War! Huh! Good God yall...what is it good for? CoD Thursday!

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

War! Huh! Good God yall...what is it good for? CoD Thursday!

Post by Teal »

Yes, it's good for something, all right-good for swiss cheesing your buddies in Modern Warfare 2! Tonight, let's get some CoD blood flowing, boys! 10:30pm eastern start time, and the room will be open for JIP'ing (joining in progress, for the uninitiated) if you can't make it right then.

Let's get a head count-who's in?
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

I'll be there.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I will join you, assuming I can locate my copy of the game that was supposedly delivered to my building yesterday.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I've only played single player and a big of Spec Ops, but I'm a maybe at least.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Please keep an eye out for me!
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

I'm going to try like hell. I have yet to go online so i am good for boosting kill stats for others.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Bears game, but I'll pop on afterward if you're still around.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I will definitely try and be on. Looking forward to it.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

I will be there.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

If the Bears are down by 20+ at half as usual i will be on.

If no then later, although I feel like I am cheating on Dragon Age, Maker bless us.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

I will *likely* be on.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

I'm going to try to join in later in the evening if folks are still around, like around 8:30 or 9pm PST.

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

Fshguy says he'll be able to join as well.

btmmayor
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by btmmayor »

I hope to make it as well.

Sport73
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sport73 »

Certainly going to try to jump on...
Sport73

"Can't we all just get along? I'll turn this car around RIGHT now!"

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Thank you, Infinity Ward, for putting classic poker night back on the DSP menu! Damn that was fun, boys-can't wait to do it again soon!

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Why can't they make it so you could earn XP in a private room? I'm sitting there looking down iron sights with crap weapons and can't even change loadouts? I just wasn't feeling it. Wife got home and asked me for some help, it was easy for me to just take off and help out.

Through 3 days, I'm just not feeling this one at all. I think I'm the only one on the planet that feels it's so similar to the last one that I'm already bored.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

TCrouch wrote: Through 3 days, I'm just not feeling this one at all. I think I'm the only one on the planet that feels it's so similar to the last one that I'm already bored.
That is what makes MW2 so great. Same everything from the first one but much improved (it still isn't perfect e.g. the party chat crap). I'm absolutely loving this game once again. If the in-game stats are too be believed I've already put 18+ hours into this thing and I just can't stop!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Son of a...I fell asleep early last night (haven't been feeling well) and missed poker night. Damnit. Sorry fellas, I wanted to be there but my lazy ass dozed off. Oh well, keep me in mind for the next session. I WANT to be a part of it! I am moving into my new house next week so I hope that doesn't keep me out of the loop.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

TCrouch wrote:Why can't they make it so you could earn XP in a private room? I'm sitting there looking down iron sights with crap weapons and can't even change loadouts? I just wasn't feeling it. Wife got home and asked me for some help, it was easy for me to just take off and help out.

Through 3 days, I'm just not feeling this one at all. I think I'm the only one on the planet that feels it's so similar to the last one that I'm already bored.
Because goobers would just go into private rooms, and max out. And the similarities to the first one are welcome for me; couple that with what IS new, and I'm thrilled. Sorry you're not, but to each his own.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It was nice to see a room of DSP'ers playing this game. Mac, 'Search and Destroy' was interesting, it's intense, no spawning until the next mission, but watching it too often as a spectator it's no fun. :) But it sure goe fast.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Teal wrote:Because goobers would just go into private rooms, and max out. And the similarities to the first one are welcome for me; couple that with what IS new, and I'm thrilled. Sorry you're not, but to each his own.
Fair enough, but if guys can come into a private room with red dot sights and perks earned from playing randoms, that's pretty jacked. Seeing the first person view with the perks assigned and whatnot on some guys after I died was eye-opening.

So it forces you to go play a bunch of snot-nosed punks who will use racial slurs every 3 seconds in order to have a selection of weapons or loadouts in a private room? Just open up everything in a private room since you're not earning XP, then.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

TCrouch wrote:
Fair enough, but if guys can come into a private room with red dot sights and perks earned from playing randoms, that's pretty jacked. Seeing the first person view with the perks assigned and whatnot on some guys after I died was eye-opening.
Terry,

I was absolutey pissed about this exact issue last night. Mac was lvl 35 versus my lvl 1 and kept icing me with his Star Wars heart sensor rifle.

Then I realized two things. First, die enough and you get the perk where you can take the loadout of the guy who kills you. Secondly, he does drop those weapons when he dies.

It got to where I was just stalking him in deathmatch so I could pick his clean his remains. :twisted:
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I think it would be a good option to be able to unlock everything in private rooms.

With randoms, I never play with a headset anymore and (thankfully) can barely hear what those jackasses are saying. If anyone is particularly annoying, they get muted.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

TCrouch wrote:
Teal wrote:Because goobers would just go into private rooms, and max out. And the similarities to the first one are welcome for me; couple that with what IS new, and I'm thrilled. Sorry you're not, but to each his own.

So it forces you to go play a bunch of snot-nosed punks who will use racial slurs every 3 seconds in order to have a selection of weapons or loadouts in a private room? Just open up everything in a private room since you're not earning XP, then.
I don't know what you're experiencing, but most of my random games, no one talks. At all. And that's fine with me, really. I don't have a problem with opening everything up in private matches; I think that's probably a good idea. But I also don't have a problem playing public matches, either, to get the stuff.
And Rob is right-stalking Mac is a good strategy... :lol: