Rockstar announces Red Dead Redemption - PS3/360

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Rockstar announces Red Dead Redemption - PS3/360

Post by Teal »

Diablo25 wrote:Holy smokes is RD2 Online awesome...and its only a beta. Teal and myself formed a Posse and got after it. Played a few deathmatches, a few missions, etc. and had an absolute ball. Love it. This game just keeps getting better.
That was a blast. We got a mission to steal back a stagecoach. We shot up the bad guys, took the stage, then I drove while Bill got shotgun and kept dudes off us. Then as soon as we returned it, we got a supplementary mission to steal and return a boat, but try not to kill anyone. We only killed one guy (truth, Bill did it!) and lassoed the rest, then he rowed while I kept watch with the rifle.

It's amazing how much fun this is. Those who played RDR online the first time? This smokes that one hard. Incredible.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

I hate owls. That is all.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

That's tiny compared to the update Battlefield V needs to be even remotely fun. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

pk500 wrote:
That's tiny compared to the update Battlefield V needs to be even remotely fun. :)
I've been enjoying BF V more than the last game and the friends I've been playing with feel the same.

I tried RDR online very briefly last night. Will be playing more tonight. Who's gonna pony up $200 to start the DS Posse?
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Yeah, I don’t understand the hatred towards BFV. Does it feel like COD? No. Does it have the tactical planning of a Ghost Reckon or Rainbow Six? No. Does it play like a typical Battlefied shooter? Yes and that hasn’t changed and probably won’t ever. Could it be improved? Of course and I certainly hope they will particular for the Medics as I don’t feel they have enough perks and whistles like the other classes since everyone can heal now.

Do people still don’t have a clue what they are doing in a battle? Absolutely, and that’s where my frustration is most of the time, but like Pete I am enjoying my Battlefield experience so far.

Is it kind of the same formula, sameness to BF 1? Yes and if you didn’t like that game you probably won’t find anything new here.

Now does it feel like you’re in WW2? There’s an argument for that if you will as I personally felt more immersed in BF1 fighting in WW2.

Now back to RDR 2, the game still rocks for me... :)

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

You can set up a temporary posse with up to four players, but this will disband when the session is over.

The other option is the “persistent posse.”

“A persistent posse can have up to seven players but will cost a fee to set up,” the game’s help menus state. “It is saved, and reforms whenever the posse leader is online. Players stats and awards are tracked, and you will have more freedom to customize your posse’s style.”

The posse system can be used to give you and your friends a sense of identity, as each posse has to be named and given an emblem. You have to select the location for your camp, and pick out your camp’s style of decorations. There is also a set of options for what kind of clothes your posse members will wear.

When you create your posse, you have the option of turning friendly fire on or off. I’d suggest keeping it off until you know exactly what you’re doing. It’s dangerous enough out there without one of your buddies accidentally shooting you off your horse.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/27/1811 ... ta-details
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Is that in game money or real money EA UT style ? if so you can f*** off Rockstaar.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Is that in game money or real money EA UT style ? if so you can f*** off Rockstaar.
Game $$
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

The Digital Sports Posse is now live. I only have 3 spots available at the moment (had to choose the small camp after spending all my money on opening the posse 8O ) but I'm hoping to open it up for seven later. I can't invite anyone who isn't currently playing the game, but anyway. Hope to get a posse wreaking havoc soon!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Teal wrote:The Digital Sports Posse is now live. I only have 3 spots available at the moment (had to choose the small camp after spending all my money on opening the posse 8O ) but I'm hoping to open it up for seven later. I can't invite anyone who isn't currently playing the game, but anyway. Hope to get a posse wreaking havoc soon!
Invite, please!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Invite pending. Bill, Terry, great fun tonight running with the posse! Getting seven in there is gonna be a riot! Favorite moment of the night was the jackwagon that rode toward us when he could see only one, with lasso in hand to do bad deeds, but turned his horse around and skedaddled when all three of us sauntered out of the woods... :lol:

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Single player still amazes me. Still not more than 1/2 way through the story and I play every day.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

JUST got to the epilogue. Looked at my stats versus all of you and i'm 4th with 111 hours played! (4.6 full days!)

taking my time still... just don't want this to end. For those of you who played to 100% is playing post-story still fun?

Also, I chose to go back for the $$. If you chose to stay with John, how does that end? Does Micah still take him out?

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

Sudz wrote:JUST got to the epilogue. Looked at my stats versus all of you and i'm 4th with 111 hours played! (4.6 full days!)

taking my time still... just don't want this to end. For those of you who played to 100% is playing post-story still fun?

Also, I chose to go back for the $$. If you chose to stay with John, how does that end? Does Micah still take him out?
I got hit with the disappearing gang members at my camp for retrying checkpoint in mission 2. According to Rockstar Games, “If you completed the mission ‘Polite Society, Valentine Style’ at the start of Chapter 2, but needed to use the Retry Checkpoint feature, then Sadie, Jack, John, and Abigail will only appear in camp when they have missions for you to complete." Since you have to find Sadie and little Jack to open up the fishing tutorial mission I have been unable to go fishing yet in the game. :(

So, I started over and I'm also taking my time playing through the Story Mode. I'm also dabbling a little with the Online Mode (playing with my adult daughter and son), but I've had trouble starting many Online posse missions.

My daughter just finished the Story Mode and she said she is now playing side missions as John Marston. She LOVES this game. :D

-MERACE

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

i just started wandering down past Blackwater instead of progressing Epilogue 1 and was shocked to find a ton of RDR1s map open and playable!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Just started the epilogue, after chapter 6 I was drained with emotions. So much in there, so much drama, the action. Oh this game rocks. 8)

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I think I'm the only one in the world that doesn't like this game.

The controls are what just kill it for me. Someone said it perfect - 2018 game w/ 2010 controls.

I also don't like I have to ride my horse pressing A. Or I cant get to all the locations w/ fast travel. I know it has fast travel but I liked how they did fast travel in RDR1. Not like this.

They should have done it like the AC games. Give me the option to fast travel or auto ride anywhere.

I'm in Chapter 4 and I haven't really been enthralled by the game or story.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Lol what ?

So many wtf moments to end and start the new year.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Red Dead 2 = game of the year 2018. Period. My opinion. The solo campaign is incredibly in-depth with superb...SUPERB voice acting and an emotional connection that you simply do not get in most games. I honestly feel it’s the best game of the past decade...again, my opinion. There are so many layers to the game that it’s useless to list them all. While you are playing you can’t help but appreciate the amount of blood sweat and tears Rockstar put into the game. Even if you take the main story out of the game - all of the journeys, side missions, people you "meet’, and adventures that aren’t even connected to the story are incredible. Red Dead Online is still in beta so I won’t comment on it but it has tons of potential. The game is a masterpiece of modern culture that all games should strive for.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Inuyasha wrote:I think I'm the only one in the world that doesn't like this game.
'

Trust me you're not, there are a lot of people who don't they just aren't on these forums.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I don’t think I’ll ever finish it. IMO, it is certainly more ‘entertaining’ (well written, acted, etc..) than it is ‘fun’. That really bums me out. I wanted to love it (finished RD1 easily!), but just couldn’t get into it. And I know it’s not fair to rock star, but every time I fired it up, I ‘d eventually wish it was a new GTA instead of another RD.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Diablo25 wrote:Red Dead 2 = game of the year 2018. Period. My opinion. The solo campaign is incredibly in-depth with superb...SUPERB voice acting and an emotional connection that you simply do not get in most games. I honestly feel it’s the best game of the past decade...again, my opinion. There are so many layers to the game that it’s useless to list them all. While you are playing you can’t help but appreciate the amount of blood sweat and tears Rockstar put into the game. Even if you take the main story out of the game - all of the journeys, side missions, people you "meet’, and adventures that aren’t even connected to the story are incredible. Red Dead Online is still in beta so I won’t comment on it but it has tons of potential. The game is a masterpiece of modern culture that all games should strive for.
This^^^^^^^^

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

greggsand wrote:I don’t think I’ll ever finish it. IMO, it is certainly more ‘entertaining’ (well written, acted, etc..) than it is ‘fun’. That really bums me out. I wanted to love it (finished RD1 easily!), but just couldn’t get into it.
Bingo! I wish I could just watch the damn story and not play it. It's not my job to work through your back ass control system to enjoy myself. Plenty of people did and love this game, plenty of people expected controls that weren't a decade old.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

Teal wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Red Dead 2 = game of the year 2018. Period. My opinion. The solo campaign is incredibly in-depth with superb...SUPERB voice acting and an emotional connection that you simply do not get in most games. I honestly feel it’s the best game of the past decade...again, my opinion. There are so many layers to the game that it’s useless to list them all. While you are playing you can’t help but appreciate the amount of blood sweat and tears Rockstar put into the game. Even if you take the main story out of the game - all of the journeys, side missions, people you "meet’, and adventures that aren’t even connected to the story are incredible. Red Dead Online is still in beta so I won’t comment on it but it has tons of potential. The game is a masterpiece of modern culture that all games should strive for.
This^^^^^^^^
Dittos^^^^^^^

-MERACE