Forza 3 details leaked

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Forza 3 details leaked

Post by pk500 »

For you Forza fans:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168245

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Forza 3 details leaked

Post by Naples39 »

pk500 wrote:For you Forza fans:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168245

Take care,
PK
Still unconfirmed, but sounds like probable changes.

400 cars and 100 tracks. By point of comparison, Forza 2 had 300 cars and 14 tracks with 47 configurations available.

Easy purchase for me, the only question is how much lasting appeal the game will have for me.

WPatrick
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by WPatrick »

Can't wait! I still play Forza 2 almost daily. I am not a tuner, but I hold my own online. After playing Grid and Nascar 09 I am reminded of how much I love Forza 2 and it's predictable driving model.

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

Fingers crossed for a cockpit view.
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Realistically the 100 tracks probably equal 30 tracks with 100 variations or something. Still that would be much better than Forza 2 which was killed off because the lack of tracks.

If Forza wants to be the best racing game it has to have the best tracks in the world and offer as many as TOCA.

I would like to see the TOCA tracks, some of the F1 tracks, maybe Indy in-field. Although racing Mini's around the 2.5 miler might be fun.
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

JRod wrote:I would like to see the TOCA tracks, some of the F1 tracks, maybe Indy in-field. Although racing Mini's around the 2.5 miler might be fun.
I've heard nothing about Microsoft licensing IMS, so don't hold your breath. But I'll let you cats know first thing if it happens!

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Kruza
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by Kruza »

Gurantsu wrote:Fingers crossed for a cockpit view.
Heh, if this wasn't included in Forza 2 then I seriously doubt that it would happen for Forza 3.

I don't care if it's 400 cars included in the game. The most important thing to me is the type of cars included, not how many. If 380 of them are everyday-type cars that I see on the street all the time, then that list is bogus to me. Screw them. I want race cars or race-bred street cars. High performance sports cars, super cars, prototype cars, GT cars, old school muscle cars, and open wheel cars. The only everyday cars I can tolerate are are tuned Japanese cars like a souped-up Nissan Skyline or Honda NSX or something along those lines.

Second gripe I have is that I don't like to be forced to race a bunch of BS cars to get to race the high-end cars either. From the start I want to take a car like a Peugeot 908, Aston Martin DB9, Corvette C6.R, or Ford GT for a run through the long and spectacular Nordschleife circuit. I can never get bored of that track. Oh, and Microsoft need to find a way to include the fabulous Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe. There's no excuse not to have that track in Forza 3.

And there needs to be more than 8 racers for online play. MS should shoot to get up to 16 cars in a race -- or at least a dozen. Having 20 racers online would be truly awesome, but I know that's a pipe dream.

Kruza

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I disagree with you Kruza, insofar as one of my favorite things about playing Forza or Gran Turismo is racing with normal cars. I love the D and C class races in Forza, online and off.

It does bother me however, when the game claims there are 400 cars, yet that includes 10 different variations of a Skyline. The real important number is the number of unique cars.

Totally agree on upping car numbers on the track. At least 12 for online play, and even more for offline 1p racing.

WPatrick
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by WPatrick »

Kruza wrote:
Gurantsu wrote:Fingers crossed for a cockpit view.
Heh, if this wasn't included in Forza 2 then I seriously doubt that it would happen for Forza 3.

I don't care if it's 400 cars included in the game. The most important thing to me is the type of cars included, not how many. If 380 of them are everyday-type cars that I see on the street all the time, then that list is bogus to me. Screw them. I want race cars or race-bred street cars. High performance sports cars, super cars, prototype cars, GT cars, old school muscle cars, and open wheel cars. The only everyday cars I can tolerate are are tuned Japanese cars like a souped-up Nissan Skyline or Honda NSX or something along those lines.

Second gripe I have is that I don't like to be forced to race a bunch of BS cars to get to race the high-end cars either. From the start I want to take a car like a Peugeot 908, Aston Martin DB9, Corvette C6.R, or Ford GT for a run through the long and spectacular Nordschleife circuit. I can never get bored of that track. Oh, and Microsoft need to find a way to include the fabulous Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe. There's no excuse not to have that track in Forza 3.

And there needs to be more than 8 racers for online play. MS should shoot to get up to 16 cars in a race -- or at least a dozen. Having 20 racers online would be truly awesome, but I know that's a pipe dream.

Kruza
Strongly agree on all points especially more than eight cars online and off. Offline it needs at minimum 16 cars

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Quick question, slightly off topic.

Is TOCA 3 Race Driver Backward Compatible on the 360?

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

PRBoom wrote:Quick question, slightly off topic.

Is TOCA 3 Race Driver Backward Compatible on the 360?
Unfortunately it is not.

Kruza
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by Kruza »

WPatrick wrote:Strongly agree on all points especially more than eight cars online and off. Offline it needs at minimum 16 cars

Yeah, good point. It should be that way for offline races too.

As for online races, it's decent the way things are in Forza 2. But there should be a number of additional things considered for Forza 3. For a few examples, have a selectable tire wear and fuel consumption rate along with a required number of pit stops made for a race. There should be an option to run a Practice and/or Qualifying session prior to an online race. Include all the race flag situation and penalties that TOCA 3 had. Spruce up the pit stop features and options. While in the pits, give the driver options on if or how much fuel he wants added to the car, if he does or does not want new tires, which type of tires if change is wanted, etc. And there has to be option to select the intensity of precipitation during a race, from a light drizzle to pouring heavy rain. Heh, there can't be dry weather conditions all the time.

Kruza

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Naples39 wrote: Easy purchase for me, the only question is how much lasting appeal the game will have for me.
WPatrick wrote:Can't wait! I still play Forza 2 almost daily. I am not a tuner, but I hold my own online. After playing Grid and Nascar 09 I am reminded of how much I love Forza 2 and it's predictable driving model.
Just spent a couple of hours with Forza 2....Nice...Very nice...I had forgot. Why did we stop playing?

For Forza 3.
1) Add more cars to the "grid" :P and 2) give me a greater sense of the speed and Ill be pretty happy.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

XXXIV wrote:Just spent a couple of hours with Forza 2....Nice...Very nice...I had forgot. Why did we stop playing?

For Forza 3.
1) Add more cars to the "grid" :P and 2) give me a greater sense of the speed and Ill be pretty happy.
My souring on Grid has tempted me to do the same recently. In the process of moving so my gaming stuff is all over the place, but would be happy to break it out in the next few weeks.

JohnnytheSkin
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by JohnnytheSkin »

I'm up for some Forza 2 again. I've since re-purchased the game and am pissed I deleted my save. My garage is barren!

Gifts anyone?

Kruza
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by Kruza »

JohnnytheSkin wrote:I'm up for some Forza 2 again. I've since re-purchased the game and am pissed I deleted my save. My garage is barren!

Gifts anyone?

Heh, which cars do you want? I have them all, but could care less for owning most of the C- and D-class cars.

Kruza

JohnnytheSkin
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by JohnnytheSkin »

Kruza wrote:
Heh, which cars do you want? I have them all, but could care less for owning most of the C- and D-class cars.

Kruza
Pretty much any front wheel or all wheel drive car, classes don't really matter. If you have any with sweet designs, that would be cool as well.

Kruza
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by Kruza »

I haven't forgotten about you, JohnnytheSkin. A relative had borrowed my Forza game for a while (since just before the Olympics started) and I've just gotten it back.

You can have all my FWD cars. I have to take a closer look at the AWD cars, though. I like a few of them very much.

Kruza

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The game is to be released at the end of the year.

http://www.vg247.com/2009/02/16/source- ... christmas/

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

This time I plan to wait until it goes Platinum Hits status which should be about 1 years time. By then it will include all DLC and will probably be on clearance for $10 at TRU. ;)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Forza 3 to include the 24 Hours of Le Mans event. 8)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/forza ... acks-modes

"Microsoft has confirmed the inclusion of notorious and prestigious endurance race 24 Hours of Le Mans in Forza Motorsport 3. This is the real-life event where drivers race over the course of an entire day, taking frequent stops at Welcome Inns up and down the M1.

Le Mans circuits Le Sarthe and Bugatti will be included, as will the 24 Hours of Le Mans multi-class racing mode."

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

How many cars will be on track at once? Sorry, but an eight-car race is not Le Mans. Hell, a 16-car race isn't Le Mans.

Take care,
PK

backbreaker
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by backbreaker »

pk500 wrote:How many cars will be on track at once? Sorry, but an eight-car race is not Le Mans. Hell, a 16-car race isn't Le Mans.

Take care,
PK
8 max on line and off.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

backbreaker wrote:
pk500 wrote:How many cars will be on track at once? Sorry, but an eight-car race is not Le Mans. Hell, a 16-car race isn't Le Mans.

Take care,
PK
8 max on line and off.
That just plain blows.