NBA Live 10 Demo (360)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NBA Live 10 Demo (360)

Post by JackB1 »

anyone try this one out yet? impressions?

there has been so many releases lately, this one seems to have slipped under the radar.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NBA Live 10 Demo (360)

Post by dbdynsty25 »

JackB1 wrote:anyone try this one out yet? impressions?

there has been so many releases lately, this one seems to have slipped under the radar.
No, it's just that per usual, it's behind even last years NBA 2k. It's okay...it's better than last years Live, but still, they've got a ton of work to do to catch up to 2k.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

In a word NBA Live 10 is....

...crap.

At least that is how I feel about the demo.

miget33
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by miget33 »

Downloaded it, played it once, then deleted it.

That should say it all.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:

No, it's just that per usual, it's behind even last years NBA 2k. It's okay...it's better than last years Live, but still, they've got a ton of work to do to catch up to 2k.
I thought Live 09 was actually fun last year. I'll no doubt be getting 2K10 but it'll be on the PC again. Last years game looked and played awesome on the PC.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Rodster wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:

I thought Live 09 was actually fun last year. I'll no doubt be getting 2K10 but it'll be on the PC again. Last years game looked and played awesome on the PC.
I also choose Live09 over 2K9 last year. I thought Live09 was a "fun" game and I also thought 09's version was HUGELY improved over year's past. The Live DNA is a great feature, as if the ability to replay completed NBA games with the same DNA.

Live10 seems very similar to Live09, which is a good thing. When playing the demo, Kobe and D. Howard played just like their real life counterparts. So much so, it was scary. I am not sure what improvements Live10 is over Live09, but hopefully they didn't go backwards.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Ah, hell, I really liked the demo. People will gravitate to whatever cranks their tractor, of course. I like the 2K series, as well. I don't think Live 10 is crap, at least not by the demo. So, there's my take. Will I buy it? Probably not, as I don't give a hoot in hell about the NBA in general. But if the college game is like this one, I'll get that, most likely.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Teal wrote:Ah, hell, I really liked the demo. People will gravitate to whatever cranks their tractor, of course. I like the 2K series, as well. I don't think Live 10 is crap, at least not by the demo. So, there's my take. Will I buy it? Probably not, as I don't give a hoot in hell about the NBA in general. But if the college game is like this one, I'll get that, most likely.
I guess you have to live in Alabama to fully appreciate that. :lol:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Rodster wrote:
Teal wrote:Ah, hell, I really liked the demo. People will gravitate to whatever cranks their tractor, of course. I like the 2K series, as well. I don't think Live 10 is crap, at least not by the demo. So, there's my take. Will I buy it? Probably not, as I don't give a hoot in hell about the NBA in general. But if the college game is like this one, I'll get that, most likely.
Yeah, or at least somewhere in the south (except Florida, which is just a bunch of retired Michigan, Maryland, and Ohio folks)... :wink:
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Teal wrote: Yeah, or at least somewhere in the south (except Florida, which is just a bunch of retired Michigan, Maryland, and Ohio folks)... :wink:
that's South Florida.... and there's also a sh*tload of New Yorkers and New Jersey-ers there too! Everything halfway up FL is as southern as you can get. But I don't think anything beats Mississippi, if we're talking pure "southern culture".

EZSnappin
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by EZSnappin »

Teal wrote:
Rodster wrote:
Yeah, or at least somewhere in the south (except Florida, which is just a bunch of retired Michigan, Maryland, and Ohio folks)... :wink:
Us crazy redneck northerners appreciate the metaphor too!

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

I guess the fact that half of this thread is dedicated to discussing southern expressions says a lot about the excitement level for this title.

For what it's worth I checked the demo out and I see a lot of potential with what they're trying to do with the right stick and animations but it just isn't being executed very good just yet. It seems very choppy from one animation to another and clunky. If they can get this new system down where it is smooth then Live can be something special. I liked 09 a lot but this one is a step in a new direction. Unfortunately that means they likely won't get where they're going for another 2 releases.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

Rodster wrote:
I was gonna say the same thing but you beat me to it. Teal should put that in his sig.
"Be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller, and contains less potential for unexpected delirium." -Nick Hornby

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I had a chance to play the demo and it was fun just like last year. The problem is it feels like last year's game as well and given that EA has done this on several occasions i'm a little skeptical. ;)

3's are almost automatic in the game with a star like Kobe or Vince Carter. The stadiums look nice and the commentary sounds great and natural. I saw some new animations thrown in and the skill stick is insane and easy to use. I really like the game but I still have NBA Live 09.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

fyi, game will be priced at $49.99 @ Best Buy the first week of it's release.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

IGN has their Live 10 review out and they are impressed.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/103/1030967p1.html
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I've really enjoyed the last year of EA Sports games with FIFA, NHL, Fight Night, Grand Slam, Tiger, Madden, and NCAA Football all among my favorites ever so I'm giving Live a chance for the first time in 4 or 5 years. I like the demo, the impressions seem positive, and the $10 off at Best Buy is nice too. Plus, almost all 2K major sports games drop $20 in price within 6 weeks and I can always fall back to 2K10 if need be.

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

sportdan30 wrote:fyi, game will be priced at $49.99 @ Best Buy the first week of it's release.
Dan, thanks for the tip! :D

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

grtwhtsk wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:fyi, game will be priced at $49.99 @ Best Buy the first week of it's release.
Great. Now pick me up a copy because I'm sick with the flu... :cry:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

sportdan30 wrote:
grtwhtsk wrote:
Hope it's not the swine flu. 8O

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Rodster wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:
grtwhtsk wrote: Dan, thanks for the tip! :D
Hope it's not the swine flu. 8O
It is the swine flu. Both my kids and I both have it. My wife is going insane. I think she may leave us....

On a more serious note, this swine flu sucks! If I knew how bad it was, I'd most definitely get the vaccine.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Holy crap sorry to hear that Dan. Our thoughts are with you and your family for a speedy recovery. We've had people die from that down here in Florida, in fact recently a college kid died from H1N1, pretty scary.

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

sportdan30 wrote:
grtwhtsk wrote:
Sorry to hear that Dan. Get well soon man.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:Holy crap sorry to hear that Dan. Our thoughts are with you and your family for a speedy recovery. We've had people die from that down here in Florida, in fact recently a college kid died from H1N1, pretty scary.
Way to cheer him up. :roll:

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Rodster wrote:Holy crap sorry to hear that Dan. Our thoughts are with you and your family for a speedy recovery. We've had people die from that down here in Florida, in fact recently a college kid died from H1N1, pretty scary.
Way to cheer him up. :roll:
That's ok. Rodster will be the first to know when I die. :wink:

My daughter, who's 5 was the first to get it. She gave it to my son, who's 7. They both had a day in which they ran fevers as high as 105. At the time, I was well, and we gave them multiple baths. It was scary, primarily because my son has seasonal asthma which puts him in a high risk category. They both have run fevers though for the past three days.

In any case, my daughter seems to be fine now, and my son is slowly getting better. I myself am running a low grade fever. But I'll tell you what. I had no fever when I came home from work yesterday, and for the first few hours I felt like complete crap. It was only after a few hours that my temperature rose. But this swine flu stinks, because you don't have to have a fever to have the chills, awful cough, headache, weakness, etc. I'm on Tamiflu and I really think it is helping. Fyi, we gave it to my kids, and my daughter had a really strange reaction, which we now found out to be common. She was real slow at comprehending what we were asking her. It was frightening, and was told by our pediatrician to take them off immediately.

By the way, I went to work yesterday because I thought I had a sinus infection only. So, if any of you start having symptoms of sinuses, be aware. Had frickin' horrible headache all day and night yesterday.

So, has anyone picked up this game?