Tuesday Night Shoot Em Ups: L4D (2/10)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Tuesday Night Shoot Em Ups: L4D (2/10)

Post by Zeppo »

Folks:

So here it is Tuesday and as you might expect I'm hankering for some good old L4D. I'd love to survive a movie one of these days, so why not tonight? Of course, if we have enough people vs mode will be very welcome as well.

I'd like to start at 10:30pm, but there is a chance I might not get home from work until later. We'll see, but folks should feel free to start without me if I'm not around and I'll hop in if and when I can.

Who's in?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'm in
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

DrCosta
Mario Mendoza

Post by DrCosta »

I really want to play this game, but FIFA takes over :? I still havent finished the 1st chapter, so maybe I will be in for some co-op tonight.

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

Sounds good to me

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

I should be able to be there at 10:30pm.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I just bought it since I kept seeing this thread pop up. I haven't played on 360, only PC. But I'm in.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

I'm a definite maybe.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Fshguy
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Fshguy »

I can do it...

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Much fun tonight guys, a 37 point difference in versus is the tightest game I've been in. When we were so far down after the 2nd stage I think Fish said we could come back and we just laughed.

I can't wait until they unlock the other 2 maps
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

This is a little late (got sick yesterday), but that was ridiculous fun the other night. I hadn't ever played it on the 360 before, and hadn't played versus mode at all.

Early on I was completely lost as to what I was doing, but really started having fun after a few minutes. Figuring out that I couldn't vomit more than 10 feet took some getting used to, but learning where to spawn and how to really get the drop on people was crazy fun.

The Hunter seems to be the most baffling character to me. It seems as soon as you pin a guy, it takes one good shot to kill you. Is there a way to jump off of him? It would make a lot more sense to jump a guy, swipe him once or twice, and run away. I couldn't seem to find a way to get up and run off before the other guys saw me.

Similarly, I wanted to drop a guy with a smoker from time to time but couldn't. Is there something that I'm missing, or is it pretty much "commit to dying" and hope that you get a few shots in?

Either way, it was amazingly addictive fun. I got in a bit of trouble with the wife since I told her I'd "be right there" to watch some TV with her, and then ended up another 45 minutes. First time that's happened in I don't know how long. :lol:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Without a doubt the key to playing the zombies is team work. I have some friends who hate vs because they complain it takes so long to respawn, well Duh. Imagine if you could respawn every 5 seconds.

To me the key is the Boomer, the Boomer starts the reaction. Without a Boomer a Hunter is only good if you've got someone completely alone. With several characters blinded and occupied by the swarm, the hunter can be deadly in terms of reducing a players health. I think your idea of jumping off is a great one but you can't do it as far as I know.

The smoker can be played as a loner without the boomer support if you have him in a good spot that is hard for the other players to pick him off. Again he is more effective with the Boomers help. I wish with the smoker after you made contact you could move, at least very slowly.

In a way I think teamwork is more essential with the zombies then it is with the players. In fact the only reason our game got close the other night is because we got better as a zombie team. usually vs games are blow outs and that is in my opinion because one team is usually more deadly with the zombies.
Follow Me on:

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

The entire game is all about the infected, IMO. Danimal's right. The individual zombie classes are basically useless, but it tandem they're deadly.

Unless a human gets way too far from his team, the hunter has to work with the boomer or the smoker. The smoker can grab one and drag him away from the group, which gives the hunter time to cut lose on him. Or the boomer's horde can create enough chaos that it'll give the hunter time to get lost in the crowd and go to town. Otherwise the hunter is pretty damn weak.

I'll suffer through playing as the humans just to play the infected side.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin