OT: "Golf Talk" - Tournaments, Pro's, Equip., etc.

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

dbdynsty25 wrote:What the hell is Winter? I play golf year round. :)
Bastard :)
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Same down here.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Danimal wrote:
Bastard :)
Well, at least he can't play during earthquakes.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

What pants are John Daly wearing at the British Open? Whatever it is, I guess it's working for him as he shot a great round.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

10spro wrote:What pants are John Daly wearing at the British Open? Whatever it is, I guess it's working for him as he shot a great round.
JD is known for pulling out a great 18 hole score now and then. He won't last though.

He's also known for crazy colored pants!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: OT:

Post by Diablo25 »

Played what is probably my final round of the year this past week and shot a 71! First time under par! I won my league (just a bunch of guys I work with) also. We played 10 rounds throughout the spring, summer, fall and I won the points title. I enjoyed golf this year more than any other year and can't wait for next year!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:Played what is probably my final round of the year this past week and shot a 71! First time under par! I won my league (just a bunch of guys I work with) also. We played 10 rounds throughout the spring, summer, fall and I won the points title. I enjoyed golf this year more than any other year and can't wait for next year!
Good stuff man. My buddy shot a 75 (3 over) last weekend and he almost jumped into the chilled waters. We got another couple of weeks before we shut down the local tournament but winning the top price is always fun.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Diablo25 wrote:Played what is probably my final round of the year this past week and shot a 71! First time under par! I won my league (just a bunch of guys I work with) also. We played 10 rounds throughout the spring, summer, fall and I won the points title. I enjoyed golf this year more than any other year and can't wait for next year!
Nice , back when i was playing i shot 70 twice both were only even par though that was enough pressure. Going under par is another level of pressure yet again well done.

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

That's awesome man. I shot my last rounds this weekend. My lowest score was a 72. Highest 75.Won a few skins. Nothing like taking money from obnoxious Big 10 basketball officials. :lol:

We're heading to Vegas in February. I'm definitely bringing my sticks.
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

JackDog wrote:
That's awesome man. I shot my last rounds this weekend. My lowest score was a 72. Highest 75.Won a few skins. Nothing like taking money from obnoxious Big 10 basketball officials. :lol:

I played in Vegas back in June. I think the place was called Tuscanny. Great time...and the golf wasn't too bad either!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

Diablo25 wrote:
JackDog wrote:

I played in Vegas back in June. I think the place was called Tuscanny. Great time...and the golf wasn't too bad either!

:lol: I'll check that course out. Thanks.
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

My new toy!! Can't wait to use this bad boy. Needless to say the old Tax Refund is already burning a hole in my pocket! Got a great deal on it on Pres. Day at TGW.com.

http://www.skygolf.com/products/product ... x?sku=SG5V
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Now that's cheating Diablo. :wink: A buddy of mine has it and he loves it, I just didn't want to bother with the yearly subscription. Still content with the Bushnell V2 tour personally.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:Now that's cheating Diablo. :wink: A buddy of mine has it and he loves it, I just didn't want to bother with the yearly subscription. Still content with the Bushnell V2 tour personally.
:D
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

10spro wrote:Now that's cheating Diablo. :wink: A buddy of mine has it and he loves it, I just didn't want to bother with the yearly subscription. Still content with the Bushnell V2 tour personally.
Get a Upro. They are better then the Sky Caddie and there is no yearly subscription. You get all basic course info for free on any course. You then get one pro course, the pro course gives you the top down GPS view, allows you to measure to a specific point by moving the target etc.

Then you can buy credit for more pro courses. For $60 basically the cost of one year with Sky Caddy you can get 20 more pro courses.

I had a Sky Caddie, switched to a Upro and it was the best decision I've ever made. I also use it in conjunction with my Bushnell's
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

One year of Sky Caddie is $29.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Diablo25 wrote:One year of Sky Caddie is $29.
It used to be $60 when I had it. I guess that's another reason to like UPro, it made sky caddie drop it's price. :)
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Well fellas, I just downloaded the Tiger Woods My Swing app from the app store and to say I am impressed is an understatement. Incredible tool. You can record and save videos from the back or the side and then compare them, side by side, to Tiger's swing - awesome. When in the side by side view you can tap either your video or Tiger's, go frame by frame to sync up, and watch how bad your swing really is. There are videos of Tiger with every club. I took a simple video of myself in the front yard and put it up against Tiger. I was astounded at what I saw. I saw at least there major things wrong and will be working on them on the range tomorrow.

There are also instructional videos by Tiger in the app also. Super, super app.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I wanted to DL a couple of weeks ago already Diablo, but I thought $10 bucks was a bit steep for the iPhone. You sound positive on the app though, I might just take the bait.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I don't think anyone can catch the Irish man at the Masters. Tiger had his chances but kept missing putts. Just like his game for the consoles. 8)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

How does the Tiger woods app differ the V1 app?

In V1 I can everything you pointed out and compare them to literally hundreds of swings. I can also upload the videos to my instructor, he can watch them and send them back to me with audio commentary and also he can mark it up.

I saw the Tiger one advertised but it really seemed inferior to the V1 app so I would appreciate a comparison if you've used V1.
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:How does the Tiger woods app differ the V1 app?

In V1 I can everything you pointed out and compare them to literally hundreds of swings. I can also upload the videos to my instructor, he can watch them and send them back to me with audio commentary and also he can mark it up.

I saw the Tiger one advertised but it really seemed inferior to the V1 app so I would appreciate a comparison if you've used V1.
Sorry Dan, I haven't used V1. You can take notes and add audio to the swing videos...as well as add graphics (lines, etc.). When you save the videos they are uploaded to the GolfShot.com site. You can watch the vids in regular, slow and superslow motion. I actually recorded my swings with my iPad 2.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Thanks for the info.

I actually use Golfplan and GolfShot but it sounds like this new Tiger app and the V1 app are comparable. I know a lot of instructors are already hooked up with V1. Being able to record your swing and sending it to your coach are invaluable for me.
Follow Me on:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Freddy Couples is already wearing a green sweater and he looks damn good so far. If he continues to swing freely as he's been and his back holds, I would love him to take it all on Sunday. Rory is making his move though and if he learned anything from his mental collapse last year, he should be the one to watch.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

HOLY COW, WHAT A SHOT OUT OF THE WOODS BY BUBBA!
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood