NHL09: DSP EASHL (360)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

Man - that 24 hour update yesterday really screwed up the servers.....

Either my game froze, or Live just cut out on me..

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

nyisles16 wrote:Man - that 24 hour update yesterday really screwed up the servers.....

Yes it looks like Live is on the fritz... I got dumped too. Most guys look like they got bumped even earlier than us. Hopefully they are back before too long.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

nyisles16 wrote:Man - that 24 hour update yesterday really screwed up the servers.....

I can't remember how many times the game froze on me. Not good in any case. Got in later and the servers were down.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

Zeppo wrote:I
In general, I'd much rather have a human goalie than not, because I know that a good human goalie can be very tough to beat, but it's way too easy to spiral down into disaster if the guy playing goalie isn't 100% comfortable with the role. In the end, the most important thing for a human goalie is to have defensman who are really concentrating on helping him out, but you have to want to be between the pipes in any case.
I'm all about being the goalie whenever possible as it is the most intense position on the ice for me. Sure the puck disappears down the other end of the ice for a bit but when it comes speeding back down into our half it is an absolute blast getting the positioning right and juking left or right just in time to knock away a well timed shot.

I won't be back in San Diego until later this week but when I get back to my 360 I'll be able to join you dudes online again. Good times:)

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

macsomjrr wrote: I'm all about being the goalie whenever possible as it is the most intense position on the ice for me. Sure the puck disappears down the other end of the ice for a bit but when it comes speeding back down into our half it is an absolute blast getting the positioning right and juking left or right just in time to knock away a well timed shot.
I like it too! When the puck is down the other end, hit the back button to toggle focus on the puck so you can follow the action. As soon as it's turned over, hit the button again and get ready to play goalie again. There is nothing more rewarding that making a reflex-only save. Great fun!

JohnnytheSkin
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by JohnnytheSkin »

Any chance I can get an invite to the team (if there's still room)? My other team is no longer active and I'd like to get in some more BAP.

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

JohnnytheSkin wrote:Any chance I can get an invite to the team (if there's still room)? My other team is no longer active and I'd like to get in some more BAP.
Plenty of room. Will hit you up with an invite soon if one of the other managers doesn't first.

WillHunting
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by WillHunting »

I am going to join you guys too since my team is pretty much dead as well.
+++++++++++++++
Gamertag: The Praxis
+++++++++++++++

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Well, it WAS fun tonight until the last game (which probably is still going on)

Mr. Ace Ventura exploiting the "glitch goal" is a sign that it's time for me to go to bed.

I wish there was a way to report these idiots.... how fun can that be, really?
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

JohnnytheSkin
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by JohnnytheSkin »

Gangrel wrote:Well, it WAS fun tonight until the last game (which probably is still going on)

Mr. Ace Ventura exploiting the "glitch goal" is a sign that it's time for me to go to bed.

I wish there was a way to report these idiots.... how fun can that be, really?
I know it's probably useless, but I do use the Feedback system, giving them negative feedback for "Unsporting Conduct". I'll also report the user for Cheating (the description DOES say "known or unknown exploits or glitches").

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I know you guys have missed me :P 8) ...Still not set up at new place.

Its a mess.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

anyone else down for some Ice Dragons or Interclub action tonite?

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

JackB1 wrote:anyone else down for some Ice Dragons or Interclub action tonite?
There have been people on almost nightly. Just sign on and try it.

I should be online for at least a little while tonight, though I seem to have an earlier bed time than most others here...

JohnnytheSkin
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by JohnnytheSkin »

I'll be on tonight after the wife and I watch 'Heroes'.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

I'll be on but not until after 10pm PST.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

I'll probably be on for a bit before the MNF game starts, or until my DVR buffer gets saturated so I can skip the 'mercials.

And it's likely I'll be on after the game, too.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Fun game last night, even if I only had time for one.

I finally got on the board with 1 goal and 1 assist!
We need to shoot more!!!

JohnnytheSkin
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by JohnnytheSkin »

Fun times, even if we got blown out the last two games. Hopefully people will still be playing this after FIFA drops next week.

I'm actually going to change my BAP guy to a power forward, since I was playing up front a lot last night (three goals...WOOT!).

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Much to Zepp's surprise, for my next Ice Dragons game I might try some defense. I got stuck at D in a game with randoms and actually had a lot of fun (and not too mention absurdly good post-game grades). Even though my character is a dangler, I felt like I defended very well the whole game, despite not throwing a single open ice check. Even had 2 goals and an assist pinching in from the point at times when everyone on both teams is overcommitted to a side or down low.

Looking forward to trying it out with a proper team game.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Naples39 wrote:Much to Zepp's surprise, for my next Ice Dragons game I might try some defense. I got stuck at D in a game with randoms and actually had a lot of fun (and not too mention absurdly good post-game grades). Even though my character is a dangler, I felt like I defended very well the whole game, despite not throwing a single open ice check. Even had 2 goals and an assist pinching in from the point at times when everyone on both teams is overcommitted to a side or down low.

Looking forward to trying it out with a proper team game.
Don't forget that you also get to yell at the forwards for not scoring enough! It's an added bonus :)
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

RobVarak wrote:Don't forget that you also get to yell at the forwards for not scoring enough! It's an added bonus :)
My plan is to wait until we are losing, then when I make foolish, overly aggressive mistakes I say "well I have no choice but to attack now because we aren't scoring."

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Naples39 wrote:Much to Zepp's surprise, for my next Ice Dragons game I might try some defense. I got stuck at D in a game with randoms and actually had a lot of fun (and not too mention absurdly good post-game grades). Even though my character is a dangler, I felt like I defended very well the whole game, despite not throwing a single open ice check. Even had 2 goals and an assist pinching in from the point at times when everyone on both teams is overcommitted to a side or down low.
I had a similar experience with randoms yesterday. Everyone just picked their offensive positions and as a re-created Sniper I am saying to myself, oh, oh. Stayed the course, didn't do anything fancy, didn't try to poke check or anything, just watched whoever was free near the crease and cleared them out. Didn't know that throwing elbows at randoms was that much fun. :)

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Naples39 wrote:
My plan is to wait until we are losing, then when I make foolish, overly aggressive mistakes I say "well I have no choice but to attack now because we aren't scoring."
My M.O. is to never cross center ice and then criticize the offense :)
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

RobVarak wrote:
Naples39 wrote:
My M.O. is to never cross center ice and then criticize the offense :)
Throw in frequent 2-minute breaks. :wink: :lol:

We got our asses handed to us last night. That second game was a little frustrating since I could only hear MACTEP and the glitch made several appearances.

I'm thinking of redoing my player and adding size and bulk. This whole Theoren Fleury thing gets me knocked off the puck very easily. Though, for whatever reason, I can deliver some massive checks.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

I now realize suck as a forward.

D is where it's at... #1 D pairing: Rob's mammoth hulk and me!