domination' mode right now.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Diablo25 wrote:
TCrouch wrote:So when's the next one of the DSP shindigs?
What TC said :)
Thursday Night good with everyone? If so, I'll fire up a thread for it. I've been itching to get another DSP event in again, too. Last week's was a lot of fun, and now, folks have had the chance to 'power up' a little more, so it should prove to be a riot!

So...tomorrow night?
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

HipE wrote:Yeah, I'll just chalk it up to a bad night. Good idea about backing out of matches since it doesn't take long to figure out how the match is being played. The problem I'm having is that I don't know the maps, and the only way I can learn them is by moving and exploring. If everyone is camping this is a sure way to die and never get any kills. Maybe I just need to play free for all until I can learn the maps a little better.
They also added a gameplay type called "team deathmatch express" where the time & score limits are much lower. So, if your team is getting completely shelled, it'll be over quicker.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Stealing a couple posts from GWJ with great tips for starting out in MP:

From user Heavyfeul:
The kill cam still works good for me. The killcam becomes most useful when you start to really know the maps. Lately when I see a killcam I pretty much know exactly where the guy shot from. Popular camping spots are already forming and map flow is become standard.

For new people playing the game I can only suggest to give it a chance. If after twenty levels or so and you still cannot get a positive K/D ratio once in while in Mercenary TDM, then it will probably never click. There a few things that just do not come right away.

1. Use the HUD, but do not completely rely on it. Watch for muzzle flashes, places where teammates get killed, etc.
2. Learn the maps. It takes a while, but it will come.
3. Use an assault rifle with a noob tube, marathon, stopping power, and steady aim. Once you unlock the SCAR (lvl. 8), use that. It is to COD6 as the M16 was to COD4. A machine pistol as secondary with Steady Aim and Stopping Power is nearly as good as an SMG.
4. Do not go for the higher kill streak perks until much later. Go with UAV, Predator, Helo to start. Care Package is nice too. You sometimes get to use a high level killstream perk.

Pro-Tips

1. Lead your shots. Aim a bit ahead of your enemies movement direction
2. Stay behind you teammates. let them be the guinea pigs and it will show you where the enemy is shooting from
3. Keep the perimeter of the map behind you and stay to the outside. It protects your six
4. Only cross the map when your teammates form line of safety in front of you
5. If you get hit, run and hide if you can
6. If your team is getting slaughtered. Hang back and camp until the bullet tunnel breaks down
7. Keep moving. If you get a kill or two, move. The other team knows where you are and WILL get the drop on you eventually. If you move, they lose interest.

I think a lot of players giving up on the 360 version just jumped into multiplayer with a lot of trepidation and it became a self fulfilling prophecy. The game IS noob friendly. I cam from COD2 on the PC to COD4 on the console without much problem. It just took some time to get used to the game. Any online shooter you are unfamiliar with will be a trial by fire at the start.
And Thin_J:
Who wants to guess which of the "Accolade" awards I get most at the end of a match?

Most Stationary Kills.

I believe I've gotten that one almost 30 times now.

But to be clear, that's not hiding in a corner and waiting for someone to pass, that's staying in the same basic area of the map for long portions of time. And I do that regularly. Some maps (Estate, Terminal, Scrapyard, and Rust) allow you to hover in one relatively small area and keep an eye on large portions of the map. Pick your position right and you get great firing lanes across the map, reasonable cover, and more than one exit to run from if you start to get overwhelmed.

There are other maps (Karachi, Underpass, Invasion, Quarry, Derail, Favela, Rundown) that make it more difficult if you aren't really choosy with where you spend your time. They make it hard to put a solid surface at your back and still keep an eye on your approaches. There's simply too many places to get shot from no matter where you are. On those maps you have to sort of dedicate yourself to a larger portion of the map and be willing to float around a little.

But my big thing is playing cautiously. I find that when I run head on into the fight I don't do well. If I take a more measured approach I do much better and have way more effect on my team's chances at victory.

Generally if you hear me pissing and moaning about something it's probably because I've gotten out of my groove and started trying to play the twitch game, and that's simply not the part I'm good at. If I keep making the other team play my game instead of trying to play theirs, I always do much better.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Dolphins game is on tomorrow night, which means I may show up a little late.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

greggsand wrote:
They also added a gameplay type called "team deathmatch express" where the time & score limits are much lower. So, if your team is getting completely shelled, it'll be over quicker.
I'm pretty sure TDM Express just shortens the intermission time, not the match time.

skinsfan
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by skinsfan »

I will suggest Ninja as Perk 3 for anyone,as it disables heartbeat monitors.
This is almost essential in CQC and any objective game.

I might add that the AA-12 is the truth,especially in CQC.

Riot Shield is a blast,especially if more than one person on a team has it.
Good for tight spaces.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Have a soccer game tomorrow at 9pm but will be on around 11pm. I'm really enjoying online even though I am pretty much hopeless. :)

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Naples39 wrote:
greggsand wrote:
I'm pretty sure TDM Express just shortens the intermission time, not the match time.
Oh... Well, I like my idea better...
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

So I finally got to try the heartbeat sensor for a few rounds last night, and I have to say it's not the revolutionary experience you might expect.

IW did several things to balance/gimp this weapon. You can't see the scans when you are sprinting or aiming down the sights, it doesn't have a very far scan range, it only scans what's in front of you, and the scans are fairly slow with pauses in between meaning you will find yourself stopping and waiting. On top of that, a heartbeat scan isn't nearly as informative as a UAV, which is overlayed onto a map with buildings so you see exactly where the person is.

Honestly, I did worse using the heartbeat scanner because it was a major distraction, and the information received from it wasn't good enough to overcome the distraction factor.

It can definitely be utilized, say if you're a slow player, or maybe in domination to quickly scan the area when approaching a checkpoint, but I see my future use of the scanner as pretty limited. Another strategy is to ignore it until you hear a beep (signaling it scanned an enemy), then quickly look to see where that enemy generally is (ie he's somewhere in that building).

Another thing I did last night was some noob-tubing. After picking up someone's weapon and quickly routing a four person rush by the opposing team with two grenade shots, I thought hmmmm, maybe I haven't been using this enough. If I determine there's a weapon with iron sights I can live with, maybe I willl noob-tube it and use the scavenger perk so that I can refill my grenade ammo after every kill.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

What's the 'noob-tube'?
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Just a guess, I'm assuming he's talking about a Grenade Launcher attachment, but I can't be certain. I've wondered that myself when reading it somewhere else.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Yeah, 'noob-tube' means the grenade launcher attachment to a gun (unlocked at 10 kills with each weapon).

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Yes, nothing gets the teenie boppers in more of tizzy than noob-tubing them.

They all act as if the noob-tube is some kind of super weapon that they all don't use by mutual agreement and respect for one another. Usual the biggest such complainers are the guys that just finished 'glitching' so they can run around under the level where you can't shoot them, or are adjusting their modded controllers to turn single shot weapons into full-auto weapons.

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Naples39 wrote:Yes, nothing gets the teenie boppers in more of tizzy than noob-tubing them.

They all act as if the noob-tube is some kind of super weapon that they all don't use by mutual agreement and respect for one another. Usual the biggest such complainers are the guys that just finished 'glitching' so they can run around under the level where you can't shoot them, or are adjusting their modded controllers to turn single shot weapons into full-auto weapons.
Well put. In one one extended session with MP, I was blessed with a pretty quiet group until the last round. And even those guys were mostly BSing about a friend of theirs who was split off on the other team.

I'm sure I'll come across my share of whiners and bitching but so far it's been good.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I was able to play MP for a couple of hours last night. I picked Mercenary Team Deathmatch, and overall it was very quiet and free of a lot of shenanigans. The last match I played had one guy who was swearing and complaining, but even then not very much. Mostly everybody went about their killing quietly. :D

I also didn't find it that hard to jump in. I was the lowest level guy by far and was in rooms with guys 30+. After getting my bearings for a few matches, I started getting 1:1 kill-to-death ratios by the end of the night. I made it to level 5 and I'm sure if I'd had another 30 minutes I could have gotten the red sight unlocked.

I know against more coordinated foes, I would have done much worse, but Mercenary Team Deathmatch made it pretty easy to level up and learn the maps a little.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Naples39 wrote:Yes, nothing gets the teenie boppers in more of tizzy than noob-tubing them.

Well, we all found out last night that you know exactly what noob-tubing is, Naples-I was a greasy spot on the ground more than I was anything else, thanks to you! :lol:
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Teal wrote:

Well, we all found out last night that you know exactly what noob-tubing is, Naples-I was a greasy spot on the ground more than I was anything else, thanks to you! :lol:
Yeah, I only used it for a round or 2 but it is kinda fun. One of the fun new features of MW2 is that dead bodies will now be sent flying by explosions, and I recall at least once last night seeing your body fly through the air at my initiation. :twisted:

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

A tip for those looking to level up quickly, play Headquarters. You get 250 points every time your team captures the Headquarters and +10 every so often for holding it. Combine that with the challenges and you can really level up pretty quickly.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Anyone find it weird there is no driving in the multiplayer? At least an option for it
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"