NCAA (360) DSP Online Dynasty

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Guys few things as we get started

1. Can you guys all save a local version of the dynasty before you play each weeks games, you can overwrite it each week. Just want us all to have backups in case something happens.

2. I just read this and it is worth trying, I did not do this and some of my team stats were off.
I think I may have found a solution to the problem with the online dynasty simming human played games. Try this, instead of playing your game from the dynasty headquarters, go to the NCAA schedule and play your game from there. In my dynasty, my friend picks his game from the headquarters but I always go the schedule( to compare stats and stuff). I usually just start my game from there instead of going all the way back to the HQ. Anyway, we're in week 6 and he's had 2 games sim on him so far while I haven't had any. We're only in week 6, so I don't know if it just hasn't happened to me yet, but it's something you guys can try. Hope this helps someone.
3. Know there are issues with OD at the moment and something may happen, we'll just roll with it and try to enjoy it.

4. I know I don't have everyones email and approval to post on the blog. If you want to post videos and game recaps, recruiting notes whatever get me that info.I have JD, Badger and shark. Jared was sent an invte but never accepted yet. No one else is in.

5. If you want your videos to last since EA sports world only saves 5. Join Mymaddenpad.com and you can store as many as you want.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Ok trying to find out if our Dynasty is wanked already or some of you are just that good.

Jared won 108-0 and Max won 104-12

Did those games actually occur and get played? Or is our dynasty screwed?

I also read a patch is coming any day for this and it a server issue so it should end up getting resolved.
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

If they played 1AA teams, it's very easy to get scores like that. I topped out at 127-0 on 6min AA defaults playing a AA team. I've since taken them off of every schedule that I play lol.

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

I played that game...it was against a I-AA team. They threw 9 INTs, and their defense was really poor. They kept lining up with one safety when I was in the shotgun, leaving my quickest WR in single coverage against a slow corner. It led to quite a few easy touchdowns.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

No problem, just with whats being reported and seeing 2 scores in the 100's I was a little concerned.

Next season I'll allow you guys to customize your open dates to play who you want. I have to enter them though so we'll have to send them manually.
Follow Me on:

eman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by eman »

I wondered that too (that the games were hosed by an EA glitch) but then I noticed they were I-AA teams and figured some of you are really good.

I squeaked by #17 Virginia Tech. It took a 4th quarter comeback and I was so relived when it was over.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

Jared wrote:I played that game...it was against a I-AA team. They threw 9 INTs, and their defense was really poor. They kept lining up with one safety when I was in the shotgun, leaving my quickest WR in single coverage against a slow corner. It led to quite a few easy touchdowns.
I played mine too but only offense. I simmed all my defensive plays.

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

I was playing last night vs New Mexico and got bumped offline. It was late and I had problems trying to reconnect. I will go back in this afternoon. I have my fingers crossed that there aren't any problems.

Other than that, I'm loving this thing and appreciate Dan running this thing. Thanks Dan.

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

grtwhtsk wrote:I was playing last night vs New Mexico and got bumped offline. It was late and I had problems trying to reconnect. I will go back in this afternoon. I have my fingers crossed that there aren't any problems.

Other than that, I'm loving this thing and appreciate Dan running this thing. Thanks Dan.
I got to play my game this afternoon, and got slaughtered. At least when I got bumped last night, it had been competitive! :cry:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Well as of last night I think you and JD were the only ones who had games to play.
Follow Me on:

Badger_Fan
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by Badger_Fan »

I haven't played yet but will take care of it by the end of the day today fellas.
The sing-along songs'll be our scriptures.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

I have written the post for my game but I still have to upload a video or two from the game. I will publish once that is done.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Badger_Fan
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by Badger_Fan »

Game and recruiting are done for Kansas State. Ugly game, but I won. My offense was terrible and I lost my starting RB for 8 weeks with a dislocated elbow. Ouch.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Okay, it's published. Time to move on from an ugly start.
I am a patient boy.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I advanced the week and then pummeled a I-AA school. We need to make sure we get those out of the schedule in year 2.
Follow Me on:

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

Dan. Could you PM me the info so I can post on the blog? Thanks!

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Oh my. Where are my cupcakes? I just got pasted 62-13 at home against 19th-ranked South Carolina. I think I have a shot at home against Rice and Duke and that's about it for the season. :cry: I have to play Tennessee, Auburn, Florida, and Georgia still. 8O

This is going to be a very long season.
I am a patient boy.

eman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by eman »

I was getting ready to post about the Gamecocks rolling into Nashville.

Dont worry though, this week I'll have my hands full with WVU. I don't have a chance to stop Pat White or Noel Devine.

On a recruiting note - anyone have a player commit? I locked up a 3star DE this week. I'm also wondering if anyone can land a 5-star recruit? I have two that are interested in my program (I'm in their top-10 list) but it seems unlikely that I'll get them. Also, this week I only had 6 or 7 guys that I could call on the phone. I'm wondering if I should lower expectations and stop chasing the guys I'm unlikely to land.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

macsomjrr wrote:Dan. Could you PM me the info so I can post on the blog? Thanks!
Did you send me your email via Pm? All I do is enter it in the blog setup and it sends you an invite.
Follow Me on:

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

eman wrote:
On a recruiting note - anyone have a player commit? I locked up a 3star DE this week. I'm also wondering if anyone can land a 5-star recruit? I have two that are interested in my program (I'm in their top-10 list) but it seems unlikely that I'll get them. Also, this week I only had 6 or 7 guys that I could call on the phone. I'm wondering if I should lower expectations and stop chasing the guys I'm unlikely to land.
I have had one player commit, think he's a 3 star HB.

eman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by eman »

I'll go to bed really annoyed at myself. I lost to WVU after throwing 7 int's (5 came in the second half). Despite the interceptions I threw for 300yds and was 22 of 40. I just forced way too many throws.

I love the game though... it makes you pay for your mistakes. I just need to learn to eat a few more balls... I think most of the 7 happened deep in WVU's territory.

Badger_Fan
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by Badger_Fan »

Got game two out of the way, a big victory over a 1AA team. It was ugly to the point that I super-simmed everything except the offensive plays once I was up 28-0 in the 1st quarter. Lost two more guys to injury too. My trainer is going to get fired.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Just waiting on JD for week 2, he hasn't been on in a bit so perhaps he is away. He still has several days before we advance.

Also I know we're doing this for fun but it would be best if you have to restart that you let us know why in this thread. Keep in mind every league member can see when you have restarted a game. Honestly I didn't even notice this but it was brought to my attention by 2 members so may as well get it out of the way now.
Follow Me on:

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

UCF 27, USF 20

UCF won in an upset against USF 27-20, on the strength of an INT returned for a TD with under two minutes to go in the game. UCF won despite 6 turnovers (5 INTs and a fumble). The game was a defensive struggle throughout the first half, as UCF squandered most of its scoring opportunities with turnovers, and USF wasted its possessions with missed field goals and an inability to convert on fourth down (0/3).

In the fourth quarter with the score tied 20-20 (and USF should have been up 1, but they missed an extra point), UCF was driving down the field for the winning score. But a USF linebacker stepped in front of a UCF tight end and made the interception. UCF had to make the stop, and was fortunate as USF threw into man coverage to a UCF corner, who sped past the entire USF squad for a TD.

UCF is now 2-0, and goes into a bye week.

---

That was one of the better games of NCAA I've played...I think when teams have relatively even speed, offense and defense is much more playable.

eman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by eman »

Jared wrote:UCF 27, USF 20

UCF won in an upset against USF 27-20, on the strength of an INT returned for a TD with under two minutes to go in the game. UCF won despite 6 turnovers (5 INTs and a fumble). The game was a defensive struggle throughout the first half, as UCF squandered most of its scoring opportunities with turnovers, and USF wasted its possessions with missed field goals and an inability to convert on fourth down (0/3).

In the fourth quarter with the score tied 20-20 (and USF should have been up 1, but they missed an extra point), UCF was driving down the field for the winning score. But a USF linebacker stepped in front of a UCF tight end and made the interception. UCF had to make the stop, and was fortunate as USF threw into man coverage to a UCF corner, who sped past the entire USF squad for a TD.

UCF is now 2-0, and goes into a bye week.

---

That was one of the better games of NCAA I've played...I think when teams have relatively even speed, offense and defense is much more playable.
Sounds like a dandy. Unlike me you were able to withstand the int's. I'm still pissed I lost like I did.

I hope the person that reset didnt do so to avoid a loss.
Last edited by eman on Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.