NCAA (360) DSP Online Dynasty

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NCAA (360) DSP Online Dynasty

Post by Danimal »

EDIT: Current owner list below, Time zone info means confirmed.

I'm waiting on the person I PM to respond to get us to 8, hopefully he will check him PM's today.

Danimal - Central
Jared - Eastern
ScoopBrady - Central
Badger_Fan - Central
jondiehl - Central
grtwhtsk - Central
macsomjrr - Pacific
eman - Eastern

I'm looking to fill a few spots for an online dynasty. I had been doing these invites by PM and communicating with the league members that way as well but it is too hard as the PM system is NOT awesome. Before anyone gets offended for not getting a PM invite yet let me explain the reasoning behind that. (also I only sent out about 9 of these thus far)

First this is not your typical NCAA league that pops up here every year and you play all your game against other players. I'm looking to keep the number small 4-8 players. there will only be 1 other human player in your conference and everyone will be drawing from a pool of 1-3 prestige teams. The only human games you will be playing is one you've scheduled. The goal of this will be to try and build up your program and win the national championship with your team.

Second I wanted to avoid people just signing up because it was a NCAA league and then dropping out or having to turn people down because of the low number I am looking for.

What I learned however is that not everyone is interested in this type of league some just prefer the player vs player games and no dynasty aspects and I am sure that league will from once the game is out.

Having said all that I am still trying to fill at least 2 more spots so if this is something you think you're interested in then I invite you to check out the newly put up league blog here:

http://dspdynasty.blogspot.com/

You can see who is in the dynasty, what the team pool we will be drawing from, some helpful pdf files on being in an online dynasty etc.

If after all that you want in then let me know here and then we'' figure out based on response who we can take. We can go with 4 players for this I just thought 6-8 was a better number.

To the guys who are signed up ignore my last PM, which you all did anyway :) about sending me your emails we will use this thread for communication. If you wish to post on the blog during the season however in terms of write ups, video clips etc I will need an email address at some point.

Thanks
Last edited by Danimal on Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

If possible, I'd like to get in with my OKST Cowpokes. I'm not really into the head 2 head but will do it in order to progress the the dynasty. :D
gamertag: ddtrane65

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I should of made it clear that the list is of all the teams that are 1-3 prestige.

We're actually going to do a random draw, take / pass thing similar to what Zeppo did in the old WE league. I need to post how that will work when I get time tonight on the blog.

If that doesn't change your mind let me know :)
Follow Me on:

Badger_Fan
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by Badger_Fan »

Depending on what you're looking for, I would love to be a part of this. I've been looking for a dynasty that fits my life (job, sometimes two, two kids) but the ones I've seen have been for three or four games a week which is way too much for me. Let me know if you still need a spot.

I'd like to be in a major conference, and would welcome any of these teams:

Maryland
NC State
UNC
Kansas
Kansas State
USF
Illinois
Iowa
Michigan State
Arizona
Stanford
Washington

Let me know.

Mike
The sing-along songs'll be our scriptures.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Elitist.

jondiehl
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jondiehl »

I'll play, assuming this league actually finishes this go around. Last season was fun, taking the scrub New Mexico team to 4-0 before the league fizzled out. :cry:

I too would prefer something smaller, with only guys that are 100% dedicated to playing their games on time and not slowing things down.

I don't which team I get, since Mizzou is no longer a low level team that I'd be able to pick. I guess I'd prefer to stay in the Big 12 though, so I could at least play against them and their rivals that I'm familiar with.
XBoxJon
[url=http://live.xbox.com/member/XBoxJon]Gamer Profile[/url]
[url=http://live.xbox.com/en-us/profile/MessageCenter/SendMessage.aspx?gt=XBoxJon]Send me a XBL message[/url]

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I just posted the whole team selection / conference selection process on the blog which with everything else that is there should cover enough to determine if you want in.

After reading that I need a confirmation from the guys interested (probably the guys already confirmed as well) if you're still on board. I've played in the past will all of you so I have no issues if you want in. The only problem is it will put us at an odd number but I will worry about that once I get confirmation on who is definitely in.

Also once you confirm can you post your time zone please. I'd like to get that information by tomorrow so I can determine how many slots i have to fill.

In short simply replying to this thread by tomorrow night with the below information I'll consider a "yeah i want in" response.

Danimal - Central
Jared - Eastern Time

Thanks
Follow Me on:

jondiehl
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jondiehl »

yeah I want in - central time zone
XBoxJon
[url=http://live.xbox.com/en-us/profile/MessageCenter/SendMessage.aspx?gt=XBoxJon]Send me a XBL message[/url]

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

I still want in. Central time zone. By the way, nice job on the blog site Dan.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

Yeah, I want in - Central Time Zone

gamertag is grtwhtsk1

Badger_Fan
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by Badger_Fan »

I'd still love to be involved. Central Time Zone.

Badger_Fan
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by Badger_Fan »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Elitist.
It's not that as much as I think that it would be more of a challenge than taking a subpar team in a conference full of subpar teams. That's all.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Badger_Fan wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:Elitist.
It's not that as much as I think that it would be more of a challenge than taking a subpar team in a conference full of subpar teams. That's all.
I was pretty sure DB was just giving me s*** and wasn't serious. If he was well then oh well.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Also to carry on with my elitism (is that a word)

I don't need any more sign ups at this point I have 9 guys interested and that is enough. Once I get confirmations I'll post if we need more.

I'm also going to put the list in the first message.
Follow Me on:

jondiehl
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jondiehl »

Danimal wrote: I'm also going to put the list in the first message.
Good. Blogs are blocked @ work so I have to try and read it from my cell phone PDA browser. :lol:
XBoxJon

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

The blog is going to be for recaps, I plan on giving anyone in the league access to posting on it.

We'll use this thread for communication, I just didn't think posting video clips and what not here was called for if someone is interested they can follow the blog.
Follow Me on:

jondiehl
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jondiehl »

Danimal wrote:The blog is going to be for recaps, I plan on giving anyone in the league access to posting on it.
Yeah, the detailed write-up's and video clips from last year's DSP NCAA league were the best part of all, until it ultimately fizzled from ppl signing up and not playing. Grrr
XBoxJon

Nozzleman_216
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Nozzleman_216 »

jondiehl wrote:
Danimal wrote:The blog is going to be for recaps, I plan on giving anyone in the league access to posting on it.
Yeah, the detailed write-up's and video clips from last year's DSP NCAA league were the best part of all, until it ultimately fizzled from ppl signing up and not playing. Grrr
Yea I think there was only like 3 or 4 of us that played more than 4 games. Terrible.
XBL: Nozzleman 216
PSN: Nozzleman_216

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

I think that league fizzled because of the game itself...leagues tend to thrive if the game is excellent and die if it's not. IMO, the turnover problems and other issues made online play frustrating, and led to people losing interest quickly.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

Pacific time zone.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Put me in as well. I don't really care what team I use, as long as the games are fun. But I'd prefer a WCoast team. I like the idea of using 1-3 prestige. Also gives me a reason to buy the game. Pacific.

If I'm too late to join the league, then you can use me as an alternate.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

In as Penn State.

...just kidding!

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

I'm hoping I get to be in the Mountain West conference with SDSU... fingers crossed!

eman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by eman »

I've ALWAYS dreamed of playing in a league like this. If theres room I'd love to join.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I'll take Stanford then.