NFL Season 2009

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

dougb wrote:ugh,

Patriots really fluked that win.

Dick Jauron you are the definition of suckitude.

Best wishes,

Doug
Just curious how it's his fault that some dick head returns the ball out of the end zone with the hands team on the filed with around 2 minutes left and then fumbles?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dougb
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dougb »

Danimal wrote:

Best wishes,

Doug
Just curious how it's his fault that some dick head returns the ball out of the end zone with the hands team on the filed with around 2 minutes left and then fumbles?
It seems like the well coached teams don't make that kind of error. That's an error that shows a lack of discipline. Of course it's always possible that he was instructed to take a knee if it was kicked into the end zone and decided to run it out anyway.

Best wishes,

Doug
"Every major sport has come under the influence of organized crime. FIFA actually is organized crime" - Charles Pierce

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dougb wrote:
Danimal wrote:

Best wishes,

Doug
It seems like the well coached teams don't make that kind of error. That's an error that shows a lack of discipline. Of course it's always possible that he was instructed to take a knee if it was kicked into the end zone and decided to run it out anyway.

Best wishes,

Doug
As a longtime Bills' fan, Bobby Aprile is one of the best special teams coaches in the NFL. I would be very surprised if he told McKelvin to return that kick if it went deep.

I'm bewildered. The Bills' pass defense was sh*t when it counted, and the Bills committed too many penalties on both sides of the ball. But damn it, they had this game and let it slip away.

I'm also worried about the injuries to Schobel and Posluszny.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

Danimal wrote:Possibly the worst Bears game I've witnessed in some time. I wouldn't feel too good if i were the Packers either, you get 4 INTs and you should of stomped your opponent.
Feels pretty good to me :) A win is a win.

I feel bad about Urlacher though. I always hate to see players go down for the year in the first week of the season.
-Matt

davet010
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by davet010 »

This is not strictly an 09 post, but what's the big deal with Mangini potentially being investigated for not putting The Great I Am (Favre) on the Jets injury report last year ?

Who is this report actually for ?

Seems a bit OTT if it's for the media, it can't be for the bookies, so what's the purpose of it ? In soccer, usually the only stipulation is that each team has to hand the ref a teamsheet no later than an hour before kickoff.
"The players come from all over the world, the money from deep underneath the Persian Gulf, but, as another, older City poster campaign put it, this is their city. They may now exist in the global spotlight, but they intend to keep it that way."

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

davet010 wrote:This is not strictly an 09 post, but what's the big deal with Mangini potentially being investigated for not putting The Great I Am (Favre) on the Jets injury report last year ?

Who is this report actually for ?

Seems a bit OTT if it's for the media, it can't be for the bookies, so what's the purpose of it ? In soccer, usually the only stipulation is that each team has to hand the ref a teamsheet no later than an hour before kickoff.
The stated purpose is to allow a level playing field for all teams regarding knowledge of an upcoming opponent's health status. In reality, it's for the bookies.

I seem to recall some discussion of this in the superb "America's Game" by Michael MacCambridge. Highly recommended for info about the early days of the league and Pete Rozelle fans. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Americas-Game-Foo ... 0375504540
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Mark Sanchez is damn impressive. Some really tight throws in the red zone. Too bad that a TD throw is getting called back.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I can't put my finger on it but NE doesn't look like the same dominant team the last few years. They now look vulnerable and they are committing stupid penalties uncharacteristic of NE of old. For example 2 delay of games deep in Jets territory.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:I can't put my finger on it but NE doesn't look like the same dominant team the last few years. They now look vulnerable and they are committing stupid penalties uncharacteristic of NE of old. For example 2 delay of games deep in Jets territory.
Injuries. It's actually really easy to put your finger on it. :D

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

7 points in 2 games. It doesnt get any better than that.

That Bulger to Avery combination will result in many pathetic offensive showings in the weeks to come... Avery has a 2 game fumbles lost streak he can try to extend next week vs the Packers.

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

It will be real interesting to see how NE plays next week against the Falcons. The Falcons look good on offense, but are still suspect in the secondary. Mike Peterson was a great pickup at LB.

3-0 would be incredible heading into the bye for ATL. I would settle for 2-1. but it does not get easier down the line.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I can't get over how poised Mark Sanchez has played the last 2 games. He's playing like a Brett Favre clone. I know the draft is typically a crap shoot but the Jets have finally found the next Namath.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

XXXIV wrote:7 points in 2 games. It doesnt get any better than that.

That Bulger to Avery combination will result in many pathetic offensive showings in the weeks to come... Avery has a 2 game fumbles lost streak he can try to extend next week vs the Packers.
And the Rams still almost won, with more than 100 yards fewer of total offense than the Skins. Actually, they had a closer margin of yards than in last year's game, which they did win.

Zorn is not building confidence in his team or the fans with this zany playcalling. Three times inside the ten, and no TDs. Ouch. Felt like a home draw to a much weaker team, not a win. This defense is much better on 3rd and short than 3rd and long. Frustrating.

But hey, a W is a W and it mght look a lot better in six or eight weeks. It was a beatiful day out there, at least!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Zeppo wrote: Felt like a home draw to a much weaker team, not a win.
:lol:

Well as the Skins were 1 of the Rams 2 wins last year this game was one of the games I had marked as winable on the schedule...so I was actually quite dissapointed(not very suprised after the 00 last week) with the 7 spot they put up. It does not bode well for the rest of the season as I am rethinking which games are winnable and now have them with 2 wins again this year maybe. If they get some luck. :cry: :P :lol:

Btw...Grats to Warner on that record.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Sweet win for the Bears. Perhaps there is some consolation and there will be some football worth watching for me this year.

Was it just me or did the Steeler kicker look like he was about to cry? They kept showing him and he looked like someone had just given his puppy to Vick.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

F.Gore just run the ball down to our throats, and this is the team that just 27 yards last week? Seahawks need to stay sharp despite some early injuries including M. Hasselbeck with a rib injury. Doesn't look good for Matt, but SEA can't think about last year's misery without him, Tatupu's loss is big too, Locklear, and all of the sudden this is starting to look way too familiar.

Bring on those Bears that upset The Steelers today.

HipE
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by HipE »

XXXIV wrote:Sweet win for the Bears. Perhaps there is some consolation and there will be some football worth watching for me this year.

Was it just me or did the Steeler kicker look like he was about to cry? They kept showing him and he looked like someone had just given his puppy to Vick.
Haha, those shots of Reed didn't exactly give me confidence that he would have won the game for the Steelers if he got another chance.

Cutler made some very nice throws today, I can see why people get excited about him. I can also see why Turner isn't the most popular offensive coordinator. He took conservative playcalling to a whole new level today.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

XXXIV wrote:7 points in 2 games. It doesnt get any better than that.

Remind me next week to spend my time doing something else. :)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:I can't put my finger on it but NE doesn't look like the same dominant team the last few years. They now look vulnerable and they are committing stupid penalties uncharacteristic of NE of old. For example 2 delay of games deep in Jets territory.
Pats are one brain fart by McKelvin away from 0-2. That would have been lovely. But I'll take 1-1, too.

Belichick was pure class in his post-game handshake with Rex Ryan, too. Basically slapped his hand with no eye contact and ran away. Quality.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:
Pats are one brain fart by McKelvin away from 0-2. That would have been lovely. But I'll take 1-1, too.

Belichick was pure class in his post-game handshake with Rex Ryan, too. Basically slapped his hand with no eye contact and ran away. Quality.

Take care,
PK
The Pats have been raided and stripped clean including the hire of Pioli by KC. If the Pats begin a fast decent this year and into next year don't rule out an early retirement by Hoody.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Texans v Titans was the best game I watched today....Titans went up by 2 scores at 14-0 in the first quarter and it looked like Week 1 squared for the Texans after the Jets debacle last week. Texans took a punch in the mouth and came back with more of their own on the road. Best Texans win I have witnessed yet as they would have been on the ropes at 0-2 with NO momentum just like last year. Andre Johnson is freaky good and Matt Schaub showed how good he is if he gets time to throw.....

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Philip Rivers was unstoppable, so when the Chargers need to convert a 4th down, they...run. Worst playcall I saw today.

How about Cincy beating Green Bay at home? That was almost as satisfying as seeing the Bears come back. Although Cedric Benson can still eat a bag of dicks.

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Good night, Jerry. :lol:

Go Giants! :D

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Will New Orleans score 600 total points this season? Hell, that offense is a treat to watch.

Oh, and the Bills must try to stop it this Sunday. Ouch.

Take care,
PK

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Most impressive win to me was the Jets over the Pats. Two weeks in a row they have clamped down on very good offensive teams. I love their aggressiveness, too -- sending the house at Brady on the final play says a lot about their style and their confidence. It'll be interesting how they handle Chris Johnson next week and the Saints the week after that.

Biggest surprise would be the Niners at 2-0. I wonder if Singletary has been dropping his pants to fire up the team again.