DSP Madden Online Franchise 360 Sign Up / Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Just saw an update from the ea mobile team on twitter that the iPhone app is confirmed for September but no date was given. FYI
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Here is something to keep in mind. Whenever they do a roster update that is the roster used when you start a new Online Franchise. So technically if another roster updates comes out while I am away and lest say Tom Brady fractures his skull or Favre pulls his ego and is out for the year, your team will be without that guy.

So the question is, today's roster update will probably be the last with big moves, should we lock that one in or take the risk.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Lock it in and get this sucker started.

Vick and Favre are added...anything else is pretty minor.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I don't mind locking it in, problem is I am out of town Sunday - Thursday which is why we said we would start on the 31st.

I'll dissolve the old one tonight and set up a new one and get the info here for people to join. This way by time I return everyone should be joined.
Follow Me on:

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

I don't think we should lock it in until at least after the first big deadline for cuts. There are still a handful of guys on the skins that are projected starters or clear 2nd team guys, like guys who regularly rotate into the D-line and have been on the team for three years, who are not in the game at all. Also, I'd prefer to wait for a little more attribute adjustments or even position adjustments for rookies and 2nd year guys who are now starters.

I do think you should lock it in enough time beforehand to let people get signed in, maybe three or four days before starting the ball rolling, but every year there are some big time surprise cuts when the first cut day comes, and we haven't hit that yet.

Just my $.02

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

The entire thing is an online franchise (not a single season league), which means that within 1 season the entire roster will be different anyway. Waiting for cuts seems irrelevant to me, but to each his own.

We could wait for week 1 rosters, then in our own opening week 15 guys go down to injury and it's completely different again.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I don't see any harm in waiting until Danimal gets back. Personally, if there is a major injury, I'd rather play without a guy who is out for the year. If there's no additional updates by that time, let's get going.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Definitely don't see the harm in waiting until he gets back, but let me make sure I'm clear:

The only thing I mean about starting is firing it up with the rosters. With so many people, it will invariably drag out while waiting for people to actually get to the console and join up. If we leave a handful of days, with past history I'm willing to bet it will be an extra week while a few stragglers wander in and eventually check the post.

At least if you create it and wait to actually START until the end of the month, everybody should be ready to roll.

I don't care about playing a game today/tomorrow/end of the month...I knew that was the case originally. But starting the creation and signups that close just means we're relying on people to be timely...and they generally aren't.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

I hear what you are saying Terry, in terms of us creating our own world, and I don't thnk we need to wait for week one rosters. However, I don't think it's unreasonable to wait for the roster update after the first big cut day, which is when, Monday? Sunday? If we has stuck with the initial franchise, we'd have no Favre, Burress would be in the game as a FA, and more pretty out of whack gaps in the rosters.

Also I admit it's extra frustraing to me as I'm using my favorite team to have a few guys who have been key for my team's defense the last two seasons just not In the game at all, and a startng O tackle rated 70 or so. Maybe that won't change after cut day, but since we won't start games until after then anyway, I'd prefer to wait another week or so.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yeah I see that...but if it's created today, it's already got Vick and Favre and everything up to the movement today there.

I always knew the original franchise would be blown up. Thought we were waiting on this roster update.

Either way it's not a big deal. All it is, is time.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Ok folks time to go.

I can't please everyone and I thought about this, this weeks roster are good enough and I agree with Terry it will take a week to get everyone signed on.

I disbanded the old site and started a new one

Name: DSP Official
PW: thunder

You have until next Friday 8/28 to join the site with the team you selected.

Starting on Sat. 8/29 anyone can start making FA claims, see the rules on pages 2 or on the OF site.

1st week games start Sunday 8/30 and then we will flow into this schedule.

Monday 10am CST - Thursday 9 am CST (M-W effectively)
Thursday 10am CST - Monday 9am CST (Thr - Sun Effectively)

Thanks for playing lets have fun
Follow Me on:

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

I'm heading out on vacation through 8/29 and have already boxed up my console.

Please reserve Giants and Saints for myself and Mark1177. We will register as soon as we get back in order to be ready for week 1 games.

-G7

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

I know we are limited to 5 free agent moves, even if we have injuries, and we can't trade with CPU teams, but are we limited on trades with human teams?

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

Danimal wrote:Ok folks time to go.

I can't please everyone and I thought about this, this weeks roster are good enough and I agree with Terry it will take a week to get everyone signed on.

I disbanded the old site and started a new one

Name: DSP Official
PW: thunder

You have until next Friday 8/28 to join the site with the team you selected.

Starting on Sat. 8/29 anyone can start making FA claims, see the rules on pages 2 or on the OF site.

1st week games start Sunday 8/30 and then we will flow into this schedule.

Monday 10am CST - Thursday 9 am CST (M-W effectively)
Thursday 10am CST - Monday 9am CST (Thr - Sun Effectively)

Thanks for playing lets have fun
I work all day Thurs thru Sun (9am usually until 11-12pm) so I won't be able to play my games unless someone is willing to stay up late / get up early to play against me. Is there anyway we could shift the schedule back a day? Maybe Sun thru Tues, Wed thru Sat? my schedule may change up in a month or so but this is what I'm stuck with for now.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Zeppo wrote:I know we are limited to 5 free agent moves, even if we have injuries, and we can't trade with CPU teams, but are we limited on trades with human teams?
No limited with human teams

I put cpu trades on per your request. I will have to approve any trades with cpu teams.
Follow Me on:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Is there any way I could use a different Rams team?...The 85, 89, 99, 01, 74-80 Teams come to mind.

Seriously...Got a couple of online games in last night with Zepp and Im pretty psyched for this...The game kicks ass!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Right now 10 people including me have signed in to their teams.
Follow Me on:

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Danimal wrote:
Zeppo wrote:I know we are limited to 5 free agent moves, even if we have injuries, and we can't trade with CPU teams, but are we limited on trades with human teams?
No limited with human teams

I put cpu trades on per your request. I will have to approve any trades with cpu teams.
Oh man, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be insistent about the CPU trades; you had me convinced that the pain in the ass factor for you was enough to make it not worthwhile. Maybe after the inevitable attrition reduces the number of human controlled teams, we'll be thankful about it.

So what is the procedure for FA signings? It seems like I can just go and sign someone, but I want to make sure we go through some kind of approvals or something before I do that. Also this would be very important with CPU trades since they are now in. As it is, not everyone is even in the franchise yet, so I don't know if I can sign someone or not or how to go about our approval process.

I also looked at proposing a trade, and I didn't see any option to trade draft picks.

On a gameplay note, I would like to propose a league-wide house rule: after a change of possession (punt, kickoff, turnover, turnover on downs), I believe we should waive any delay of game penalty on that first first down of the possession.

The game does not handle this situation according to the rules of the game, and it really, really bothers me. I'm sure we will see plenty of cheap delay of game penalties because of this screw up by EA, as I have seen for years and years. So what I've decided to do in my games with friends online is to always decline those delay of game penalties when they occur on that first down after a change of possession. There's no reason in my mind that we can't just agree to 'fix' this incorrect rule in Madden. Of course, this would only apply to human vs human games, but I would like to make a league-wide agreement to do this.

What say you all?

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

I'm good with waiving the delay of game penalty on change of possession, what about the holding calls on field goals and extra points that seem to be troublesome? or maybe there will a patch out for that before we start up.

TheGamer
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheGamer »

Just a thought, if there are any free agents in the Madden rosters that end up being on the real life teams practice squads, can/should it be allowed for owners to pick those players up without "penalty"? Again just a thought.
XBL gamertag:SecondACR Vet
PSN: BHoward1
http://community.2ksports.com/community ... id=1010465
http://twitter.com/ BradHowardSr

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

TheGamer wrote:Just a thought, if there are any free agents in the Madden rosters that end up being on the real life teams practice squads, can/should it be allowed for owners to pick those players up without "penalty"? Again just a thought.
I'm not the commish, but my input would be to say 'no.' Not that I agree that we should have locked the roster set in yet, but since they are now locked in, they should stay locked in.

For me it's about the fact that many players (new starters, rookies, and 2nd year players) will surely have their attributes majorly adjusted as we approach opening day. Since we can't get those attribute adjustments in, we should not then be allowed to add FAs that are signed in real life either.

Commish will set the rules, but that's my input on the subject.

TheGamer
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheGamer »

I suppose I should fully develop my proposal. With the current locked in rosters, if any of those free agents end up being on the real life practice squads, team owners would get first dibs at those particular players if one of our active players gets hurt. Again this is really just a thought.
XBL gamertag:SecondACR Vet
PSN: BHoward1
http://community.2ksports.com/community ... id=1010465
http://twitter.com/ BradHowardSr

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

In with the Vikes. See you guys on the field!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Blublub wrote:In with the Vikes. See you guys on the field!
Umm no you're not.

See the 5 page sign up thread in front of you? See the fact that someone has the vikings.
Follow Me on:

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

I believe if you kick him, he can't rejoin, whereas if he leaves he can rejoin and choose another team. That way, we can also change teams through the course of the franchise if need be.

And who is this TMDBA that appears to have the Titans? Have we been introduced at DSP?