IPhone/ITouch/IPad Game App Thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: IPhone/ITouch/IPad Game App Thread

Post by wco81 »

Yeah there have been times when certain older apps. get pulled off the App. Store and I was glad to have a local copy that I could sync back to my iPhone.

But a lot of older apps, which haven't been updated in years, will not be compatible with iOS 11 because of the 64-bit requirement. So if the developer has abandoned it, you're not going to be able to run it anyways.

As for AirPods, I opted for the Beats X, which has the same W1 chip. Pairing is real easy, though I'm not sure if it's as good as the AirPods. More important to me is that these are in-ear as opposed to pods.

They also come in a couple of colors instead of just white.

They're rated at 8 hours per charge and that's about right, though they will lose charge steadily while on idle.

The AirPods may have more social appeal though. I think part of the attraction is those white stalks hanging down out of your ears, which to me look stupid.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:A couple of questions here. With the latest itunes update, I can't seem to find the apps section. Suggestions?

Also with the iphone X on my mind, which wireless earbuds do you use and recommend? I currently have the Bose QC35 which I love for my plane rides but was looking for some pair of earbuds.

For those that have the Airpods, do you recommend them?
I have them and I cannot recommend them enough. They might be my favorite Apple product. They are the highest rated Apple product ever (I believe). The convenience is ridiculous. Between the case that holds a 24 hour charge (the AirPods themselves hold a 3+ hour charge)...to the simple convenience of the connection...to the great sound. The sound they pump out is a lot better than expected. Double tap the right AirPod to access Siri. If someone talks to me at the gym I just remove one of the AirPods and the music stops. It picks right back up when you put it back in. My AirPods are currently in my backpack in the case which charged them after I put them in there after my 75 minute workout today. I absolutely love mine and would instantly buy another pair if needed.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/2/15513 ... tisfaction
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

wco81 wrote: The AirPods may have more social appeal though. I think part of the attraction is those white stalks hanging down out of your ears, which to me look stupid.
I agree with you in that my AirPods do look ridiculous (hair dryers hanging out of my ears :oops: ). However, they are the best ear buds that I've ever owned.

They work better and do not fall out of my ears like my wired ear buds.

People ask me about them all the time and I tell them that, although a little pricey ($160.00), they are well worth the price. 8)

-MERACE

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

MERACE wrote:
wco81 wrote: The AirPods may have more social appeal though. I think part of the attraction is those white stalks hanging down out of your ears, which to me look stupid.
I agree with you in that my AirPods do look ridiculous (hair dryers hanging out of my ears :oops: ). However, they are the best ear buds that I've ever owned.

They work better and do not fall out of my ears like my wired ear buds.

People ask me about them all the time and I tell them that, although a little pricey ($160.00), they are well worth the price. 8)

-MERACE
When I first got them I thought I would feel a bit weird with them in but nope. I could give a s*** if anyone thinks I look weird. You know what looks weird....people wearing big ass earphones. My opinion :D
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Diablo25 wrote:When I first got them I thought I would feel a bit weird with them in but nope. I could give a s*** if anyone thinks I look weird. You know what looks weird....people wearing big ass earphones. My opinion :D
My Audio Technica ATH-M40x's and I say, "F*CK YOU, BILL!"

:) :) :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

:D :lol:. Thanks for your inputs fellas. I do own the Jaybird X2 for my wireless earphones but sound wise I needed some deeper. So I went back to my corded Beats. Personally, I don't care about the cosmetic looks as long as the sound is legit. My only doubt about the AirPods was whether they would stay in firmly. They don't allow those ones on commercial airlines because of the Bluetooth function.

I bought the Bose QC35 which are awesome but for workouts and while walking the dog, I wanted to go back to the earbuds so in anticipation of the iPhone X, I was wondering what would be a good companion.
Last edited by 10spro on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:When I first got them I thought I would feel a bit weird with them in but nope. I could give a s*** if anyone thinks I look weird. You know what looks weird....people wearing big ass earphones. My opinion :D
My Audio Technica ATH-M40x's and I say, "F*CK YOU, BILL!"

:) :) :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Is that you PK? :lol: :lol:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Hahahaha, Bill.

10s, Beats suck. I would never waste my money on those cans o'sh*t.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:Hahahaha, Bill.

10s, Beats suck. I would never waste my money on those cans o'sh*t.
Unfortunately that's not really true anymore. They've stuck with the bass being the main draw but their sound, especially in the Studio 3 wireless and the Solo HD 3s, has been balanced out quite well. The only real downsides are the build quality which isn't on par w other high end companies.

Personally I use the V-Moda Crossfade 2 Wireless after trying nearly 20 different wireless headphones. Another headphone w a bit of a bass bias in wireless mode but plug it into a small amp and it is simply incredible.

As for buds, the Beats X are really good. Downside to those is the flat cables which I despise. But the sound is as good as any other wireless bud I've heard.

I was the biggest Beats hater for years when they were pumping out sh*t sound but that has since changed.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Marco Arment has done some detailed writeups of headphones, though they're a bit dated:

https://marco.org/headphones-closed-portable

https://marco.org/headphones-bluetooth

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Unfortunately that's not really true anymore. They've stuck with the bass being the main draw but their sound, especially in the Studio 3 wireless and the Solo HD 3s, has been balanced out quite well. The only real downsides are the build quality which isn't on par w other high end companies.
Beats are still very overpriced. They may be improved, but you're still paying about $100 too much to pad Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine's wallets.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Been playing a nice arcade time killing golf game called Golf Clash.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Wow, I didn't want to start a new thread but macOS looks a lot like iOS/iPadOS. I can't say if I like it or not but just from the looks of it, you would think you are on an iPad. Apple also decided to change the number scheme to macOS 11. They also confirmed many of the rumors that they are dumping Intel and all Macs will eventually use an ARM chip.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Other thing is you will be able to run iOS apps. on the new Macs, which will be expensive.

So you may be able to run games.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:01 pm
Wow, I didn't want to start a new thread but macOS looks a lot like iOS/iPadOS. I can't say if I like it or not but just from the looks of it, you would think you are on an iPad. Apple also decided to change the number scheme to macOS 11. They also confirmed many of the rumors that they are dumping Intel and all Macs will eventually use an ARM chip.
It makes complete sense for Apple to create a uniform OS across all platforms and devices, for two big reasons.

One, it's easier to understand. Any time my 91-year-old father has trouble finding something on his iPad or iPhone, I tell him: "Look where that (insert program or app) is on your (insert device with which he's not having problems). It's the same as your (insert device without problems). It's easier for people to use a common OS across all devices.

Two, it promotes Apple's selling point of cross-platform compatibility. If people are comfortable with the environment of an iPad or iPhone, they may be more comfortable with buying a Mac because it may look and feel a lot like their mobile devices.

It also probably is easier for software and app developers to create new work for one common OS rather than a mobile and a desktop version. That's just a guess, though -- I'm not an IT guy.