Monday Night Racing: Race Pro

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Monday Night Racing: Race Pro

Post by Zeppo »

Folks:

Who'd be interested in some racing tonight? I'd love to bounce around from class to class, but we will start with a few in the GT Club cars, the lowest class of GT cars. Let us know if you don't have at least one of those available. We can bounce back to the WTCC cars if need be, or more likely dabble a bit in the Caterhams, or what the heck, let's try out the Formula BMWs again for a race or two.

I'll send out the invites starting around 10:30pm edt.

Who's in?

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

I should be on by then.

spooky157
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by spooky157 »

Sounds good to me. I'll need to unlock that GT Class but I am almost there.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I finally have a reasonable work schedule this week and should be around.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

A little OT: Post patch I still lose connection to host and am unable to race online. I get farther this time, but it still crashes. Forza 2, Halo 3, RockBand 2, Nascar don't have the same issue, so I am at a loss.

Anyway, since I can't play online I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a weekly hotlap competition using the Time Trial mode.

Every week would be a different car and track. With the patch they have wiped the leaderboards so we would all be starting from scratch. The cheat glitches still exist, but I figure we have honest people on here.

Unfortunately, the leaderboards and Time Trial modes in Race Pro leave a lot to be desired when compared to Forza, PGR, etc. It does not differentiate between difficulty settings and it does not allow you to download other players ghosts to race against. Likewise, even though there is a specific time trial mode, the leaderboard will post times for online races, offline championships, career mode, etc. So in other words, if you run an online race at Monza a get a good time from a draft, then that is the time you will have posted to the leaderboard.

I know most may not be interested in hotlapping, but I am trying to give myself a reason to play this game. :) I am open to suggestions for car and track for week 1, we could start today and go to midnight next Sun. to post your times. I will track the results and we could have some kind of season champion after we have gone through all the tracks. I would want it to be all assists off, but I am open to suggestions there as well.

Sorry to threadjack Zeppo.

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

Don, sorry the patch didn't solve your connection issues. But I would definitely be interensted in a hotlap competition.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Cant say for sure...Maybe. I might be back in the penalty box after two straight hockey nights.

johnvon314
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by johnvon314 »

I might be able to do the time trials as well.

John

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

I should be able to make it. I have cars unlocked from all but the last two classes.

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

Sorry for bailing after the first race. I actually fell asleep in my chair waiting for the next race to start. Getting old sucks! :lol:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

mixdj1 wrote:Sorry for bailing after the first race. I actually fell asleep in my chair waiting for the next race to start. Getting old sucks! :lol:
:lol: ...I can relate...Thats happened to me...

We raced a few...Nothing new to report. It was fun , I still suck and its still a great game.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Has the patch removed the need to unlock classes to race them online?

I'm so far behind you guys that I think I'd be stuff with the GT cars..... I'm not even sure if I've unlocked the Formula BMW's yet...!!!!

That's something that holds me back from racing with you guys.

(ya ya, yer saying get off my ass and race more career mode)

I could do that too, but i'm lazy!
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

No, you still need to unlock the classes in career. In fact, after the patch I lost my career save and I have had to start over. I don't think the patch caused it, but the bug that existed that allowed this to happen still does.
Gangrel wrote:Has the patch removed the need to unlock classes to race them online?

I'm so far behind you guys that I think I'd be stuff with the GT cars..... I'm not even sure if I've unlocked the Formula BMW's yet...!!!!

That's something that holds me back from racing with you guys.

(ya ya, yer saying get off my ass and race more career mode)

I could do that too, but i'm lazy!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Don, you have the patience of a flock of saints.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425