NCAA (360) DSP Online Dynasty

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

jondiehl
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jondiehl »

Phototropic wrote: I was actually thinking of dropping the punt length to see if that helped.
See my special teams sliders above. That helped me out to drop the punt length so that you have to call a fair catch every now and then.
XBoxJon
[url=http://live.xbox.com/member/XBoxJon]Gamer Profile[/url]
[url=http://live.xbox.com/en-us/profile/MessageCenter/SendMessage.aspx?gt=XBoxJon]Send me a XBL message[/url]

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Keep in mind this is a limited sample, but I boosted the punt strength to 65 which gives it more distance, I also lowered the accuracy to 0.

As a human punting this make it harder to hit a punt on the spot and I also found that if I put the aiming arrow all the way up with the powered boosted that the punts are high and long enough to gte some coverage, oh I also upped break block to 60 which helps the gunners at least get down field. I actually had a few fair catches last night....shocking.

Now when the cpu punts it doesn't help as much, the punt goes farther so that 20 yard cushion you're getting before seeing a defender just starts further back. You'll still have wonky return averages but I'm not trying to fix that so much.

Bottom line is everyone is in the same boat, there is no way to make this perfect at present there are just too many issues. I'd rather just start and enjoy it for what it is then wait for a patch that may or may not fix anything.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

Danimal wrote:dd trane are you in on this or not? I've seen you online here a few times today and you're the only one who has yet to select a conference or team.
If its not too late I can go with the WAC and Fresno State. If too late, I apologize in advance.
gamertag: ddtrane65

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

its too late
Follow Me on:

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

Hey guys just letting you know I'll be calling around town tomorrow and definitely picking the game up then. It's been a rough week at work and I couldn't... [insert more lame excuses] blah blah blah. Point being I'll get it tomorrow. The video looks great on the blog btw, cool stuff.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I set up the dynasty last night and sent the invites.

You just need to all go in and do your pre-season activities and then select ready to advance. No rush
Follow Me on:

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

Danimal wrote:its too late
Good. My 360 just rrod after trying to download PastaPadres rosters. I guess its justification for getting the game before its street date.

Anyways, I'm going to be watching to see how the online dynasties are shaping up. Enjoy. :D
gamertag: ddtrane65

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Guys I posted on the blog about the deadline for pre-season stuff. I'm going to duplicate stuff here for a bit to people get in the habit of checking there.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

little issue one of the members accidentally deleted the invite which has him come up as declined. Even though I removed him and added him back he still comes in as declined.

I'm hoping when we advance past the regular season stuff this will go away.

So far Jon and Scoop are ready, shark has accepted and no one else has accepted the invite yet. I also saw one of the league members playing the demo last night, which tells me they probably don't have the game.

Again deadline is next friday but it shouldn't take that long for pre-season stuff. Remember even if you don't want to do the pre-season recruiting you still need to chck yourself as ready to advance.
Follow Me on:

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

Danimal wrote: So far Jon and Scoop are ready, shark has accepted and no one else has accepted the invite yet. I also saw one of the league members playing the demo last night, which tells me they probably don't have the game.

Again deadline is next friday but it shouldn't take that long for pre-season stuff. Remember even if you don't want to do the pre-season recruiting you still need to chck yourself as ready to advance.
Dan, did my pre-season stuff...hope it's now showing as "ready."

eman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by eman »

Danimal wrote:little issue one of the members accidentally deleted the invite which has him come up as declined. Even though I removed him and added him back he still comes in as declined.

I'm hoping when we advance past the regular season stuff this will go away.

So far Jon and Scoop are ready, shark has accepted and no one else has accepted the invite yet. I also saw one of the league members playing the demo last night, which tells me they probably don't have the game.

First off I'm a complete idiot for doing this. In my zeal to accept I accidentially bumped my D-PAD while pressing the A button and declined the invitation. I cant believe the system doesn't have some sort of confirmation for this.

Danimal, in an effort to resolve I deleted you from my friends list. Perhaps we can re-connect tonight and give it another shot?

Badger_Fan
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by Badger_Fan »

Is it possible to switch from Kansas State to Oklahoma State? If not, I understand.
The sing-along songs'll be our scriptures.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Badger_Fan wrote:Is it possible to switch from Kansas State to Oklahoma State? If not, I understand.
I'll see if it will let me. This thing is kind of wonky.
Follow Me on:

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

I'm interested to see if you guys are able to get this up and running...pastapadre, who's as big an EA homer as there is these days, sounds like he's given up on the online dynasty thing:

http://www.pastapadre.com/2785/online-dynasty-disaster

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I'm running three of them and have already finished the first full season in 1, hit the offseason in the 2nd, and the third is still getting started. I haven't had an issue at all yet, personally. All of them are using default sliders, though, so maybe that's the culprit for the problems. We all know how fubar'd their slider gig is this year.
Last edited by TCrouch on Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Yeah it's a concern, we'll see what happens. From reading the reports it seems like it has to do with names rosters. So maybe the patch to fix that bug will fix this, maybe not.

Like I said one of the buggiest games I have ever seen released, too bad because it can be incredibly fun at times. I have to say that someone(s) are probably going to catch the flack for this and get the axe, whether deserved or not.
Follow Me on:

Badger_Fan
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by Badger_Fan »

Danimal wrote:
Badger_Fan wrote:Is it possible to switch from Kansas State to Oklahoma State? If not, I understand.
I'll see if it will let me. This thing is kind of wonky.
Don't worry about it. I went through and did all of my preseason stuff with Kansas State.

Mike
The sing-along songs'll be our scriptures.

Boltman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Boltman »

My apologies if it has been discussed already. But this online dynasty is already set in stone?

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Can you do an online dynasty w/ one team/one user?

I just was messing around with it yesterday and it let me create a dynasty with myself. Does that mean I can find another player out in XBL, play a scheduled game I have in my online dynasty against them, and then that would count as a dynasty game W/L for me?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Boltman wrote:My apologies if it has been discussed already. But this online dynasty is already set in stone?
Yes sorry no more users for right now.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Inuyasha wrote:Can you do an online dynasty w/ one team/one user?

I just was messing around with it yesterday and it let me create a dynasty with myself. Does that mean I can find another player out in XBL, play a scheduled game I have in my online dynasty against them, and then that would count as a dynasty game W/L for me?
I'm not sure what the point would be, you can't just grab some random user and have them play the other team.
Follow Me on:

eman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by eman »

I was involved in 2 Online Dynasty's with my brother and cousin - we couldnt get 4 or 5 games into it without something getting fubar'd. We were using custom rosters/schedules each time. That said, when it was working it was the most fun I've had playing a video game in 10 years... I stayed up Friday night until 5am playing... my wife was ready to kill me. I suggest we avoid using a custom roster.

On a related note when I retired from my brothers Dynasty Danimal's invite suddenly appeared and I was able to accept. I'll jump on tonight and do a little recruiting. This should be a lot of fun.

Just out of curiosity - how good are most of you guys? For instance could most of you take a top 25 team and win a National title on Heisman level?
Last edited by eman on Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I played some online and after the first 2 games ended w/ a network connection lose, I was ready to give up. Then I tried a 3rd game and it was fantastic! Game plays well online and I know why : The speed of the game is slowed down. Offline, the game is too fast at times, but online seems to have a better pace.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

eman wrote:On a related note when I retired from my brothers Dynasty Danimal's invite suddenly appeared and I was able to accept.
I don't think that had anything to do with it. The first night after I removed you from the Dynasty pretty much nothing happened even though i tried multiple times.

The other day when i did it, the game generate a new dynasty file and uploaded it. Then I exited Dynasty mode, went back in retrieved all info and sent you the new invite and again it generated a new file and told me that the invite was sent.

Why this didn't occur the first night I have no idea.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Ok I advanced us to week 1 and played my game without issue. I did notice a scoring bug in the stats, where my team stats were off but my individual stats were correct.

As far as kicking game goes, since this is more for fun the anything else and there is no way to enforce it do what you want. Personally I am doing the following:

Simming all kick offs
Playing Punts
If i call a punt block, fair catching the ball.

But feel free to do whatever you feel comfortable with in your solo games. I'll post a reccap of my game on the blog.
Follow Me on: