NHL10: DSP EASHL (360) Sophomoric Edition

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Should we keep the same Name/Jersey?

Yes. Good, bad, or ugly, it's our identity.
30%
No. Nothing endures but change.
50%
The Non-commital. Keep them the same, but choose an alternate to mix in.
No votes
Undecided. Take a look after the game drops and we see our other options.
20%

Total votes: 10

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NHL10: DSP EASHL (360) Sophomoric Edition

Post by GameSeven »

Sign-ups:

Code: Select all

#    GamerTag       Preferred Positions 
--   --------       ------------------- 
3    CP Zeppo       LD, C, RW 
7    GameSe7en      LW, C, RD, G 
9    Rally71        F 
10   10spro         all 
13   MacMan858      G, LD 
14   The Praxis     RW, RD
16   nyisles16      all
19   MizzouRah0971  LW, LD
21   Ace EZ         all 
29   vader29        C, RW, LW 
34   XXXIV 34       RW, LW 
39   Naples39       RD, RW 
44   ddtrane        all
45   The Zlax45     RW, LW 
66   Danimal66      all 
73   Sport73        RW, RD, G 
92   Scoop Brady    all 
?    JackB1         all
?    Data Badger    all
?    TriangleMaster all

More than positions, it's probably a good idea to keep our numbers distinct.  If I get any wrong above, please followup to let me know.
Last edited by GameSeven on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:53 am, edited 19 times in total.

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Ok, so Ace's email convinced me to get the ball rolling on this.

We're getting the band back together so let's see if we can play nicely alongside a rejuvenated and online-franchise empowered Madden.

While the jury may be out on the EASHL Marketplace, I don't expect it to dampen team enthusiasm for this title as NHL09 had legs for nearly the full 12-month cycle.

In the event that team assembly is little changed from last year, let's start some sign-ups so invites can be sent out.

While roles were pretty fluid last year and we still need to see how/if 10 changes things, feel free to state your preferred position or type if you like.

Also, PMs if you're interested in co-administration are welcome. We had a few last year and it helps with mid-year invites and setting up private rooms and the like.

Lastly, while I seem to recall hearing that custom jerseys are not in the EASHL this year Image, should we give thought to a new color scheme? Last year, I chose the uniform based upon closeness of the colors to the DSP standard. Are most of you wanting something fresh? While we can wait until the title drops, early discussion about team name and jersey is encouraged.

Alright, that's enough for now. Looking forward to this one (and some bleary eyed nights) with you all.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

I'm in as you may expect. I like to play LD of course, but I also want to do more C and RW play than I ended up doing by the end.

I liked the unis last time exactly because the colors matched the DSP standards, and they were so not flashy and so uninteresting that we never ever saw them on any other team, ever. I thought you found the perfect choice.

But hey, whatever works. I know some people didn't like the color scheme, but then again I think one of those was MacMan, and you can tell from one glance at his goalie pads, he's not one to trust with these kinds of things! :P

Also I liked the name, but again, whatever works.

I expect the early week or two of this game will see us have plenty for private games all the time. Only after the sloughing off really begins will we need to venture into the matchmaking system that is the EASHL. I don't know what to expect from the changes to the EASHL but the pay-to-upgrade stuff doesn't worry me too much. I doubt those bonuses will really have that big an impact, but I could be wrong. We'll see.

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

I'm in.. doesn't matter what position..

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I'd like to play again, probably at RD or RW.

I'd vote for new uniform selections, but I don't care that much.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'd like to play
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

I don't care what position I play but I usually play winger and set up Seven all the time.
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

In once again. Any forward position is good with me as long as a 4% face off won percentage is acceptable to everyone when i man the middle. 8O

WillHunting
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by WillHunting »

I would like to join up too. I like to play right side (wing or D), but left is okay too.
+++++++++++++++
Gamertag: The Praxis
+++++++++++++++

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Any position baby. I thought I would enjoy mostly playing forward but being a defensive rusher is fun as well. Hope we get enough people to have private games. Thanks for setting this up, G7.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

RallyMonkey wrote:In once again. Any forward position is good with me as long as a 4% face off won percentage is acceptable to everyone when i man the middle. 8O
Yeah, that's a tricky position. I found out that you need like almost 95+ points to have a higher win%, and it should be more on timing and good positioning.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

In ...Zorba is back to play RW/LW PF the Chicago way.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

In terms of the unis, I thought the Swedish blue and bright yellow stood out when we played against some other clubs. That would be my preference, what do you guys think?

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

10spro wrote:In terms of the unis, I thought the Swedish blue and bright yellow stood out when we played against some other clubs. That would be my preference, what do you guys think?
My only problem with that is that I'm not Swedish. The national team jerseys are not well done at all, either. Now, if I were Swedish, and they got the real national team jersey in the game, with the three crowns instead of the swedish flag on the thing, then I'd be all for it, but, you know, none of those things is going to come true.

I voted the bottom one, wait and see, but then I realized I should have voted 'noncommital.' Some kind of rotation is always good.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Easy choice for me. I love that movie and throwback uniforms.

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

I'd like to lose the powder blue, but keep the Nivea patch. Perhaps a pinkish hue for 2010? :lol:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Zeppo wrote:
10spro wrote:In terms of the unis, I thought the Swedish blue and bright yellow stood out when we played against some other clubs. That would be my preference, what do you guys think?
My only problem with that is that I'm not Swedish. The national team jerseys are not well done at all, either. Now, if I were Swedish, and they got the real national team jersey in the game, with the three crowns instead of the swedish flag on the thing, then I'd be all for it, but, you know, none of those things is going to come true.

I voted the bottom one, wait and see, but then I realized I should have voted 'noncommital.' Some kind of rotation is always good.
I hear ya. And I didn't mean to wear the Swedish National jersey per se. I was more impressed with their sharp Blue and Gold colors. Lime green is another color that comes to mind.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Count me in for any position with number 92. I voted for change on the unis. I didn't mind the colors but I couldn't stand the logo.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Appreciate the feedback so far guys.

I also just remembered that the Swiss League is supposed to be included and there are some additional fictional teams like the Juniors.

I think it is inevitable that we will experiment with a bunch of these in private macthes where we could see if any of them fit into our signature style :wink:

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

I will play any position too but prefer to be a winger!!
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

Boy, that guy who scored in the video looks great! :lol:

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

I'll be back with #29, prefer center but any forward position works for me, defense or goalie also if needed. I'm good with the same uniforms also. The question is will Nivea sponsor us again after what we accomplished last year? :)

Sport73
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sport73 »

Little disappointed to see I wasn't even listed in the ROSTER... :-(

Sport73 RW/RD/G

and all-around swell guy.
Sport73

"Can't we all just get along? I'll turn this car around RIGHT now!"

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

I voted for change because i thought there WAS custom jerseys this year..... if not, the Nivea HX Blues are fine with me.

I'm definately in this year. I could care less where I play, especially now that the bump and grind mean something.... (hmmm, that didn't come out right.)
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Sport73 wrote:Little disappointed to see I wasn't even listed in the ROSTER... :-(
Duuude... no worries. I had myself off the roster for the first three updates if that makes you feel better :P. I just assumed all would check in at one point or another and am using the signup to track arrivals.

Beers are in the back, if you like, and let's have a great year...