CoD Modern Warfare 2.

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

My game is on the slow boat from Amazon, but I hope to have it by next Tuesday for a poker night. CoD4 was the most DSP fun I've had with a game since the old Ghost Recon days, even better than Gears. I look forward to deflecting bullets away from my better teammates. :D

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Brando70 wrote:My game is on the slow boat from Amazon, but I hope to have it by next Tuesday for a poker night. CoD4 was the most DSP fun I've had with a game since the old Ghost Recon days, even better than Gears. I look forward to deflecting bullets away from my better teammates. :D
I guess in this year's version we can't make jokes about the players being used as human shields, because players can literally choose to be and use riot shields.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Naples39 wrote:
Brando70 wrote:My game is on the slow boat from Amazon, but I hope to have it by next Tuesday for a poker night. CoD4 was the most DSP fun I've had with a game since the old Ghost Recon days, even better than Gears. I look forward to deflecting bullets away from my better teammates. :D
I guess in this year's version we can't make jokes about the players being used as human shields, because players can literally choose to be and use riot shields.
Not sure that I'm real thrilled with the ubiquity of the riot shields.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Just wandering what kind of split screen options are there? Number of players? vs or coop?

Live in the boonies, so no Live here.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

RobVarak wrote:Not sure that I'm real thrilled with the ubiquity of the riot shields.
Have you been seeing them a lot online? And if so, are they effective?

I think the universe is conspiring against me and I don't have my copy yet.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Naples39 wrote:
RobVarak wrote:Not sure that I'm real thrilled with the ubiquity of the riot shields.
Have you been seeing them a lot online? And if so, are they effective?

I think the universe is conspiring against me and I don't have my copy yet.
I have seen them occassionaly - probably less than 10% of the time I have played online...put in 7hrs so far. Ya for the shingles!

Although, just thinking about the shields may come in handy on certain game types like demolition. Plant the bomb and have a group with riot shields surrounding the bomb.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I've seen some people using the riot shields, and yes it'll help you to a point, because the only way to bring them down is a shot between the eyes.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

10spro wrote:I've seen some people using the riot shields, and yes it'll help you to a point, because the only way to bring them down is a shot between the eyes.
I grenade can do wonders, too.

I've actually found the multiplayer to be either a bunch of guys who simply destroy whatever team I'm on, or some guys who actually suck more than I do. Not nearly as frustrating as I thought it would be. I'm really impressed with the amount on maps. I played for an hour+ last night to only do a few maps more than once.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

For team deathmatch players, I only play mercenary team deathmatch. Any round can be a rout, but with no teams or parties games are usually pretty even.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Naples39 wrote:For team deathmatch players, I only play mercenary team deathmatch. Any round can be a rout, but with no teams or parties games are usually pretty even.
Yeah, merc team deathmatch is definitely the way to go if you're gonna play randoms. I do alright in those, too. Not going to blow anyone away with my awesome stats, but they aren't laughable, either... :lol:
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

stephenhope
Mario Mendoza

Post by stephenhope »

spam

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

^^^SPAM

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I would like to see a Call of Duty: Jungle Warfare or Call of Duty: Desert Warfare.

I don't really like games from the past anymore (WWII) and I certainly don't want to play futuristic shooters. Let's just keep it in the "now" and get with some different specifically themed editions or map packs.

I'd also like to shy away a little bit from the urban based battlefields.
GT = Wilk5280

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Wilk5280 wrote:I would like to see a Call of Duty: Jungle Warfare or Call of Duty: Desert Warfare.

I don't really like games from the past anymore (WWII) and I certainly don't want to play futuristic shooters. Let's just keep it in the "now" and get with some different specifically themed editions or map packs.

I'd also like to shy away a little bit from the urban based battlefields.
Unless they invent something else I think the genre is stuck on these things. I would say the the COD:WW2 game not a successful as the COD 4. I just don't see how a game made in the desert of jungle would lend itself to having a fun gameplay mechanic.

I can see maybe designers doing something with N. Korea. Or they could so something outlandish like having the US fight the British. But I think COD Modern Warefare, will be a regular release title being released every few years.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Finally got a few hours to sit and play the campaign and complete it. Wow. I still think the first one was probably a bit better from a story point of view, but this one was pretty damn good.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

These multiplayer maps are really great... enormous, with lots of elevation differences and interesting nooks. I'm having a great tmie leveling up in mercenary team deathmach so far.... took a couple hours maybe to unlock a red dot sight, but I didn't feel helpless without it either.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

I've been largely enjoying the multiplayer since I picked it up, but I've noticed a couple of annoying things on the kill cams.

First is simple lag, in that what shows up on the kill cam is much different than what happened on my screen in the game. (To me it seemed the dude came around the corner and instantly killed me, while on the killcam he had me in his sights for like a second or two) I don't recall as much of this in CoD4.

Second is really fishy, where I'm like completely behind a wall or some other full obstruction and the dude's crosshair tracks me (including stops and reversals in direction) until I appear around the corner, at which point he fires and kills me. These ones seem really suspicious.

I got wasted pretty badly until I unlocked the SCAR. That was a game-changer for me.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

webdanzer wrote:
First is simple lag, in that what shows up on the kill cam is much different than what happened on my screen in the game. (To me it seemed the dude came around the corner and instantly killed me, while on the killcam he had me in his sights for like a second or two) I don't recall as much of this in CoD4.
Happens all the time and drives me bonkers! LOL
I'll unload on some guy who just stand there and headhots me into oblivion. Then I see the killcam and it looks like I never even got a shot off.

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

All I can say is THANK GOD for Hardcore Team Deathmatch! Love that mode!
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

warnerwlf98
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by warnerwlf98 »

webdanzer wrote:I've been largely enjoying the multiplayer since I picked it up, but I've noticed a couple of annoying things on the kill cams.

Second is really fishy, where I'm like completely behind a wall or some other full obstruction and the dude's crosshair tracks me (including stops and reversals in direction) until I appear around the corner, at which point he fires and kills me. These ones seem really suspicious.

I got wasted pretty badly until I unlocked the SCAR. That was a game-changer for me.
Performance in this game is totally dependent on lag. There have been plenty of times when I see a guy first, but I'm dead before I can shoot - that's because I'm lagging relative to the guy who killed me. It happens all the time.

It happened this way in CoD4 too, but they changed it up a little. You can see a guy that has one red bar of signal strength doing a bunch of damage and have a largely positive kill to death ratio.

I think the game was written to try to equalize all the lags by making the responsiveness based on the player with the slowest connection, so players with faster connections get auto-lagged to compensate. For some reason it doesn't quite work as planned because the players with the worst connections somehow can perform TOO well sometimes.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

'bout time for a patch with some glitch fixes and nerfs, me thinks...

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

webdanzer wrote:'bout time for a patch with some glitch fixes and nerfs, me thinks...
Any particular complaints?

I am playing this one obsessively and haven't noticed any glitches.

Recently been trying to get the mastery achievements for some assault rifles. The last step of getting 40 through-the-wall kills with 'FMJ' attachment is a particular pain. Finished it with the M4 and SCAR, but getting those 40 with a burst-fire weapon like the FAMAS is testing my patience.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Naples39 wrote:
webdanzer wrote:'bout time for a patch with some glitch fixes and nerfs, me thinks...
Any particular complaints?

I am playing this one obsessively and haven't noticed any glitches.
I know there are more out there, but I'll only mention them in roughly the order in which I encounter them:

1) (Glitch) Dude hiding inside the rocks in Afghan. You can glitch into the terrain but still shoot out. :( I see this just about every time I play this map, now.

2) (Exploit) Care package grenade marker hyper-speed. I run into a few of these F'ers almost every night. (using # 3)

3) I personally get pissed off by the commando-knifers teleporting across space to one shot kill me after taking a couple of rounds to the chest. Not a glitch or an exploit, but my own preference would be to see this nerfed a little.

4) Saw my first 'Javelin Suicide Bomber' last session, though I honestly wouldn't have recognized it for what it was had I not read about the exploit today.

EDIT: I've read lots of complaints about how the akimbo shotguns are overpowered, but I really haven't run into that much myself.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

webdanzer wrote:I know there are more out there, but I'll only mention them in roughly the order in which I encounter them:

1) (Glitch) Dude hiding inside the rocks in Afghan. You can glitch into the terrain but still shoot out. :( I see this just about every time I play this map, now.

2) (Exploit) Care package grenade marker hyper-speed. I run into a few of these F'ers almost every night. (using # 3)

3) I personally get pissed off by the commando-knifers teleporting across space to one shot kill me after taking a couple of rounds to the chest. Not a glitch or an exploit, but my own preference would be to see this nerfed a little.

4) Saw my first 'Javelin Suicide Bomber' last session, though I honestly wouldn't have recognized it for what it was had I not read about the exploit today.
Never seen or heard of any of those.

The knife kills are my least favorite design choice with COD. At the very least you shouldn't be able to stab while getting shot, much like getting shot puts a ridiculous amount of kick into your return shots.

I also seem to be getting headshotted a lot by guys double-fisting those classic shotguns.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »