Battlefield: 1943

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Naples39 wrote:I had my euruka moment for plane dogfighting yesterday, when I was pursuing an enemy who had dived near ocean level. I noticed all my shots were hitting the water behind the enemy, meaning I wasn't leading the target enough. Now that I know the proper leading range, I went from 2-3 kills a round to 15 the next (I do have to admit though, 3 were by head-on collision :)). Also used yaw a lot more rather than constantly rolling the plane.

Btw, anyone know how to lay anti-tank mines in this game? I haven't figured it out.

Scout class has mines. pres "left bumber" and then right trigger to lay them.....can lay three at one time.

Major fun when you blow a tank or jeep as they roll by. :)

I finally had some sniper kills last night on Iwo Jima. I am improving slightly with that class.

I can't wait to play later tonight.

Doby, get Deon in on the action. He was asking me about the game last week.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I'm up for doin' some flyin' and shootin' tonight, if anyone's interested...
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pigpen81 wrote:
Naples39 wrote:I had my euruka moment for plane dogfighting yesterday, when I was pursuing an enemy who had dived near ocean level. I noticed all my shots were hitting the water behind the enemy, meaning I wasn't leading the target enough. Now that I know the proper leading range, I went from 2-3 kills a round to 15 the next (I do have to admit though, 3 were by head-on collision :)). Also used yaw a lot more rather than constantly rolling the plane.

Btw, anyone know how to lay anti-tank mines in this game? I haven't figured it out.

Scout class has mines. pres "left bumber" and then right trigger to lay them.....can lay three at one time.

I finally had some sniper kills last night on Iwo Jima. I am improving slightly with that class.

I was thinking about AOL'ing him about it the other night. I'll look into it. I'm going to try and get on tonight after 10pm EST.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I have plans to go to Phillies game tonight but if I get home at a reasonable time I'll try to get online.

Actually most nights if I'm online playing anything on xbox I'd be open to a BF1943 invite.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Naples39 wrote:I have plans to go to Phillies game tonight but if I get home at a reasonable time I'll try to get online.
Don't you mean the 'Cubs' game? :wink:
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Diablo25 wrote:
pigpen81 wrote:

I was thinking about AOL'ing him about it the other night. I'll look into it. I'm going to try and get on tonight after 10pm EST.
Just talked to Deon and he is pretty sure he gonna get it. Ill be on later tonight for a while.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Fun stuff last night, fellas! I really enjoy this game more and more as I play it-one helluva downloadable game...

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Great fun last night guys. Yes, I sucked but I think I have an idea now. Looking forward to playing some more.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

btmmayor
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by btmmayor »

Teal wrote:Fun stuff last night, fellas! I really enjoy this game more and more as I play it-one helluva downloadable game...
I only jumped in for about 2 games last night but what a difference it makes when everyone on the team is actually contributing. I think my last game, even though we lost, all of the top spots were DSP guys.

My favorite part of the night though is when Rob, driving a tank I was manning the gun on, made sure that every single tree in those hills on Guadalcanal felt his fury. :D

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

btmmayor wrote:
Teal wrote:Fun stuff last night, fellas! I really enjoy this game more and more as I play it-one helluva downloadable game...
I only jumped in for about 2 games last night but what a difference it makes when everyone on the team is actually contributing. I think my last game, even though we lost, all of the top spots were DSP guys.

My favorite part of the night though is when Rob, driving a tank I was manning the gun on, made sure that every single tree in those hills on Guadalcanal felt his fury. :D
Sorry BT but I don't think I sniffed the top of the board :D Its a goal of mine. It was my first time playing though. No excuses next time!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

That was a great poker night last night guys.

I've really been enjoying the game with randoms the last few weeks, but being on a team constantly talking and coordinating our attacks and defenses took the game to another level for me.

Also I had never really used squad-spawning before, but spawning into a vehicle traveling towards the front or watching it fill up with DSP'ers as I drive was pretty awesome too.

Iwo Jima is definitely my favorite map, and I really don't prefer guadalcanal, but I am getting better at it.

Do I dare say this game might have some staying power for poker nights? :o

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I think you can dare say! For one, it's not something that can be traded in on a whim... :lol:

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

btmmayor wrote:
I suck so bad that my only recourse is to piss off the virtual Sierra club. Plus, foliage is about the only thing I can hit. :)
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

The thing I love the most about BG 1943 is that all the scoring is based on helping out the team.

One match last night on Wake...I had only 3 kills, but racked up almost 300 points. All because I captured the village flag 5 times, shot down 5-6 bombers, and 3 planes with the AA Gun.

On other maps, I don't even worry about "dying", just capturing/defending flag points.

Some matches, I get completely over matched...but sometimes, I get a magic run going and it is AWESOME!

I have to say, last night with all of us on the mic was a thrill.

Diablo as the G rated PK :)

Zeppo as General Patton, Mix as Rambo...throw in Rob V doing his Ahnold Commando runs....and Teal with his Captain Dan....I though DSP kicked ass last night.

We would of swept all the matches last night, but Slumb had to switch to our team :)

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

I liked how the three of us (think it was was Teal, Mix, and I) were in a jeep, and -- well, we went across the "missing bridge".. Looked funny to see the three of us swimming to the other part of the island...

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pigpen81 wrote: Diablo as the G rated PK :)
I don't know you guys well enough for the "real" Diablo to arrive :lol: :twisted: Trust me, its coming.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

nyisles16 wrote:I liked how the three of us (think it was was Teal, Mix, and I) were in a jeep, and -- well, we went across the "missing bridge".. Looked funny to see the three of us swimming to the other part of the island...
LOL. That was me driving. Didn't work out so well. :D

I think Zeppo dreams about the lighthouse.

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

Zeppo's lines from last night....

"Gotta get to the lighthouse", "get in the boat" (course it was sweet with four DSP'ers on a landing craft arriving onshore!).. and...

"gotta get someone on the gun"..

Good stuff !

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

nyisles16 wrote:I liked how the three of us (think it was was Teal, Mix, and I) were in a jeep, and -- well, we went across the "missing bridge".. Looked funny to see the three of us swimming to the other part of the island...
You think you guys would have figured it out when I drove my Jeep off that same bridge about 10 minutes prior :) I seem to recall a simple chuckle with a southern drawl from Teal :lol:
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

ZEPPO: [in majestic Queen's english] "The future of mankind-NAY, the future of the cosmos, lies in the fate of the Lighthouse. So CRY HAVOC! And let slip the dogs of war!...as long as they go get the lighthouse..." :lol:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

BTW...who the hell is Captain Dan??!? And should I resent that remark??? :wink:

Do you mean Lieutenant Dan, maybe? :D

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

Diablo25 wrote:
You think you guys would have figured it out when I drove my Jeep off that same bridge about 10 minutes prior :) I seem to recall a simple chuckle with a southern drawl from Teal :lol:[/quote

Nope, not at all.. :D

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Teal wrote:BTW...who the hell is Captain Dan??!? And should I resent that remark??? :wink:

Do you mean Lieutenant Dan, maybe? :D
Doh....that is what I meant. :oops:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

pigpen81 wrote:G rated PK :)
That's an oxymoron, dude! :)

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

pk500 wrote:
pigpen81 wrote:G rated PK :)
That's an oxymoron, dude! :)

Take care,
PK
Kind of like 'Spendaholic PK'...