Fallout 3

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Fallout 3

Post by MizzouRah »

Getting this for sure on release day.. oh.. the days of Wasteland.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrailer ... ep=40&ch=1

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

I'll be playing a gazillion rentals over the next two months I'm sure, but this is the one game I'm buying.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Fallout done Oblivion style. I'm all over it. I've been anxiously awaiting this title for quite some time now. The 28th can't get here soon enough.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I'm with you both.. this one should be up there with GOW and Bioshock I'm hoping.

slyguy
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by slyguy »

I am all over this game as well, as with many of the other titles that are coming out.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Definitely my most anticipated game this fall, even over GoW 2. The videos fished me in, and I like the idea of the targeted combat system based on your character's abilities.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

After watching a bunch of preview vids of this game I just preordered it. The genre is not a huge favorite of mine but this game looks to be deep and very well done. Kinda reminds me of Half Life from watching the vids. I know its not from the HL mold but I seem to get the same feeling when watching the vids. I'm anxious to play this thing!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The previews suggest that the PC version is the one to get for graphics.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I've never played a Fallout game...but I bought this one. Seems huge, looks awesome.

Now that you're done with that, fellas...take that Fallout engine and do us an Old West world. Think Oblivion in Dodge City, Tombstone, Carson City... :D
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Granatofan
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Granatofan »

Teal wrote:I've never played a Fallout game...but I bought this one. Seems huge, looks awesome.

Now that you're done with that, fellas...take that Fallout engine and do us an Old West world. Think Oblivion in Dodge City, Tombstone, Carson City... :D
They should do this with Stephen King's Dark Tower universe. Questing through Gilead would never get old.
Hating and Insurging since '85.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Teal wrote:I've never played a Fallout game...but I bought this one. Seems huge, looks awesome.

That actually sounds very cool.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Diablo25 wrote:

That actually sounds very cool.
Doesn't it? Boy, what fun that'd be.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I've always though and Old West MMO would be a hit. Playing Cowboys and Native American (had to be PC) or Law man and Bank Robber would be fun as heck. Only way to do it is have permanent death though for your player.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

I wonder how good TRU is at getting games....I have three games to get rid of....
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

If I pick up Fallout tomorrow on the PC...am I gonna be lost because I've never even heard of the series before, let alone 2 previous games...lol. What the hell kind of game is it? It looks kinda like an Oblivion type game, just in a different setting. Is that fair to say?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

It's safe to say playing Fallout 3 is not going to be like 1 & 2. F3 is a first person rpg like Oblivion but set in a post nuclear Washington DC. The first two were excellent isometric rpg's.

I think you would be fine playing Fallout 3 without knowing anything about the first 2.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Cool...I played the hell out of Oblivion (and it took out my first two 360s, lol)...so if it's structured like that, I'll be down. Was just worrying that I'd miss out on the story or whatever.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

IGN Review. Seems the reviewer really liked it. Can't wait to give it a spin.

<embed src='http://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='object_ID=901269&downloadURL=http://xbox360movies.ign.com/xbox360/vi ... rking="all%"' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360'></embed>

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

All the reviews have either been a 10 or in the upper 90's. Decisions, decisions? Do I torrent the PC version or do I get the 360 version at Circuit City with a $10 GC and free strategy guide? :lol:

I'm actually leaning on the 360 ATM. I'm not sure if my PC will be able to run this game? Too bad CC doesn't have the same deal for the PS3.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Cool...I played the hell out of Oblivion (and it took out my first two 360s, lol)...so if it's structured like that, I'll be down. Was just worrying that I'd miss out on the story or whatever.
It's been described as Oblivion with guns. And I believe there is no leveling of enemies, which is cool.

I'm getting this today. Can't wait to play it.

NoJoke
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by NoJoke »

dbdynsty25 wrote:If I pick up Fallout tomorrow on the PC...am I gonna be lost because I've never even heard of the series before, let alone 2 previous games...lol. What the hell kind of game is it? It looks kinda like an Oblivion type game, just in a different setting. Is that fair to say?
DB--

I feel the same way. Gametrailers.com has a "retrospective" of the first two games, where they tell you the plot, how the game was developed, etc. Definitely will give you a better idea of what the series is all about.

Joe

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Can't wait to pick up my copy on my way home tonight.. could be a late night tonight.. or I might just wait until the weekend.

JohnnytheSkin
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by JohnnytheSkin »

I'm picking it up today...but I have to turn it over to the wife as she's keeping it for a Christmas present.

:(

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

JohnnytheSkin wrote:I'm picking it up today...but I have to turn it over to the wife as she's keeping it for a Christmas present.

:(
WHAAA!? Surely you can negotiate a better arrangement.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

LOL, I had to do that with Rock Band last year. It was a long few weeks until Christmas.