Me iPod's knackered - what else is out there.

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
vader29 wrote:We finally get games on the zune in the new update next Tuesday with 2 free games, Hexic and Texas Hold'Em. 8)

http://www.microsoft.com/Presspass/pres ... atePR.mspx
People own Zunes? I have NEVER seen one in public. Technologically they are a nice product, I just didn't know of any being sold.
I bought one each for my gf and I before Xmas. Pretty easy to use with the PC program. Easy enough that I figured it out.

I like that I can use My Live points to buy songs.

I dont like that all the extra stuff everyone sells is for the ipods.

I cant figure out how to make the songs I have bought from Zune play on my PS3. The sound system is hooked up to it. All the songs I copied off of my CDs work .

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I want an Ipod Touch. Just can't pull the trigger

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Rodster wrote:I'm actually thinking of getting another MP3 player. I'm interested in something other than an Ipod. I own one and i'm looking for something with the following features:

1) An MP3 Player you can actually turn off instead of putting to sleep. My Ipod has problems going to sleep which drains the battery.

2) Good sound, wireless hookup.

3) FM tuner maybe AM as well.

I know the Zine has all three with the exception of AM. Is there another player that has those features along with an AM tuner?
If you find a mp3 player with AM, I'll be interested.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

fsquid wrote:I want an Ipod Touch. Just can't pull the trigger
Do it, they're swanky!
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

greggsand wrote:
Do it, they're swanky!
I know I know but I'm a cheap ass

davet010
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by davet010 »

I ended up with a Creative Zen X-Fi (32gb, with a 16gb SD card in it as well).

Nice and neat, excellent headphones.
"The players come from all over the world, the money from deep underneath the Persian Gulf, but, as another, older City poster campaign put it, this is their city. They may now exist in the global spotlight, but they intend to keep it that way."

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Does it come with a radio tuner Dave? :)

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

Looks like I'm selling mine. Bought it a couple weeks before the 2nd Gen came out. Has a very slight scratch on the back, but is otherwise like new (it's been well protected.. the scratch came from a case I tried when I first bought it... stupid case.) Comes with Griffin case. 16GB version. fsquid (or anyone else) if you're interested send me a PM. Price would be much better than what you'd get in store.

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

Might already be sold on craigslist... wow that was fast.

davet010
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by davet010 »

Rodster wrote:Does it come with a radio tuner Dave? :)
FM only, but yes :)
"The players come from all over the world, the money from deep underneath the Persian Gulf, but, as another, older City poster campaign put it, this is their city. They may now exist in the global spotlight, but they intend to keep it that way."

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

davet010 wrote:
Rodster wrote:Does it come with a radio tuner Dave? :)
FM only, but yes :)
I may have to check it out. Anything in particular you don't like about it or that annoys you about the player? Dave I noticed you said you bought an SD card. I'm looking at this one in particular. Can you tell me if it accepts an SD card and is the SD card used for expansion to fit more music?

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Portable ... 18&sr=8-11

nvm I just noticed it doesn't have an FM tuner. Post a link to the one you bought. !

davet010
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by davet010 »

Rod

I've not had it for that long, but I'll try with the pluses and minuses.

PLUS

Small (same size as a credit card, about an inch thick.
Excellent sound quality (with or without x-fi on)
Excellent headphones (are you listening, Mr iPod ?)
FM radio

MINUSES

Controls are a bit small, and not initially intuitive

Creative software is a bit clunky, and seems to take a fair while to transfer files (took me about 4 hours to import about 30gb worth). Also wouldn't import a few files, and wasn't overly informative as to why.

You also don't get a separate charger - you either charge it from your PC using a standard USB - mini USB cable (there is one provided, but it's ridiculously short), or you can buy a separate one - mine cost £3 from Amazon.

Oh - and my first one had to be returned to Amazon, as it wouldn't power up. Second one is fine.

With regard to your question about the SD card, I put a 16gb SDHC card in it (once I figured out that there was a dummy one already in the slot - doh !), but i think the normal SD's work as well.

Once in, my intention is to use it for music or video. It doesn't add the music files to the list already in - you have to go to a separate line on the main menu and select 'removable storage', then you get the list of what is on it. This might get annoying.

I'm back to work next week, so will post more on battery life etc.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Thanks Dave !

I've been comparing the one you have and the 120GB Zune. Some of the pros about the Zune is it's WiFi ready, excellent sound, great software suite, you can use your XBL marketplace points to buy music. it hooks up to the 360 with no problems.

The minuses is it's not as attractive as the Zen you have and it can scratch real easy. The price for the 120GB Zune is about $239 on Amazon. Truthfully i'm kinda leaning on the Zune ATM but I haven't decided yet on which one to get. I know it won't be another Ipod.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I've heard that the battery life on those Creative Zens are s***