Tiger Woods 2010

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Tiger Woods 2010

Post by bdoughty »

http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/ ... drama.aspx

FEEL THE DRAMA................................

Video has no gameplay but something interesting is the game now shows to be coming in June 2009. That does not make Brent a happy camper. If any game needed more development time, well pretty much anything from Tiburon would fall under that category.

That said it makes more sense to release a golf game in June, then it does in August, though spring would be the optimal time.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Geez, haven't even finished half of the challenges in 09 yet. Anyhow, hope the putting animation is better.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

10spro wrote:Geez, haven't even finished half of the challenges in 09 yet. Anyhow, hope the putting animation is better.
I skipped TW09 because of that same reason. I'll buy it when they finally address and fix it.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

09 was a good game, I hope they expand on the dynamic ratings and make them from round to round or even hole to hole.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Tiger Woods 2010

Post by DivotMaker »

bdoughty wrote:1. That does not make Brent a happy camper. If any game needed more development time, well pretty much anything from Tiburon would fall under that category.

2. That said it makes more sense to release a golf game in June, then it does in August, though spring would be the optimal time.
1. Agreed. However, my understanding is that development for TW10 was started prior to finishing 09, so that may have something to do with the earlier release date. I hope to find out more next week during my visit to Tiburon, but I am afraid that NDA I just faxed to them over the weekend will preclude me from saying much if anything when I return.

2. Again, agreed. I think they are trying to get to a point where they can release TW during the Golf season instead of at the very tail end of it as they have the past several versions. I would like to see them target early April (assuming the game is actually ready for release) to take advantage of the timing of the Masters....

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

That's cool, just let us know when the NDA is up.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

[url=http://sites.google.com/site/bmdsooner/]My place for games![/url]

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

There is a reason they are hyping "feel the drama"....can't wait to tell you all what it means....

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/ ... -mode.aspx

As we've been discussing in the Staff Group forums, we'd like to start rolling out new TW10 features just as soon as we are given the "OK" to do so. This blog represents the first in a series of posts in which we will reveal the functionality behind some of the brand new features going into the game.

One of the new things we're implementing in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 is a new start time system within PGA TOUR Season mode. This functionality was implemented, in large part, thanks to the feedback and suggestions we receive from all of you.

In years past, your golfer would start every round of a PGA TOUR Season event in the final starting position. In this year's version of PGA TOUR Season we modeled the start time for your golfer after the system used on the PGA TOUR.

In TW10, the player will start each round of the tournament in the following manner:
• 1st Round: Random start time. The player's start time for the round will be based on a random draw. The player could be one of the first golfers to go off, or one of the last.
• 2nd Round: Inverse of 1st round. The starting order will be the inverse of random order that the first round was played in.
• 3rd & 4th Rounds: Start time based on leaderboard position. If you are towards the bottom of the leaderboard, you will start the round before those towards the top (and vice-versa). The starting order is the inverse order of the leaderboard standings. So, just like in real-life, the top two players tee-off in the final pairing.

This new functionality opened up another cool aspect of tournament golf that we were able to take advantage of. When you go off in the final starting spot (like in years past), you are the last golfer to finish the round. You know exactly what score you need to shoot and once you finish the final hole, there are no other scores coming in. With the new realistic start times there will be occasions when you will not be in the final group and will finish before the rest of the field. We implemented a screen at the end of each round that will animate to show the movement of the remaining golfers out on the course as the climb and fall on the leaderboard. If you finish your round before the field you will be taken to this screen, where you can watch the rest of the round play itself out. Think of it as sitting in the clubhouse waiting for the field to finish.

Implementing the new start times feature in PGA TOUR Season also gave us the opportunity to add groupings and pairings to this mode in the same way the PGA TOUR does.

In TW10, the player will be grouped in each tournament round as follows:
• 1st & 2nd Rounds: Random groupings of 3. The player will be playing the round at the same time as the two other AI golfers in their group.
• 3rd & 4th Rounds: Pairings are based on leaderboard position. The player will be playing at the same time as the AI golfer they get paired up with based on their position on the leaderboards.

These additions are a few of the many new features we are adding this year to help bring out the drama of tournament golf. There are some other new elements that go hand-in-hand with some of the features discussed above which we will cover in subsequent posts.
Next week the EA SPORTS Season Opener event will be taking place in downtown San Francisco. This event marks the media unveiling of many new features across a number of the EA SPORTS franchises. As such Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 will also be opening up many of the new additions we’re adding to the game that we have not been allowed to discuss up until now. Since we all can’t go to the Season Opener event, I will be creating a special blog entry on March 12th, to give you all an in-depth description of all the new features that are revealed. I’ll keep you all posted as the date approaches…

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Good start TW10 team, it appears some focus was put toward the PGA Tour Mode. Can't wait for more details on the 12th.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

bdoughty wrote:Good start TW10 team, it appears some focus was put toward the PGA Tour Mode. Can't wait for more details on the 12th.
Me neither....the above is just the tip of the iceberg.....thanks for posting the blog entry.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Ya but how hard is it to get this into a game. I'm glad they added this but I also know it's taken far too long to get features like this into the game.

I wish the MLB 09 team attention to details transferred over to most EA games.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

It might not be all that hard but it is something many, including myself, have wanted. You also have to remember that this is a pretty minor detail compared to what lies ahead. All of the EA guys posting on the EA blogs have said to expect the little stuff first and bigger things to come. Of course with Tiger 10 we will get the big stuff on the 12th since it releases earlier than the football games.

What that little blog did is show me that for the first time, EA staff have really payed attention to what people that post on their forums want. I spent a ton of time over there after TW09 was released posting wish lists. Then you have the big boys of the TW golf scene doing their part (Divot, Oblong, J Cauthen, etc).

EA has some catchup to get to MLB 09 standards but at the very least they are trying, which is more than I can say in the past.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Anything that gives it more of a tournament atmosphere is great by me. Why they don't do cut away to other ai controlled golfers on the course making big shots is beyond me but maybe that is in the cards shortly.

I played my first round of the year today, which for march 6th in chicago is an absolute miracle. I can't wait to get back into my summer tourney schedule.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

bdoughty wrote:It might not be all that hard but it is something many, including myself, have wanted. You also have to remember that this is a pretty minor detail compared to what lies ahead. All of the EA guys posting on the EA blogs have said to expect the little stuff first and bigger things to come. Of course with Tiger 10 we will get the big stuff on the 12th since it releases earlier than the football games.

What that little blog did is show me that for the first time, EA staff have really payed attention to what people that post on their forums want. I spent a ton of time over there after TW09 was released posting wish lists. Then you have the big boys of the TW golf scene doing their part (Divot, Oblong, J Cauthen, etc).

EA has some catchup to get to MLB 09 standards but at the very least they are trying, which is more than I can say in the past.
It's a little thing... Tournament times are a huge thing in golf. It's like getting play brackets screwy in March Madness or something.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

JRod wrote:It's a little thing... Tournament times are a huge thing in golf. It's like getting play brackets screwy in March Madness or something.
Could not agree more. And this is just one ingredient of the formula that EA is following with their "Feel the Drama" tagline for TW10....

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Finally. For a pga tour game this shoulda been in from the start building off of the old genesis format of tournament golf.
This will be enough for me alone to buy this years game i can tell you, if they fix the putting animations ,chipping and ball reaction on the green it will be icing.
As of now with them finally implementing the proper tour format i would be willing to overlook some things that bugged me prior and caused me not to buy.

Will we have the option to actually see the shots of the ai golfers if we wanted?
Not so bothered with rounds 1&2 but moving day and the final round if im in contention i wanna see the shots of my opponent.

Sounds awesome thanks for the info.

Do we know how many courses ? Need a good variety for this and i want the British open ,masters and the other majors in there damn it. :twisted:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Most of the features for TW10 will be revealed on or about March 12....

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Top down putting animation in tour mode. That would solve a lot.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Wii version: IGN Hands on Videos, etc
http://wii.ign.com/articles/961/961390p1.html

Commentator Trailer
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1432 ... 31009.html

Scott Van Pelt is a WELCOME addition. Kelly Tillman coming back, not so much.

I did notice in the trailer they now have a USGA rulings icon (Y). :)

Tourney Atmosphere trailer
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1432 ... 31009.html

We have weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Real time weather.

Now I did notice there was no mention of dawn to dusk integration which I think would be a real nice touch. That said so far so good.

spooky157
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by spooky157 »

WOW - I can not wait for this game. Just from a feature standpoint I don't think this series has taken a bigger leap. And I really couldn't be more excited. I've skipped the last two TW games but I am all over this one.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

The 360/PS3 preview

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/961/961490p1.html
That only real gameplay change that was showed to me at this early stage was precision putting. There are surely more features to come, but this is all I got for now. Precision putting takes away the old dynamic of having several different putter lengths in your bag. In the past you'd have one putter for 20 foot putts, one for ten and so on. Now you only have one putter for everything from 0-120 feet. There's a new graphical overlay that shows you how far to pull back your putter for the distance you're aiming for. You'll still need to judge the slope of the green accurately, but now you'll also have to think about pulling your putter back perfectly straight. The longer the shot, the tougher it will be to get a perfectly straight pullback and follow through.
Yea!

Weather will also change the way you position yourself for victory. Much like last year's Tiger Woods game, live weather updates are supplied by the weather channel. But unlike last year's game, conditions can change on the fly.
What? I do not recall the weather channel in last years game? WTF is wrong with IGN?

Our first look at what Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010 will bring to the table was admittedly light. I'm not saying that the final product won't blow the doors off of online play and GamerNet innovations, but what I saw in my brief time with an early build left me wanting much more. Here's hoping that EA Sports plans to bring the goods when Tiger ships this June.
Kill IGN dude with fire.
Last edited by bdoughty on Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spooky157
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by spooky157 »

I think I am going to faint....

Thanks bdoughty.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

On that video from IGN there was something called USGA Rulings. What is that? Will that allow us to actually follow drop rules and the like.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

spooky157 wrote:I think I am going to faint....

Thanks bdoughty.
My keyboard is sticky with the anticipation. The fact they are focusing on use Tour Mode guys and not Gamernet challenges or the goofy Tiger Challenege makes me a happy camper.