OT: "Golf Talk" - Tournaments, Pro's, Equip., etc.

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: OT:

Post by Naples39 »

I didn't like seeing Scott blow it like that. Aside from the fact he uses one of those unsightly long putters, he seems like a good bloke and I usually pull for him.

I was concerned it would be too easy with no drama today from a neutral perspective today...
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Heading to Merion for round one of the US Open tomorrow. I live a little over an hour from the course. I'm hoping for no rain (probably not possible) but hopefully it isn't a wash out. I've had the tickets for a year. Really excited to see my first major in person. My prediction - Tiger.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:Heading to Merion for round one of the US Open tomorrow. I live a little over an hour from the course. I'm hoping for no rain (probably not possible) but hopefully it isn't a wash out. I've had the tickets for a year. Really excited to see my first major in person. My prediction - Tiger.
Have a great time, make sure Garcia and Tiger mix it up a bit. 8) I am going to go with Rory, he's got to turn his game around.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Hit the new Ping i25’s today and they are sweet. Getting sized up by the local club pro this week. Looking forward to this spring/summer/fall.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sized and fitted for my Ping i25s :). Pretty cool process getting sized up. I'm 6' 1" so I need the White Dots on the Ping chart and an extra 1/4 inch on the shaft. Excited to see the impact they have on my game. Can't wait.

On a similar note, if anyone is a golfer looking for some nice used irons at a reasonable price PM me. My old ones are standard Taylormade R9s with a stiff shaft. 4-pw.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Got fit for my new irons yesterday and it was a great experience. My previous iron fitting from 5 years ago was nothing like what I experienced yesterday. I spent about an hour and a half going thru the process with my fitter who was awesome. The facility is one of the best in the country. Anyways, I’d been really frustrated with my current irons (Ping i25s). They are weak lofted plus the shafts I had were just not ideal for me. My fitter added 15 yards to my 7 iron almost immediately by just switching up my shafts. He added 15 grams of weight to them. It was an eye opening experience. He built about 10 clubs for the process and we narrowed them down to 3...which were all forged. I ended up getting the Taylormade P790s...which were my #1 choice from the start. Between Ricky (my fitter) getting me into the correct shafts and the technology in the new irons my ball flight totally changed. Im getting greater ball speed and flight. I am really excited to get after it with the new irons. Of course real golf is a few months away here in PA (damn winter) but I have a SkyTrak launch monitor setup in my garage so I will be able to hit the clubs as soon as I get them in about two weeks. Really excite for the new golf season!

Here is a vid from a session on my Skytrak from a while back.
Last edited by Diablo25 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Nice setup dude. I used to be the type of guy that would buy the newest clubs every season and as you know it aint small change these days. I had a fitter too several years ago and told me that I just needed to change shafts and measure the angle degree of my driver. It changed my game. So yeah, keep your trusty irons and every two three years go with a different shaft.

Still playing with my TM R11 series with a Japanese shaft.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:Nice setup dude. I used to be the type of guy that would buy the newest clubs every season and as you know it aint small change these days. I had a fitter too several years ago and told me that I just needed to change shafts and measure the angle degree of my driver. It changed my game. So yeah, keep your trusty irons and every two three years go with a different shaft.

Still playing with my TM R11 series with a Japanese shaft.
Very true. My Pings were getting worn also. They say a decent set of irons are good for about 5 years...depending on the amount of use. I play ALOT so I was due. These P790s are like the #3 iron on tour right now. They are so smooth and soft off the face.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25