DEAL ALERT THREAD

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: DEAL ALERT THREAD

Post by Rodster »

I just checked the forum and someone posted that Amazon has it for $8.49

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Being able to sell these trading cards on Steam has been awesome. If you get a rare double hold on to it until the sale ends.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

This might be old news, but when I logged onto Xbox Live today for the first time in a few weeks, it said that Gold members could get the digital version Assassin's Creed II for free.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

DChaps wrote:This might be old news, but when I logged onto Xbox Live today for the first time in a few weeks, it said that Gold members could get the digital version Assassin's Creed II for free.
New news to me, downloading now thanks!

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

MizzouRah wrote:New news to me, downloading now thanks!
I found some additional info about this Xbox Gold free games deal. I guess if I was following along better in the Xbox One thread, this is probably in there, as it was announced at E3 or sometime around there. Anyway, here is the official stuff from Microsoft. Come August 1, there will be another free game available.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/games-with-gold
Get two free games a month with Xbox Live Gold*
Xbox Gold users will get one free game on the 1st and 16th of each month.

Our members have made the Xbox Live community what it is today.
As our way of saying thanks to our qualifying Xbox Live Gold members, we’re giving you two free Xbox 360 games each month for the rest of the year. Each game will be available to download only for a limited time, so grab them before they’re gone and keep them no matter what.

Games are better with friends.
Tell a friend about this great offer so they too can go Gold and enjoy two free games each month for the rest of the year.
As of July 16, 2013: Assassin's Creed 2 is now free to download and keep forever for every Xbox Live Gold subscriber. There's also a sale on other Assassin's Creed games and DLC. The game will remain free until the end of the month, to be replaced by another title on 1st August.

“Games with Gold” free games offer available 6/10/13-12/31/13 for paid Gold members only. Each participating Xbox 360 game (selected by Xbox) available for free download from Marketplace only during specified half-month window; available games may vary by country. Some titles may only be available for download by adult account holders 18+. Kinect and/or hard drive required for some games. Offer available in all Xbox Live countries where Xbox Live Gold memberships are supported while supplies last, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and cannot be combined with any other rebate or offer. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Download charges may apply as set by your ISP. For Xbox Live Terms of Use and system requirements, see xbox.com/live.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Worked for me. Got to go back and finish Fable 3.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

worked for me too, thanks for the heads up.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

NCAA 14 $43.99 RIGHT NOW ON AMAZON : not sure how long itll last.

http://www.amazon.com/NCAA-Football-14- ... ds=ncaa+14

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

For those interested in a Vita, some Best Buy stores have a clearance, $140 for the Wifi version plus 8GB card. :)

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Rodster wrote:For those interested in a Vita, some Best Buy stores have a clearance, $140 for the Wifi version plus 8GB card. :)
WHAAAAT?!?!

That's a great deal! Don't see it online and doubt it'd be here in Canada.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

couldn't find it either.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

The next set of free games for Xbox Live Members in August will be Crackdown, Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Case Zero.

Starting tomorrow (August 1st) the award winning Xbox 360 exclusive Crackdown (Normally 800 points) will be free for Xbox LIVE Gold members through August 15th .

Then on August 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can grab BOTH Dead Rising 2 (Normally US $14.99) and Dead Rising 2: Case Zero (Normally 400 points) for free.

As a reminder, the “Games With Gold” program gives Xbox LIVE Gold Members 2 free games to keep each month. A new title will be available the 1st and 16th of each month.

http://majornelson.com/2013/07/31/games ... case-zero/
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

cool thanks for the news.

I remember most of the people here loved Crackdown, so will definately dl that.

I was hoping they'd have Batman Arkham Asylum up but these are good.

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

For NFL Fans:

http://kotaku.com/the-cheapest-way-to-w ... 1041559197

'months after writing about the original deal. It was true then, it's true today, it'll be true when the game releases at the end of the month: You buy Madden NFL 25's "Anniversary Edition" for $100, you get a code that lets you watch DirecTV's Sunday Ticket Max service on a computer or a mobile device.'

You have to buy it from Amazon - they are part of the deal with DirecTV.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Thanks Kevin ! Holy sh*t I can't believe I just spent $100 on a videogame. Sweet deal for 17 weeks of NFL football for an extra $40. :lol:

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

This is f***in tempting.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

jLp vAkEr0 wrote:This is f***in tempting.
Yes. Yes it is.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I only care about 1 team...

GO RAMS!!!

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Wow! Thanks for the heads up on this. I don't really care about the video game but being in NC, I can't get Bears games (unless it's SNF or MNF). This is easily worth $40 for access to all Bears games. I'm assuming that I can also just AirPlay the games to my large TV too. If that's the case then it's an even better deal.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Thanks for the head's up on Madden 25. I was going to hold off until the next gen version comes out but ended up pre-ordering for X360 instead. I live in a Ravens secondary market and so the Steelers are blacked out here a few times a year when the Ravens play at the same time on the road or it is not a CBS double header week and the Ravens road games are shown. Luckily, if the conflict is when the Ravens are at home the local CBS station is allowed to and chooses to show the Steelers. It will also be nice to watch the games on mobile when I'm sometimes stuck at soccer practice/games.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Leebo33 wrote:Thanks for the head's up on Madden 25. I was going to hold off until the next gen version comes out but ended up pre-ordering for X360 instead. I live in a Ravens secondary market and so the Steelers are blacked out here a few times a year when the Ravens play at the same time on the road or it is not a CBS double header week and the Ravens road games are shown. Luckily, if the conflict is when the Ravens are at home the local CBS station is allowed to and chooses to show the Steelers. It will also be nice to watch the games on mobile when I'm sometimes stuck at soccer practice/games.
You're going to get blacked out. All of these "subscription" sports services are still being held to broadcasting rights based on the TV broadcast schedule. For example if you live in a blacked out market on TV, you're device will be blacked out too. Just because you're on mobile, doesn't mean you get the broadcast. Just a little warning.

At least that's how it worked last year.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Thanks, DB. I think I will be OK. It's not that the Steelers are blacked out here. They are considered "out of market" as this is Eagles primary and Ravens secondary. It's just that there is only one CBS channel and if that channel is required to show certain Ravens games (despite their wishes) then they can't show a Steelers game at the same time. The few games that I want to watch that aren't on local have historically been shown on Direct TV on local bars or friends that have DTV.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Thanks DB you saved me $100. In my area all of the Bucs home games are blacked out and most of the Phins home games are blacked out.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Does Sunday Ticket Online also black out based on IP address? Or is every game available, regardless of location?

Proxy could solve IP-based blackouts, though.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

pk500 wrote:Does Sunday Ticket Online also black out based on IP address? Or is every game available, regardless of location?

Proxy could solve IP-based blackouts, though.
I don't know how Sunday Ticket Online works but MLB.TV and NHL Gamecenter use your IP to implement blackouts. A good VPN service can be used to get around the blackouts. With NHL (have not confirmed for MLB.TV) you can even turn off the VPN connection once the game has started streaming to ensure good streaming speeds.

NHL will even work on an ipad connected via VPN. MLB.TV uses your phone/tablet's location services so their is no way around that (that i know of).
"Be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller, and contains less potential for unexpected delirium." -Nick Hornby