Rockstar announces Red Dead Redemption - PS3/360

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Rockstar announces Red Dead Redemption - PS3/360

Post by Danimal »

So how exactly does one cinematic travel?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

TCrouch wrote:Finished up the story over the weekend, and it was a pretty damned great segue into the original. I still have a few legendary animals to hunt down, and I'm looking forward to Red Dead Online and any DLC. Loved, loved, loved this game.
Lol, I've slowed down because I don't want the story to end. I'm close, but dammit, I love this story.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Danimal wrote:So how exactly does one cinematic travel?
Just hold the view ("boxes") button on XBox on the controller, and it will show framing bars on the view. Then you can hold A to stay with other group members when traveling. I have had hit or miss results when doing it solo. I've read different things, like holding A AND X, and it follows the road to a waypoint. Other times, all I've done is hold A and it followed it automatically. You can click the RS to change cameras in cinematic mode, and still move it around with the R stick to change view.

I think I played it for something like 80 hours, and I'm still not sure. But I do know you hold the view button to go into cinematic mode.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

TCrouch wrote:Finished up the story over the weekend, and it was a pretty damned great segue into the original. I still have a few legendary animals to hunt down, and I'm looking forward to Red Dead Online and any DLC. Loved, loved, loved this game.
Congrats on finishing! That's some dedication. I envision completing the story sometime next year. In one sitting, I'm enjoying playing a couple of the story missions and doing some side missions. I absolutely love and look forward to playing this game. I don't want it to end!

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I get excited every time I see a white circle on the map. It means I can prolong the ending for a bit longer...lol. Seriously, I'm going to be depressed when the credits roll... :lol:

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Very funny video on trying to gain weight.

https://www.polygon.com/videos/2018/11/ ... enge-video
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Pete1210 wrote:Very funny video on trying to gain weight.

https://www.polygon.com/videos/2018/11/ ... enge-video
That's freaking brilliant! :lol:
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Really enjoyed that episode where you encounter the big fat guy who’s married to his sister and they poison you. Got a good kick out of that one. 8)

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Teal wrote:I get excited every time I see a white circle on the map. It means I can prolong the ending for a bit longer...lol. Seriously, I'm going to be depressed when the credits roll... :lol:
I've been playing daily since it was released and JUST hit chapter 3.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sudz wrote:
Teal wrote:I get excited every time I see a white circle on the map. It means I can prolong the ending for a bit longer...lol. Seriously, I'm going to be depressed when the credits roll... :lol:
I've been playing daily since it was released and JUST hit chapter 3.
That’s me in a nutshell. My last four sessions of numerous hours have involved NO story missions. I’ve been hunting, doing side missions and simply taking it all in. Just a superb, epic game that hasn’t even launched RD Online yet. I can’t wait for that. Assassination missions, big game hunting, fishing contests, gang missions/bank robberies/heists, etc. It is the game of the decade for me.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Finished the main story arc today, just started the epilogue. That was just phenomenal. Can't wait to see what the epilogue holds. And still kilotons to do... :D

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Headed up to my parents for Turkey day, and wishing we had Xbox game streaming so I could keep playing this one on my phone or tablet... Lol. It's an addiction. :D

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Just picked it up. I'm not a fan of the wild west, but I liked the first rdr. So far so good. The controls are absolutely terrible. Rockstar can do anything they want, so I assume this is how they want them to be. Riding the horses is a chore. They turn like a big diesel truck on ice. Shooting is not very fluid. I wish the character moved around like snake in MGS. It doesn't have to be acrobatic like uncharted, but it just feels wrong and so clunky. If the rest of the game wasn't so amazing I feel like it would be a game breaker. I'm happy I got it and I am getting used to it, but the controls are not good. How many times have you guys been just trying to ride or walk and casually bump into someone, causing all hell to break loose? 90% of the game Dynamics are amazing, it's a shame that walking and riding a horse feel so cumbersome.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It’s a bit clunky when you start. As you progress, you start getting better horses, weaponry, clothing, everything that improves your experience. It never got to the point where it bothers me that much.

Just a great experience overall.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I don't think I've ever had an issue with the controls beyond trying to lie down on Arthur's cot instead ofchanging clothes....lol. The movement feels "right" to me, so much that I rarely get sucked out of the experience because of an "arcade" feel. The controls could be more responsive, I suppose, but I believe it would be at the expense of believability. I don't run anywhere if it's not necessary. I like taking my time. Anyway, if you let the game lead you, the control will largely fade into second nature. But I also adore everything Western, so keep that in mind... :D

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Just finished the epilogue. What a fantastic, engaging game. Tip: watch the credits.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

The beta for the online portion of “Red Dead Redemption 2” goes live in waves this week with those who purchased the Ultimate version of the game gaining access Tuesday, anyone who played on Nov. 26 gains access on Wednesday, anyone who played between Oct. 26 and Oct. 29 gets in on Thursday and everyone else by Friday.

The beta, which is free for those who own the game, first goes live at 8:30 a.m. ET and is designed to be the beginning of “Red Dead Online,” meaning that it won’t run for a limited time and that developers hope to allow players to keep their progress in the game as they continue to improve and iterate on it. No word on when it will shift from an open beta to the final version.
https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/re ... 203036161/
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

vader29 wrote:
The beta for the online portion of “Red Dead Redemption 2” goes live in waves this week with those who purchased the Ultimate version of the game gaining access Tuesday, anyone who played on Nov. 26 gains access on Wednesday, anyone who played between Oct. 26 and Oct. 29 gets in on Thursday and everyone else by Friday.

The beta, which is free for those who own the game, first goes live at 8:30 a.m. ET and is designed to be the beginning of “Red Dead Online,” meaning that it won’t run for a limited time and that developers hope to allow players to keep their progress in the game as they continue to improve and iterate on it. No word on when it will shift from an open beta to the final version.
https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/re ... 203036161/
YES!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Happy dance!!!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Is it just me, or the online mode seems even sharper, on HDR it rocks...Fun missions.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

10spro wrote:Is it just me, or the online mode seems even sharper, on HDR it rocks...Fun missions.
It's just you. Lol. I can't play till tomorrow... :D

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Teal wrote:
10spro wrote:Is it just me, or the online mode seems even sharper, on HDR it rocks...Fun missions.
It's just you. Lol. I can't play till tomorrow... :D
Me either :(
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Ohh..hell.. YES. This is going to eat up A LOT of my gaming time. It's just like the main game, so much more and better than the first, which is a high, high bar. The mp shootouts feel like Western shootouts. The free roam feels weightier. I haven't played a lot of the battle Royale, but it's different than the typical. Just don't know enough about it too make a call. But damn, damn, damn is this fun.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Some things they did really, really right. So the free roam map is, obviously, enormous. You can traverse the entirety if you choose, but they've also bite sized the areas, so if you want to free roam, say, Lemoyne, you can go there via the menu, or to New Austin, or the Snowy Mountain ranges, etc. The MP playlists are "Showdown series", "Showdown series large", and "race series". These put you in rooms where the maps and independent modes change round by round. Just finished a team death match in Saint Denis, and that mode is awesome. The big variety is 32 players, and each gang wear colored sashes like the cowboys from tombstone. It's all very intense. You can be wounded and revived, tackled and stabbed, fight off the tackle and reverse the attack, get on a Gatling... It's just a ton of fun. The free roam has story missions, hideouts, hunting, fishing, and posses. I'm just super pleased!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Holy smokes is RD2 Online awesome...and its only a beta. Teal and myself formed a Posse and got after it. Played a few deathmatches, a few missions, etc. and had an absolute ball. Love it. This game just keeps getting better.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25