DSP Poker Night BF:BC; Turn out and blow stuff up!!

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

DSP Poker Night BF:BC; Turn out and blow stuff up!!

Post by RobVarak »

Do you suffer from BF:BC reluctance syndrome?

Are you curious about taking this simple but entertaining shooter online, but reluctant to do so because it will take time away from scouting the 2021 draft in your Madden franchise?

Maybe you've thought about playing, but you're paralyzed by the fear of being teabagged by some ADHD tween named TurmanatorBallzzz12?

Perhaps you've dabbled online but managed to do naught but call down mortar strikes on your own team and rack up 2/21 kill:death ratios?

We we hear at DPS Labs have just the solution for you! Join us Tuesday at 9:30pm Central and work through your anxieties in the company of friends, or at least people who will encourage you while IM'ing others about your many shortcomings.

Revel in our collective mediocrity and realize that you are not alone. And hey, at least you get to blow the living s*** out of some semi-mythical former Soviet republic!!

DSP Labs is not responsible for any emotional trauma, game addiction, photo-sensitive epileptic seizures or other damage to person, marriage or sense of self which may accompany this program. If you have an erection lasting longer than four hours, please see a doctor. Seriously, that would be f***ed up, especially if you're playing a videogame...

PS C'mon and play guys. I'm getting sick of knifing Teal in the back while he lurks at the map edges :)
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

why post on MONDAY for TUESDAY??? :(

I want a poker night TONIGHT!!!

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

Best Poker Night post ever!!!

It sucks that I don't have the game yet and can't join you. Maybe next week.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

My name is James and I have BF:BC reluctance syndrome.

I'll be there!

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

mixdj1 wrote:Best Poker Night post ever!!!

It sucks that I don't have the game yet and can't join you. Maybe next week.
Yes, I can pay you for the #$%& steering wheel next week... :lol:

I'm in, Rob, and I'm gonna take your knife and perforate your sphincter with it... 8O
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

nyisles16 wrote:why post on MONDAY for TUESDAY??? :(

I want a poker night TONIGHT!!!
If you want to play tonight, I'm game...

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

I shall do my best to make it, but will most likely have to quit by 11:30 edt or so. A 10pm edt start would suit me better.

Also I'm not going to stick around too long if getting into the same squad becomes a problem.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Zeppo wrote:I shall do my best to make it, but will most likely have to quit by 11:30 edt or so. A 10pm edt start would suit me better.

Also I'm not going to stick around too long if getting into the same squad becomes a problem.
That happened to Rob and I last night, but I quit out, reinvited him, and we had no more problems staying in squad.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

The game seems ideally suited for pairs. Trying to keep three or four together on the same squad, or even the same team, seems very frustrating. t

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Zeppo wrote:The game seems ideally suited for pairs. Trying to keep three or four together on the same squad, or even the same team, seems very frustrating. t
It is, but it's as much fun to kill your pals as to help them...particularly in the game where deaths can be so epic and cinematic :)

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

True...trying to nail Rob with a JDAM while he's swerving erratically in a tank is frustrating...until you actually lead him a little, anticipating him, and he drives right into it...THAT'S fun... :lol:

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Zeppo and others,

I may be on at 9pm. Can't say for sure though. Keep an eye out and maybe we can start earlier.

I'm disappointed at the turnout. I'm surprised this game hasn't gotten more traction around these parts.

JohnnytheSkin
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by JohnnytheSkin »

I'll be on shortly...invite please!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

RobVarak wrote: I'm disappointed at the turnout. I'm surprised this game hasn't gotten more traction around these parts.
I had the game...but the same way you dont do racers I dont do shooters...I tried but its just not in my old man hands.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Great fun tonight guys. Teal, that game you left was unreal. I was in the zone and went for like 750 points! I don't think I've ever broken 500 before that, and nobody else on my team had 300. I was f***in Rambo :)

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Sorry about that, guys. The last couple of early mornings caught up with me, I guess, because I just zonked out right there on the couch waiting for 10:30. Maybe next time!

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

It was fun for the hour or so I was on... at least I had a nice kill on Teal :)

JohnnytheSkin
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by JohnnytheSkin »

Pretty fun last night, as always...though a shame we couldn't all get in the same squad.

Granted I still can't advance past a hundred points (and had -100 when some punk kept knifing me in the back and I retaliated).

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

The squad thing is easy to remedy. I'm all for quitting out and getting everyone on the same team, as it's not nearly as much fun, for me anyway, to be on the opposite end of the spectrum from everyone else. That last match did me in. I'd like for us to work harder to keep the squad together.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Teal wrote:The squad thing is easy to remedy. I'm all for quitting out and getting everyone on the same team, as it's not nearly as much fun, for me anyway, to be on the opposite end of the spectrum from everyone else. That last match did me in. I'd like for us to work harder to keep the squad together.
That's fine. When it was 2 on 2 I was fine, except that those dudes that were carrying nyisles and Johnny were incredibly good. The construction site map was an absolute clinic on both sides. I dont' think we ever even saw the gold as the attackers!