Rockstar announces Red Dead Redemption - PS3/360

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Rockstar announces Red Dead Redemption - PS3/360

Post by XXXIV »

Im playing last couple of days and its not easy to get into after playing a game that is easy to get into....

Its beautiful and has a million times the story of ACO but damn why is it so f***in stiff? Let loose a little!

A great problem I have. I just keep restarting it.

Too MUCH DETAIL! Ill get it and finish it. Its pretty awesome. Like watching a great western.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Finished the main story today (still have the epilogue) and this is definitely the game of the year for me. Probably the best game of the past decade for me. Just an incredible story with superb attention to detail. The voice acting is the best I’ve seen in a video game. Some emotional moments with character/gamer connection in the game. I can’t say enough about it. I chuckle at the sites that gave God of War their game of the year. For those who havent played it yet or are in the midst of it - enjoy the game. Its one of the best you will experience.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I am going to be as cryptic as possible but spoiler alert!

I finished main story last night.

Amazing game and I am going to play through the epilogue but there is a story point that really soured me on the open world facet of the game. I no longer cared about anything but finishing the game. So up to that point I didnt care about the main story missions. I just roamed around doing nothing and enjoying the sand box.

After that certain event I was f*** this s*** it no longer matters at all ... I no longer give a s*** about anything but ending this. So I completely reversed my approach and played through the end super fast. ....Really unhappy with that turn.

Really ruined the way I was playing game. Became a different game for me. I know you need to tie it all up and get rid of this guy but really?

The story is brilliant and really plays like an epic western fim....So intense. Great in every way except for this one thing.

Awesome game...Second best game I have ever played behind Witcher 3 which never betrayed its own game play. 8)

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Finished the epilogue.

Great story. I really hated the assholes in it.

Second best game ever on my list.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Online is out of beta, and they added a bunch more co-op missions to the mix. Played one with some randoms, but kept thinking how much more fun it be with friends. Was fun venturing back into the old West. Would like to get the posse together sometime soon and tackle a few missions.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Teal wrote:Online is out of beta, and they added a bunch more co-op missions to the mix. Played one with some randoms, but kept thinking how much more fun it be with friends. Was fun venturing back into the old West. Would like to get the posse together sometime soon and tackle a few missions.
I need to fire it up.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

PC Release Nov. 5th
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

If you are a PC gamer and haven’t played this game - get it. Best single player game I have ever played. Incredible.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Played 3 hours on the PC last night, I purchased off the Rockstar game launcher. My impressions are mixed. You know I like my bullet points.
  • The PC interface is horrible using the keyboard. I know I can map some of this to my mouse but imagine riding your horse something you do a lot in this game requires holding down W, and the Left Shift key to gallop. Hell I had an easier time learning guitar with those finger gymnastics. I switch to the XB1 controller after 1 hour. Good news is for whatever reason the character controls a lot better.
  • Graphically it is stunning on my high end PC and runs very well. I am getting the occasional odd glitch where my screen goes black fro a second like a TV does when changing resolutions. It doesn't happen that often.
  • My biggest issues came last night when I had to pause the game in the early mission when you go hunting. I walked away for 5 minutes came back an unpaused and was met with an Alert Screen asking me if I wanted to overwrite my autosave as previous progress would be lost. Since I literally didn't do anything I said no. Then was dumped back to me at the mining camp. I had to start the mission over and I couldn't find a way to skip the cinematic riding scene out to the hunting grounds.
  • On the plus side that is the longest I've ever played the game in one sitting. Being close to my ultrawide monitor is very helpful for me to keep my attention. The improved player movement helped as well. Starting to wonder if I will ever turn on a console again.
Follow Me on:

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Getting back in to this game after spending the last couple months with Ghost of Tsushima.

Not sure how far I am, and I'm a little foggy on the story since it's been a while since I played. Just got to the city.

Anyways, game is beautiful, but I wonder if there is any chance it will get optimized for the Series X?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Pretty sure all their efforts are to RD Online at this point.
Follow Me on:

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Danimal wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:02 pm
Pretty sure all their efforts are to RD Online at this point.
Just look at GTA V.... Makes me worried we'll get anymore single-player games from R*