Fifa09 club team(360)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MACTEPsporta
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by MACTEPsporta »

RobVarak wrote:
MACTEPsporta wrote:I tell you, those 11 days, that Europeans will be enjoying the game before we get a chance to unpack it, will be a long wait. That's why I keep stressing that we need to be able to play cohesively as a team from the go.
We played '08 for 11 months without ever being able to play cohesively. Now you want us to do that in 11 days???
I am an optimist. Plus, this time around you get myself, forensic and dogma from the start.
RobVarak wrote:We've got the entire world of football to choose from. We are not going with a freaking MLS team. :)
Milan? Please? I can already see Rob typing a comment that will use 'Berlusconi', 'criminal' and 'bent' in it.

Actually, I am not sure we will be locked to one team in CLUBS, we may be able to pick a team in the selection screen, since all we are really picking is a uniform. It would make sense we'd be able to shake it up.

EDIT: Zeppo, it's been confirmed, "any" will be available in CLUBS.
http://www.operationsports.com/feature.php?id=666
Q: What happens if you have less than 10 players?

A: The CPU will control players if you have less than 10 players. If you have less than 10 players, say 7, than each user can choose the option of being fixed to a position or being able to switch between their position and the 3 CPU controlled positions. The key is you have to make this decision before the game and choose to be able to swap between your player and CPU controlled players when you are setting up the game. So some users may choose to remain fixed to their player the entire game while others may choose to be able to swap between their player and the CPU controlled players.
Last edited by MACTEPsporta on Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DrCosta
Mario Mendoza

Post by DrCosta »

The TFC kit is great, red and white all the way and are the metrostars dead?, now they are the redbulls right? im just looking for a team noone will choose, but im not the captain, so we should have a poll to choose the team

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

MACTEPsporta wrote:
Zeppo, it's been confirmed, "any" will be available in CLUBS.
Happy, happy, joy, joy!!
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

dougb
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dougb »

I've got to get in on this insanity - I'd like to play midfield.

Best wishes,

Doug
"Every major sport has come under the influence of organized crime. FIFA actually is organized crime" - Charles Pierce

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

If I get the game (and I almost assuredly will), I'll join w/just about any position (I tend to like playing in the hole, but will take any position).

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

I'd like to get in on this as well. Prefer winger but will play whatever is needed.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

JohnnytheSkin
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by JohnnytheSkin »

If you guys need another, count me in. I can't play as a forward to save my life, however. I'll stick to midfield or the wing.

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

MACTEPsporta wrote:
Here are my position suggestions. I also see Rob as a centre-back. Basically I just want him as far away from our opponent's goal as possible. Zeppo is a d-mid, centre-mid, or a full back. Forensic - striker, a-mid. Dogma - centre-back, full-back, centre-mid. Macca - bench (just for that comment), winger (if he is nice to me). Dr. Costa - striker, winger. ddtrane - can play anywhere he wants as long as he is in the same line as Rob, for entertainment purposes, if nothing else. Striker, or a-mid for myself.
Hey, thanks for mentioning me in your post. I can't wait till this game comes out. I can play where ever needed.
gamertag: ddtrane65

forensicd
Mario Mendoza

Post by forensicd »

The question isnt what positions we will all play, but more like how long will it take for total anarchy to ensue, with Rob running wild in midfield taking out anything that moves, zeppo shooting from just outside of Utica, and Master reverting back to his native tongue after we lose 12 - 0. Still, its going to be fun as hell though.

barking_dogma
Mario Mendoza

Post by barking_dogma »

I very skeptical about this club team stuff. No one would want to commit to playing Left Back or any defensive position time and again. I'm happy to take a turn there if everyone else does. Besides, who is Zeppo going to yell "Shoot the f'ing ball!" to if i'm not up front every once in a while.

Master should play "Turn the ball over"...if that was a position. "Yell at randoms" would be a lock for him too. Forensic could play "Complain about the AI" and Zeppo and Rob could be first string "Conversationalists". As for me...i'm ok with being the wind beneath Master's wings along with everyone else he mentioned in his post.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

forensicd wrote:The question isnt what positions we will all play, but more like how long will it take for total anarchy to ensue, with Rob running wild in midfield taking out anything that moves, zeppo shooting from just outside of Utica, and Master reverting back to his native tongue after we lose 12 - 0. Still, its going to be fun as hell though.
Isn't that our strategy? And I take at least as many wild-ass shots from 30 yards as Zeppo. :)

Re: Dogma. I'd be happy to play SB as long as I have license to overlap. s***, if I get stuck playing CB my forward runs will make Beckenbauer look timid by comparison. LOL

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

I would be interested in this as well.

I tend to agree that maybe random positions would be best. Wouldn't be fair to be stuck with defense all the time.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

I'm going to go search the team list in FIFA 08 to find the most obscure random team I find for us to be. :) The sh!ttier the team the better...how about Everton?

I don't think we'll have a full group of 10 at any given time so we can just leave the back four to the two 'ANY' players (and if that's what we end up doing I don't mind playing an 'ANY' back on defense).

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Macca00 wrote:I'm going to go search the team list in FIFA 08 to find the most obscure random team I find for us to be. :) The sh!ttier the team the better...how about Everton?
:lol:

All I care about is a top-shelf strip!!

MACTEPsporta
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by MACTEPsporta »

RobVarak wrote:
Macca00 wrote:I'm going to go search the team list in FIFA 08 to find the most obscure random team I find for us to be. :) The sh!ttier the team the better...how about Everton?
:lol:
All I care about is a top-shelf strip!!
It's not just the strip, we will have players' names on our back, let's keep it realistic.

miget33
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by miget33 »

If you need people, I can be a great Andy Johnson.

barking_dogma
Mario Mendoza

Post by barking_dogma »

I like the idea of being an MLS team...if only for the irony of it.

As for being ready to take on Europe...the Europeans can take their tea, croissants and 5000 varieties of cheese and stick it in their 220 volt sockets...give me a tub of Freedom Fries and a Miller Lite and bring it.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

barking_dogma wrote:I like the idea of being an MLS team...if only for the irony of it.

As for being ready to take on Europe...the Europeans can take their tea, croissants and 5000 varieties of cheese and stick it in their 220 volt sockets...give me a tub of Freedom Fries and a Miller Lite and bring it.
Ya f*** you Europe! :D
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

Newcastle and/or the spurs would be my vote.

Seriously though why not go crazy and pick and chose something like Fiorentina. Pink is the new black:)

Scratch that I meant Palermo:)

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

Who wouldn't want to dress up in these fancy duds?

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I'm gonna request no barcode uni's like Newcastle.

If only the game contained the original MLS jerseys. There was an embarrassment of riches for wacky jerseys. Or maybe it's just an embarrassment.

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

Just make sure Rob plays with the "I don't kick it out of bounds" camera angle, and we'll be fine :lol:

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Im up for some midfield madness. Ill go along side Macca in the middle, his Xabi to steven so to speak.

DrCosta
Mario Mendoza

Post by DrCosta »

since the game comes out today or tomm. time to revive thread to make sure the dsp FIFA club team is still on. we need to decide what jersey we will use TFC is my choice :D

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Of course I am being bias: Boca Juniors. :D