9/11. 7 years later.

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

9/11. 7 years later.

Post by Jackdog »

RIP cousin.Image

As well as all your brothers.http://www.nytimes.com/library/national ... cuers.html

Still seems like last year too me.

RIP to all the innocent civillians that died that day.

RIP to all my fellow soldiers.

God bless all the families who lost someone because of that day.
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: 9/11. 7 years later.

Post by GameSeven »

JackDog wrote: RIP cousin.

Still seems like last year too me.

RIP to all the innocent civillians that died that day.

RIP to all my fellow soldiers.

God bless all the families who lost someone because of that day.
Yep, and my cousin:

I remember exchanging messages with you about this before, Jack. Thanks again for your kind words and brave deeds in the wake of that day...

Never forget...

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Thoughts today to everyone who lost a loved one that horrible day.

9/11 will be forever a bittersweet day for me: It's a day of unspeakable tragedy for America; it's also my parents' wedding anniversary. Fifty-four years today.

Take care,
PK

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

pk500 wrote:Thoughts today to everyone who lost a loved one that horrible day.

9/11 will be forever a bittersweet day for me: It's a day of unspeakable tragedy for America; it's also my parents' wedding anniversary. Fifty-four years today.

Take care,
PK
Give them a kiss from me and Carol.
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: 9/11. 7 years later.

Post by Jackdog »

GameSeven wrote:
Yep, and my cousin:

ImageImage

I remember exchanging messages with you about this before, Jack. Thanks again for your kind words and brave deeds in the wake of that day...

Never forget...

I pray your family gets through the day the best they can. If you don't mind I put your cousin next to mine. They went in when everyone was running out. Some want to forget. Our families never will.

God bless brother.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

7 years. How many children have gone 7 long years missing fathers and mothers, aunts and uncles because of that day? How many widows and widowers have seen 7 lonely wedding anniversaries pass without the one they love?

And despite all that terrible sadness, those of us who remain and remember are inspired by the bravery and selflessness of those who took action to help others on that day and since. They have set an example for all of us as Americans and as brothers and sisters.

We should never forget the lost and we must never forget those who served.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Bless all who lost, and were lost...
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

It's hard to believe it's been 7 years. God bless those who sacrificed their lives so we could have better ones.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

To all the innocent victims of that tragedy.....

R.I.P.

WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

There is still a hole down there and I still hate going near it. I will never forget. I still recall the smell from time to time. It is not a pleasant memory. v

JD thank you for all you do and have done, all you and your brethren have sacrificed in the name of the people of the United States. Our debts to you cannot be repaid.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

To the victims and families of 9/11 - YOU WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN!!!!!!!!

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

Seven years already. I can still recall exactly where I was and the first few hours of reporting I heard and saw that day. I can guarantee I will never forget any of that.

Thanks aren't enough for those that gave their lives on that day and in the 7 years since for our country.
-Matt

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

matthewk wrote:Seven years already. I can still recall exactly where I was and the first few hours of reporting I heard and saw that day. I can guarantee I will never forget any of that.
I know what you mean.

I went to work that day, anyway -- I was in Iowa, what else could I do? I listened to the radio at my desk, and I will never forget the sound of Peter Jennings almost breaking down in tears as he described the towers falling. The events seemed so unreal that it was almost like it didn't sink in, until I heard the man who personified the cool, calm, collected anchor fight to keep from breaking down.

A terrible, terrible day.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Brando70 wrote:
matthewk wrote:Seven years already. I can still recall exactly where I was and the first few hours of reporting I heard and saw that day. I can guarantee I will never forget any of that.
I know what you mean.

I went to work that day, anyway -- I was in Iowa, what else could I do? I listened to the radio at my desk, and I will never forget the sound of Peter Jennings almost breaking down in tears as he described the towers falling. The events seemed so unreal that it was almost like it didn't sink in, until I heard the man who personified the cool, calm, collected anchor fight to keep from breaking down.

A terrible, terrible day.
I was a SAS programmer in a massive cubicle farm, and the human wave of disbelief/shock/nausea/horror that swept across the office was awful, and unforgettable. People ran to friends, to offices, to the corner where someone had an old black and white TV. I live and work in NJ, so people were crying, screaming, because many of them had a friend, brother, sister, cousin, etc that worked in the towers.

Anyway, I won't forget.

Smurfy
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Smurfy »

September 11, 1973. September 11, 2001.

Significant yet meaningless days.

7 years and 35 years later - nothing learned and no justice.

The death, destruction and distraction continue ...

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Smurfy wrote:September 11, 1973. September 11, 2001.

WTF...bloviate somewhere else about all your political bullshit. This ain't the time, nor the place.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

ProvoAnC
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ProvoAnC »

Never forget those who died
Never forgive those who killed them

I have a new gamertag Provo 4569

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

Smurfy wrote:September 11, 1973. September 11, 2001.

Nice. Thanks.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Particularly on this day.

Do. Not. Feed. The. Trolls.

XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I can't believe it has been 7 years. I had discussions in my history class today about that horrible day and what my students, who were in 3rd grade that year, remember about it.

To all who perished...RIP.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

Always in our hearts, never out of our minds...Never Forget.

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

I'll never forget. One of my best friends lost his college roommate. I remember my wife being distraught because her mother works in Manhattan and she was trying to get into contact with her.

It was strange because I had just days before come back from my Naval Reserve duty in England; everyone at the office (including me) was wondering if they'd send me off somewhere. (They didn't by the way.)

The dedication of the firefighters and police officers is staggering. To walk into hell while everyone else is streaming out... it takes a special kind of person.

And what did the terrorists gain by it? Not a damn thing. I remember being upset over the lives that were lost, and for the ones I knew we would be losing later because of it. All that and the terrorists are not one step closer to whatever their ultimate goal is than before the attacks. What a collosal waste.

I'm not a religious man by any stretch, but God bless all of them and their families.
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

Nozzleman_216
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Nozzleman_216 »

Yesterday was just a day that you didn't want to be at the firehouse. What happened that day I know will never be forgotten, but to think what my brothers went though that day and to this day is insurmountable. If only those buildings hadn't fallen :cry:

343 Firefighters, doing their job, a thankless one at that, something that I and many others do day in and day out. We sometimes take our own job for granted, its a wonderful profession. But Not on this day.
XBL: Nozzleman 216
PSN: Nozzleman_216

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

SEMINOLE wrote:Yesterday was just a day that you didn't want to be at the firehouse. What happened that day I know will never be forgotten, but to think what my brothers went though that day and to this day is insurmountable. If only those buildings hadn't fallen :cry:

343 Firefighters, doing their job, a thankless one at that, something that I and many others do day in and day out. We sometimes take our own job for granted, its a wonderful profession. But Not on this day.
Those brave firemen that walked into the burning towers on 9/11 while everyone else was running out, fleeing for their lives, brought courage to a new level. To put their own life aside to possibly save others who were trapped or stuck. If there is a heaven, those guys will be V.I.P.'s.

Thanks Seminole to you and your brothers in the Fire Dept's across the country. Your bravery and courage were admired by the world on that day. We can never repay that sacrifice.