Borderlands

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Talk about being weak. With Uncharted 2, Madden, both NHL's, Fifa and Shift, I wasn't going to fall for it. But at BB and Future Shop the game was selling for $40 only this week. Picked it up and will get some time this coming weekend.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

Doesn't seem like too many are interested in this one - and those that have have already picked it up - but here are my impressions.

Overall it is a clever mix of COD, WoW and a bit of Fallout 3. If you enjoy the types of quests given in WoW but would rather shoot things with cool looking guns and have your own skill play a very important role then this might be your game. I've leveled up to 15 with a Beserker, playing with a group of four and had a blast. The loot drops from enemies are almost identical to an MMORPG with varying rarity based on randomness and enemy difficulty. Just like in WoW (which granted I only played til lvl 40 or so and then quit) I spent some time discussing loot drops with the friends in my group, trying to maximize everyones effectiveness and also get people weapons or items they could later sell for cooler gear. There is a lot of room for improvement in this system however. It'd be cool to see the characters appearance change over time just like in WoW for example.

This really would be the PERFECT game for the PC. Especially a true MMORPG type experience. It'd be so much fun to storm an enemy base with a big group of 30+ people - guns blazing, grenades being tossed, tanks blasting - so cool!

The good: Quality FPS gun play. Awesome loot system. Unique art style.

The bad: The game world is pretty boring. I've never been a fan of "wastelands" as an environment. Maybe it's because I live in SoCal and the desert motiff is all around me but some other type of environment would've been more to my tastes. You see a lot of the same types of enemies. If Gearbox created a cool AI to generate all the weird guns it would have been nice to see the same kind of mish mashing to create weird or unique bad guys. As it is you'll see a billion skags, a million bandits and a bunch of rakks. I haven't yet come across the Spiderants but I'm sure i'll be seeing a tons of those too :)

Final Thoughts: This will be a nice FPS time killer until COD:MW2 hits the shelves. As soon as it does though I'll probably be selling it back to GameStop for credit.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

My GF copy arrived at the end of last week and all I can say is this game flat-out kicks ass. Hours fly by like minutes just looking for that next big gun or shield. Why hasn't a FPS loot drop been done before this? Co-op with Terry and Danimal was a lot of fun too. This game really came out of nowhere for me. Good stuff.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yeah I've been having a blast with it. Just barely hit level 21 I think and had to fight some huge Skag which was fun. I haven't co-op'd much, though.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Got it from GF. Not feeling it. I think it's more the 'Mad Max' stuff I just don't like. Got tired of Fallout 3 rather quickly as well. To be honest, though, Fallout 3's slow-mo-targeting system was better than all the numbers flying around while I'm shooting someone. Might be more fun with friends (most games are, no matter what they are), but still, with MW2 and possibly L4d2, I just don't see me playing it all.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Teal and I are opposites.. I LOVE THIS GAME, WOW!!!

I'm going to play this game for the next few weeks, easy!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Borderlands

Post by pk500 »

I'm reviving this thread like Lazarus rising from the dead, but I'm really enjoying Borderlands as a BC title on the One.

Never played a Borderlands game on the 360 or the One, and I missed out. Digging this. Grateful for the chance to play it.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425