DEAL ALERT THREAD

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: DEAL ALERT THREAD

Post by Inuyasha »

pk500 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:Sniper Elite 3 on XBO $10 Digital download.
Grabbed this. Easily worth $10. Old-school because it's pretty linear, at least early in the campaign, but very, very fun. Beautiful graphics. Bullet time kills never get old.

And XBL play is the surprising plus of SE III. Very tense, very tactical. Some dude sniped me from 192 yards! One shot, boom. Insane. Never saw him.

ya it's a fun game. the graphics are so impressive for next gen, maybe one of the best I've seen so far. I would have never bought it if I didnt get V2 Free on the 360. What a steal for $10! it's addictive too since you can't put the controller down if you've failed on a mission. the game keeps pulling you back for more. I just got done w/ level 2, that is really the first 'real' level. it was hard as hell, but very satisfying when finally passing it.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

What difficulty are you playing? I'm on default (Marksman) but considering climbing to Sniper Elite.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I'm on default and it's a good challenge for me. I generally play sport games so this is my first non-sprots game in a long time, and probably my first war game since the ps2 days.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Microsoft Xbox One Console 3-Game Bundle + 2nd Wireless Controller 349 Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TT5 ... a5277a9a56

---

13 month XBL Card - $39 - walmart.com

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-Live-Tit ... w9MynSeamY

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

pk500 wrote:What difficulty are you playing? I'm on default (Marksman) but considering climbing to Sniper Elite.

Sniper Elite is MUCH harder, but much more rewarding. You have to do windage and distance yourself. No indicators. The top of your scope will give you wind, and you compensate for dead center, but distance is on you. The shooting range is invaluable to practice sniper elite difficulty. But get the hang of it, and taking dudes out with killshots becomes a real pleaser, because it's skill, rather than just lining up reticles.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Teal wrote:
pk500 wrote:What difficulty are you playing? I'm on default (Marksman) but considering climbing to Sniper Elite.

Sniper Elite is MUCH harder, but much more rewarding. You have to do windage and distance yourself. No indicators. The top of your scope will give you wind, and you compensate for dead center, but distance is on you. The shooting range is invaluable to practice sniper elite difficulty. But get the hang of it, and taking dudes out with killshots becomes a real pleaser, because it's skill, rather than just lining up reticles.
That's how I'm leaning, Teal. I still face challenge from the movement of the AI and locating them, but the kills feel pretty basic and routine at Marksman. I kill with headshots without much effort.

Thanks for the tip. Very fun game!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

pk500 wrote:
Teal wrote:

That's how I'm leaning, Teal. I still face challenge from the movement of the AI and locating them, but the kills feel pretty basic and routine at Marksman. I kill with headshots without much effort.

Thanks for the tip. Very fun game!
It's some work, and you'll fail more than you succeed at first, but you'll learn to slow down, take your time, try to get the best angle for a shot...y'know, sniper stuff... :D The real trick is getting in on an online match with no indicators, and no way to 'paint' the enemies, along with someone cranking up the wind...no super high scores in those rounds...lol
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Teal wrote: It's some work, and you'll fail more than you succeed at first, but you'll learn to slow down, take your time, try to get the best angle for a shot...y'know, sniper stuff... :D The real trick is getting in on an online match with no indicators, and no way to 'paint' the enemies, along with someone cranking up the wind...no super high scores in those rounds...lol

wow you guys must be really good. I got into the 3rd stage and after being too careful I just went out and started not giving a hoot. Now it's got fun. I like just getting up to a sniper nest and just killing ppl no matter how many are coming after me. I also like it's not a FPS since it seems ever war game is these days. I've heard there are compaints the game is too linear but that suits me just fine. I've read the 'experts' in these types of games say V2 is better than 3, but on next gen, 3 just looks amazing. Ill go back to V2 after i'm done w/ 3 i guess. But that maybe a few years from now.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Damn, I can't believe I missed that Sniper Elite III deal, it's back to $49.99. I need to pay better attention to this thread.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

DIABLO 3 is $29.99 at BB this week, with UGC $23.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Best Buy dropped 2 years membership of GAmers Club to $30. Great Deal!

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2015/03/04 ... 30/137516/

bulls23
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by bulls23 »

MLB The Show Preorder - get a $25 gift card from Dell.

Both PS4 and PS3 versions:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/prod ... u=A8181623
Currently Playing: Battlefield V, American Fugitive, Madden NFL 19, Golf Club 2019

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Not a bad deal if you buy a lot from Dell but those gift cards tend to have an expiration date of 90 days.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Halo: Master Chief Collection $20 with Visa checkout and promo code VISACHECKOUTPROMO @ Rakuten.com

Sale ends today !!!

Halo MCC
http://www.rakuten.com/prod/halo-master ... ZdkU6dF9vg

Other stuff on sale:
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/343 ... -shipping/

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

Assassin's Creed Rogue (PS3, 360) @ $19.99 via Amazon

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Teal wrote:

It's some work, and you'll fail more than you succeed at first, but you'll learn to slow down, take your time, try to get the best angle for a shot...y'know, sniper stuff... :D The real trick is getting in on an online match with no indicators, and no way to 'paint' the enemies, along with someone cranking up the wind...no super high scores in those rounds...lol
[/quote]

Teal,

I think I've only seen one multiplayer match where this was the case, and I could be wrong. I'm not even sure how you create a public match with settings. I only see options for quick match or private match. Am I missing something??

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10% discount at PSN Store this weekend.
http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/03/27/pl ... t-discount
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

NBA 2K15 $10.99 Amazon tomorrow :

#NBA2K15
@NBA2K NBA 2K 2K15
John Wall scores 25, James Harden w/ 24. #NBA2K15 $10.99 @amazongames tomorrow @ noon PT for 12 hours while supplies last. Spread word RT!

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Target has buy 1 get second game 50 percent off thru 4/4.

bulls23
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by bulls23 »

Battlefield Hardline $39.99 at Best Buy: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promo ... d+hardline

With GCU it drops to $31.99

Amazon PM'ed also $39.99: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... d+hardline
Currently Playing: Battlefield V, American Fugitive, Madden NFL 19, Golf Club 2019

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Inuyasha wrote:NBA 2K15 $10.99 Amazon tomorrow :

#NBA2K15
@NBA2K NBA 2K 2K15
John Wall scores 25, James Harden w/ 24. #NBA2K15 $10.99 @amazongames tomorrow @ noon PT for 12 hours while supplies last. Spread word RT!
I'd look at noon EST, as i have heard conflicting reports of the time.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Sudz wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:NBA 2K15 $10.99 Amazon tomorrow :

#NBA2K15
@NBA2K NBA 2K 2K15
I'd look at noon EST, as i have heard conflicting reports of the time.
Sale ended in 10 minutes... must have had like 5 copies.

Weak.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Finished Sniper Elite III single player last night. VERY fun, old-school linear shooter, with many hints of original Medal of Honor series on PSX.

This game was a steal at $10. Highly recommended at any price point of $25 or less.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Per CAG, Driveclub is $19.99 at Gamestop. It's sold out online but check your stores.