First PES 2009 Info

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

jimd
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by jimd »

Jared wrote:Hallelujah!
GOOOOOALLLL! Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., today announced it will release Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 in North America for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, and PC DVD-ROM. Slated for a fall 2008 release Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 combines the attention to detail that has been the series' hallmark with extensive new additions that are certain to cement the franchise's reputation as the world's definitive soccer title for any format.
That's great news..but with Konami, I will beleive it when I see it on the shelves...

dougb
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dougb »

Feanor wrote:I wonder if the PC version will be exactly the same as the Euro version. It would nice not to have to import it.
The PC version was pretty much identical to the console version but without the severe frame rate issues on replays that afflicted the console version. We're getting console and PC versions here in October.

Best wishes,

Doug
"Every major sport has come under the influence of organized crime. FIFA actually is organized crime" - Charles Pierce

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The official release date for this game is Nov 12th.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=213025

If this turns out to be true...... :D

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

fanatic wrote:http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=213025

Still waiting for a Japanese game which gets even basic online capability right.

Is Metal Gear Online good? How about GT5P online?

Or the Microsoft-published JRPGs (don't know if they have online play)?

Or the Capcom stuff?

But at least they seem to recognize how much people want online capabilities like the ones FIFA has produced.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

fanatic wrote:http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=213025

If all this turns out to be true it will be a day 1 purchase for me.

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

All sorts of impressions up at the Winning Eleven Blog. A quick rundown:

- More deliberate game speed, much more simulation than arcade style gameplay
- Much better balance between speedy dribblers and defenders
- Reminded players a lot of PES 5 (aka Winning Eleven 9).
- Addition of "Become a Legend" mode, which is essentially Fantastia mode from the J-League version of the game. Also, there is an online version of this, though it might be you and your buddies against the CPU, not human versus human multiplayer.
- Much better ball physics
- Rain effects gameplay better
- Better grass textures
- Better manual passing with right stick
- Skill moves now done with left stick/analog pad
- As for edit mode, I'll quote the PESFan report:
PES 2009 improves on this again with the return of emblem editing, which will make the team selection screen much easier for me! You can either use the Pixel Paint method unveiled in the press release, or you can import a jpg file off the hard drive for the badge. The kit editing has also been improved upon with new template designs, as well as the ability to import jpg files off the hard drive for sponsor and manufacturer logos with enough room for 40 team’s images to be saved. There’s enough room on the shirts for one badge and one ‘logo’ design to be displayed at once so the people in the editing section should be able to make some top notch designs! Boot editing misses out again but with a plethora of designs and colours to choose from, PES players with a boot fetish should be satisfied with the amount on offer. The standard player editing options still exist, as do the team options. One added extra is the ability to import your own crowd chants, so all the scousers can finally replicate famous European nights with ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ being belted out by the home fans in the dying minutes of a game.
And with all this good news, it looks like EA now has the exclusive license for La Liga. Though there's no information as to whether that affects PES 2009.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

And I hear that MS is bringing a new pad just in time for PES where you have control with the D-pad and diagonal controls now possible. In the past I kept getting the PS version just because of my preference for the controller.

DrCosta
Mario Mendoza

Post by DrCosta »

their is a new d-pad its on ign site http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/900/900487p1.html I just hope PES has a team play online 5 v5 is minimum now, esp since fifa09 has 10 v10

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Konami scores UEFA assets for Pro Evolution Soccer

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/09/14/konam ... franchise/

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Rodster wrote:Konami scores UEFA assets for Pro Evolution Soccer

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/09/14/konam ... franchise/
I don't think this is new. We knew they were getting the UEFA Champion's League.

And the EPL contract with EA allows for other games to license only two teams.
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

First time i've heard of this news but i'm glad it's been discussed before.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

They have to focus and improve in the online department. FIFA had made big strides.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Rodster wrote:First time i've heard of this news but i'm glad it's been discussed before.
I first read that and thought they got another license. I think it's just creative marketing drumming up more PR for their capture of the CL license.

I just hope they do something good with the CL.

I would love a true CL mode (I bet it will be only the 2nd group stage teams). And I would hope in their version of be-a-pro, you can play in team, cup and national matches.
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I haven't had a chance to play the FIFA 09 demo but i'm really hoping that Konami fixed last years problems including the arcade speed of the game. I prefer Konami's AI over EA's.

I think this year it's either PES 2009 or FIFA 09 for me. Has anyone heard or read when the PES 2009 demo is supposed to drop? And is it still scheduled for an Oct/Nov release here in the US?

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Rodster wrote:I haven't had a chance to play the FIFA 09 demo but i'm really hoping that Konami fixed last years problems including the arcade speed of the game. I prefer Konami's AI over EA's.

I think this year it's either PES 2009 or FIFA 09 for me. Has anyone heard or read when the PES 2009 demo is supposed to drop? And is it still scheduled for an Oct/Nov release here in the US?
Good to hear you've narrowed the field down to PES and FIFA :D

Supposedly, the pace is much more similar to PES6 which was perfect in the eyes of many. A lot of "back to the glory days" comments floating around cyberspace. Not sure about a demo, but I believe Oct. 31 or right around there is the expected release date. Can't wait.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I saw the 'news' today PES 2009 will have the French league and Dutch league fully licensed (didn't we already know this?), bu stumbled across a translated spanish review on the PES blog.
- 8 different cameras, and each of them at 3 heights
- It also mentions that all 32 CL teams have full kits and names
- Players change facial expression when they lose the ball, they scream
- A.I. has improved very much according to the article
- The players are very much like the real counterparts
- Great illumination and weather effects
- 19 Stadiums
- 8 Players, 4 Online for regular match
- 7 players, 8 online for Become a Legend

- The Spanish commentators are great
- For kit editing, add images for Logos AND sponsors
- Share replays with friends through the Internet

The good:
“The Saga has reached a level of simulation that is hard to improve on”
“Smoother animations but Mechanical”

Conclusion:
“The Saga has made a huge step forward, although it has not yet found the ’sweet spot’ on the new consoles”
The Bad:
“The game engine is stuck on last year’s, with improvements”
“Fewer Licenses”

The general feeling of the reviewer is that aside the graphics and Licenses which are better in FIFA, the ‘legendary’ playability of PES remains.
It would be nice to have the review of FIFA that is in the same magazine.

Graphics: 90
Sound: 91
Longevity: 95
Fun: 92

Overall: 92
I'm not sure how to decipher the online player numbers (4 a side? altogether?), and here's to hoping the online options aren't critically gimped in some crucial way as Konami is known to do.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I'm really looking forward to this game. I'm glad Konami decided to release it in November.

Gamecocks625
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Gamecocks625 »

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/

Adam from WENB is a good source of info. He should be getting the game early from Konami this week or next.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

My review of the most recent J-League WE game for the PS2 - apart from a few tweaks it's identical to last year's game....but still the best single player football game around. Going by this title Konami have lost the Spanish league license.

http://www.maccasgaming.com/reviews/JLWE2K8CCReview.htm

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

I'm going to be importing my copy of the PC version of PES 2009 from this website. I've bought PES 5 and and PES 6 from them before and got good service.

www.cdwow.us

The PC version is only US $39.99 with free shipping, but the PS3 and 360 versions both go for the crazy price of $81.99.

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Macca00 wrote:My review of the most recent J-League WE game for the PS2 - apart from a few tweaks it's identical to last year's game....but still the best single player football game around. Going by this title Konami have lost the Spanish league license.

http://www.maccasgaming.com/reviews/JLWE2K8CCReview.htm
Nice review...you started playing for Kyoto Purple Sanga? I've actually been to a match there (against Vegalta Sendai). The stadium is dead-on in the game. It was actually pretty fun...the gameplay wasn't great, but it was attacking football and they drew a good crowd. Though the only thing I could read in the concessions stand was "SANGA JUICE", which was some sort of sweet, unidentifiable purple drink.

Too bad this isn't on a next-gen console.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

FYI, According to the Winning Eleven Blog the demo will be out on October 2nd.

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/news/p ... emo-dated/
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Zlax45 wrote:FYI, According to the Winning Eleven Blog the demo will be out on October 2nd.

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/news/p ... emo-dated/
Well, it's for sure hitting the PSN for Europe on 10.2.08 I'll be downloadiing it then.

dougb
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dougb »

"Every major sport has come under the influence of organized crime. FIFA actually is organized crime" - Charles Pierce