Zen Pinball (PS3)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Zen Pinball (PS3)

Post by toonarmy »

Four new Marvel pinball tables announced:
I'm less interested in that last one, with it's 3D models based on real-world pretty boys and girls, but it does sound like it's going to be neat. "Marvel's The Avengers" will feature balls with special abilities representative of the individual characters in the group. "The Infinity Gauntlet," on the other end, has table-wide effects based on the individual gemstones found in the Gauntlet, including a gravity reversal mechanic I am highly eager to check out.

The other two tables are "Fear Itself," a battle against Odin's lost brother which Zen promises will have some never-before-seen uses of magnetism in a pinball game, and "World War Hulk," a recounting of that time Hulk was shot into space and came back to Earth in a really foul mood.
http://www.destructoid.com/more-marvel- ... 3855.phtml

The screenshots look very very cool.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

Pinball Arcade is now available for the PS3 and Vita. It's pretty cool and features 4 tables:
The launch tables include one from each of the four major manufactures that we’ve licensed. Tales of the Arabian Nights (Williams), Ripley’s Believe It or Not (Stern), Theatre of Magic (Bally), and Black Hole (Gottlieb). Tales and Black Hole were part of the Pinball Hall of Fame games. We’ve spent a lot of time improving the physics and the graphics of our pinball engine over the past few years, so we feel that they’re definitely worthy of updating.
A cool thing is that if you buy it (9.99) you get it for both the Vita and the PS3 so you do not have to purchase it twice. Another neat thing is that the Vita version can be played in either portrait or landscape mode, and can use either front or back touch controls. The lighting and graphics are supposedly improved over the 360 version. Overall, these tables are super fun. I know this is a Zen thread, but didn't want to start a new thread since not a ton of people are into pinball.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

Marvel Pinball Avengers Chronicles dropped this afternoon for PS3 on PSN. 4 really awesome tables for 9.99. The good thing is that in July these tables will be free on the Vita once Zen Pinball 2 releases if you buy them for the PS3. It will be interesting to see how well these tables translate to the Vita.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Star Wars Pinball Coming This February!

Star Wars Pinball will be available as DLC for the following platforms:

• Pinball FX2™ on Xbox LIVE® Arcade & Windows 8
• Zen Pinball 2™ on PlayStation®Network for PlayStation 3 & PlayStation Vita with Cross Buy entitlement! Purchase once and play on both systems!
• Zen Pinball 2 on the Mac®App Store
• Zen Pinball on the Apple®App Store
• Zen Pinball HD Google Play™

http://www.starwarspinball.com/

:D
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Is this better then the Williams Collection games?
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Zlax45 wrote:Is this better then the Williams Collection games?
The latest iteration combines Williams, Gotlieb, Stern and Bally. I happen to love this series.

http://www.pinballarcade.com/
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

For those not aware, Zen Pinball and Pinball Arcade are two separate games. Zen tables are all new creations, so there were never any actual tables built for these. About 1/2/ of the Zen tables available are Marvel comics themed. Pinball Arcade consists of re-creations of older tables.

Both are really fun. These make up a lot of my Vita use.
-Matt

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I love Pinball FX 2 on my 360 this will give me a reason to go back to it.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Zen Studios Expanding Pinball FX3 With Williams Bally Arcade Tables

Ever since their deal with The Pinball Arcade came to a close earlier this summer, some pinball fans were wondering where the Williams/Bally pinball tables were going. Well, now we know.

Zen Studios has announced that it is expanding its Pinball FX3 table collection with selections from the Williams and Bally pinball library, as it has attained the digital rights to the complete library from both companies. It’s already lining up the first table pack for the game, which will include favorites like Fish Tales, JunkYard, Medieval Madness and High Speed II: The Getaway, all of which are expected no later than the end of the year. They will be released across the board for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC.

More tables are expected to arrive in 2019, taking full advantage of Pinball FX3’s online features, including tournaments and more. They will no doubt add to a selection that includes a number of favorites, including the Jurassic World tables, as well as various Marvel and Star Wars tables, Solo: A Star Wars Story pack that will debut next week.

Read more at: https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/09/04 ... ly-tables/

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

I’m glad the Williams/Bally’s tables will be available moving forward, thought about buying a lot on Pinball Arcade before their license expires but decided not to.

I haven’t played Pinball FX in a long time, how do the physics compare to Pinball Arcade?
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I still play this game once or twice a week. I wish I had the knowledge to make a cabinet and use this game but I've looked at plans and it is outside my handy man level. :D
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Pinball FX3 on my Switch is one of my most played titles. Matchup mode is terrific!