Madden 10 - Will they prove us wrong?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Rodster wrote:
Zlax45 wrote:Got three XBox 360 codes today...
PM Sent. :)[/quote

Replied
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Zlax45 wrote:Replied

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

wtf.. so gamestop calls me and tells me I have to drive to their store to get my code?

good grief...

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

I got the same call and I had it in my email!!
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

wco81 wrote: Tiburon and EA in general have demonstrated a cynical approach to fixing flaws. All this community interaction has done is that some glaring problems are identified early, some are patched but the other issues aren't addressed.
I realize this is a Madden thread, so my apologies for the mini-threadjack, but I could not let this one go without commenting....

Lets not tarbrush ALL of EA Tiburon....the TW10 and TW Online guys are interacting with their communities, fixing issues, taking LIVE Tournament requests, asking TW Online Beta users what features they want to see in the game, etc....not everyone at EA nor Tiburon is as "cynical" as you would try to have us believe....

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

DivotMaker wrote:
wco81 wrote: Tiburon and EA in general have demonstrated a cynical approach to fixing flaws. All this community interaction has done is that some glaring problems are identified early, some are patched but the other issues aren't addressed.
I realize this is a Madden thread, so my apologies for the mini-threadjack, but I could not let this one go without commenting....

Lets not tarbrush ALL of EA Tiburon....the TW10 and TW Online guys are interacting with their communities, fixing issues, taking LIVE Tournament requests, asking TW Online Beta users what features they want to see in the game, etc....not everyone at EA nor Tiburon is as "cynical" as you would try to have us believe....
Very true.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

It's a Madden thread.

And Tiburon is more identified with Madden than anything else.

Period.

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

I usually play as a DE in football games. Over the last week I've played some APF 2k8 (PS3), NCAA 09 (PS3), NCAA 10 (PS3) and Madden 09 (PS2).

In APF and the SP2 Madden, I had fun as a D lineman because I felt like I had some control over shedding blocks. In the NCAA games I was frustrated a lot of the time with how difficult it was to shed blockers. It's like part suction, part animations that seem to be the issue. Maybe NCAA is more realistic, but it's not very fun most of the time. How is the lineplay on Madden for the PS3/360?
-Matt

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

TJ Houshmadzadeh takes a principled stand against the new Madden, depriving humanity of 'the best in the world [player] at Madden', and indirectly criticizing his real world team's offense. LOL, what a moron.
I understand I averaged 10 yards a catch, but it's the offense, not me. I'm not playing Madden no more until they get my rating right. ... I used to be the best in the world at Madden. I'm going to miss not playing it, but until they do me right, I' not playing it any more.
http://kotaku.com/5319820/nfler-feeling ... -madden-10[/quote]

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Fellas just letting you know that the Gamestop demo is now available. It was due at 9pm but apparently MS got wise and didn't want to overload the servers at 9pm.

It's a 1GB demo and i'm downloading it now. Thanks for the code Zlax45. 8)

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Just some quick impressions of the 5min SB demo. The presentation looks to be improved ala MLB2k7 stadium cutscenes where the crowd is meandering about the stadium. You'll get greeted with pregame team and NFL stats along with trivia. Nice opening intro of the players entering the field. You'll see the captains and sideline players looking up and watching the Air Force fly over the stadium.

Demo begins and yes there are refs on the field. I started playing but had to quit early as i'm heading off to work. :(

I was playing on All Pro and the game plays much tougher out of the box with default sliders. Lobbing a pass into the open field is a joy to watch. I like the camera angle, looks different from Madden 09. The CPU (ARZ) has game. They blew a hole and scorched me for a long gainer on the ground. Got back an INT on a cover 2.

On my drive I got stuffed at the line. I started to move the ball in the air with Big Ben. I stopped when I had to punt the ball back.

The game feels and plays much different to Madden 09. I think i'll be getting this when it's released.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Nice early impressions Rodster. Hopefully it looks better than NCAA '10 on the PS3. Glad I rented that game!

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Thanks for the heads up Rodster. I was able to redeem my code online from work and set it to download before my wife left the house this morning. I had her turn the 360 on and off and it's downloading right now. I thought I'd be waiting until 10 or 10:30 to play the demo tonight with all of the traffic but now it will be waiting for me when I get home. :D
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

ScoopBrady wrote:Thanks for the heads up Rodster. I was able to redeem my code online from work and set it to download before my wife left the house this morning. I had her turn the 360 on and off and it's downloading right now. I thought I'd be waiting until 10 or 10:30 to play the demo tonight with all of the traffic but now it will be waiting for me when I get home. :D
Comedy...same here. I called my wife to have her fire up the XBox and set it up so that I could check it out at lunch. :lol:

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

Played the GS demo.. very impressed.. already seen something that you never saw in Madden before. Warner (me) hits LF right at the goaline and pushed back.. the next scene shows the refs talking about if was a TD or not.. SWEET!!

Much different than 09, and turbo doesn't give you the automatic "run ahead of the field" anymore it seems..

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Just a heads up for those without the Gamestop codes, the 1-minute quarter demo is up now too.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

5 minute quarters for me through the GS pre-order, and already 6 INT's in the first half. :(

Not to impressed on my short play through...although I haven't played Madden on next gen.

I was impressed with the pocket though...felt realistic.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Just reading through the impressions at OS and it appears to be a mixed bag....lots of hating though for sure! :lol:
I'm jonesing for a good sports game to tide me over until NHL 10. I bought Tiger Woods 10 and Grand Slam tennis for the Wii but I just can't get into them. I want to like the golf game so bad but it's just not my cup of tea. Thought of trading in both towards NCAA but have held off at this point.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pigpen81 wrote:I was impressed with the pocket though...felt realistic.
I just managed a quick game and I must say that passing feels much more like APF when you're controlling the QB and a lot of precision is needed.

Love the crowd animations, can't remember if it was in 09, but seeing a coach rip into a player is a classic.

The camera during post play felt a bit jittery and some of the cut scenes don't flow properly. Played under the snow and btw no commentary on the demo.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

tjung0831 wrote:Just reading through the impressions at OS and it appears to be a mixed bag....lots of hating though for sure! :lol:
I'm jonesing for a good sports game to tide me over until NHL 10. I bought Tiger Woods 10 and Grand Slam tennis for the Wii but I just can't get into them. I want to like the golf game so bad but it's just not my cup of tea. Thought of trading in both towards NCAA but have held off at this point.
I'd rent NCAA, or I suppose you could always trade it in for Madden for $40 if you don't like it. I was not impressed with NCAA on my first play through yesterday evening. I'm looking forward to the Madden demo. It does seem like a mixed bag in terms of reviews, and I think part of that has to do with the slow down speed of the Madden demo. Unfortunately, you only get one option in the demo. Although, you read impressions over at Pasta's site, and more people are impressed with Madden than NCAA. I think it all comes down to preference of NCAA vs. NFL, and obviously the overall game feel.

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

tjung0831 wrote:Just reading through the impressions at OS and it appears to be a mixed bag....
You're right about that. Some people loving it, others saying it's not nearly as impressive as we've been led to believe. I haven't pre-ordered it so I'm going to have to wait until next week to try the 1 minute quarters on the PS3 and see for myself whether it's a big upgrade from past Maddens or just more of the same with a fresh coat of paint.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

My quick impression was definitely more from the non-hardcore side as I haven't played Madden extensively since 2005 or 2005, but, this game still felt the same as it did many moons ago.

I still see the same plays in the playbook that I have seen since Madden's inception back in 1990.

On All-Pro settings, I shouldn't have 6 INT's.

The thing was, they were all legit in that they should have been made.....BUT, no way does that ever happen in the NFL...so something is off.

Plus, it seemed like my RB took forever to hit the hole....like I was running in quick sand.

I'll will maybe play later....but my first impression is ho hum...I have been there and done that.
Last edited by pigpen81 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seanmac31
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by seanmac31 »

The game speed is so much slower than either Madden 09 or NCAA 10 that it feels sluggish your first game or two. I haven't had a chance to really put it through its paces, but my early impression is positive, but not overwhelmingly so. The on-field graphics look very sharp and some of the animations are nice. There is definitely a pocket that forms, although there seems to be a bit too much time before the pocket collapses, a la NCAA 10. When you go into replays, it starts in the middle of the play most of the time, so you can't look at how interactions occur out of the snap. In terms of presentation, it still isn't up to NFL 2K5 in terms of the integration of replays with cut scenes, but it's a big step up from any next-gen EA game I've seen, and there's a lot of overlap with 2K5 as far as the cut scenes go.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

tjung0831 wrote:Just reading through the impressions at OS and it appears to be a mixed bag....lots of hating though for sure! :lol:
Yeah, I think I'm taking TW 10 for the wii back too..

I like NCAA 10 so far.. probably put that money towards NHL 10, although I'm still anxious to see what NHL 2k10 has this year.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Geez, and people got on me for selling Tiger Woods '10 for the Wii after a week and half's worth of play.......good game, but not my type of game.